Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Quote:

LakersReporter

Luke Walton has reached out to most of the Lakers players already. “They’ve spoken and connected,” said Kupchak.

He's already outperformed Byron

thats not fair man...byron doesn't know how to use them new school mobile phones... and thats these kids problem, they dont know the struggle of using a rotary to dial up they friends, having they friends mom answer the phone and having to humble themselves to ask for permission to speak to they friends. Byron shouldn't have to call first, a man would reach out to the new coach on his own and be grateful if byron answers the phone
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:
Quote:

LakersReporter

Luke Walton has reached out to most of the Lakers players already. “They’ve spoken and connected,” said Kupchak.

He's already outperformed Byron

thats not fair man...byron doesn't know how to use them new school mobile phones... and thats these kids problem, they dont know the struggle of using a rotary to dial up they friends, having they friends mom answer the phone and having to humble themselves to ask for permission to speak to they friends. Byron shouldn't have to call first, a man would reach out to the new coach on his own and be grateful if byron answers the phone

True. Byron still trying to find out what DLO Aim screen name is so he can message him platitudes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Dave Miller is babbling on something about Luke and the Wizard of Oz?

anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Dave Miller is babbling on something about Luke and the Wizard of Oz?

let my mans dave cook a lil bit
11 championship rings
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject:

If you haven't listened to the Bob Myers interview on 710 ESPN, do it now. Really insightful stuff about Luke, analytics, systems, etc.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=15477152
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Anyone else like me today and break into a big smile every time they showed Luke on the bench?
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject:

11 championship rings wrote:
If you haven't listened to the Bob Myers interview on 710 ESPN, do it now. Really insightful stuff about Luke, analytics, systems, etc.

Nice! Skip to the 25 minute mark if you want to listen.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate

Last edited by KobeRe-Loaded on Sat May 07, 2016 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Nice! Skip to the 40 minute mark if you want to listen.

25 minute mark.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Nice! Skip to the 40 minute mark if you want to listen.

25 minute mark.

Thanks for the correction, must have had my cursor on the timer.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
NewEra
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject:

Love the signing of Luke Walton.

However, he is just the first step to the many we need to get back to where we belong, top of the NBA.

At the moment, with the current team and Ingram/Simmons, making the playoffs is wishful thinking.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Tracy Murray just said he's working w/Julius so... I'd assume he's still on the staff next year?
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Tracy Murray just said he's working w/Julius so... I'd assume he's still on the staff next year?

He's probably still under contract. If Luke wants him,he'll be retained, if not, he'll be let go. They are not in a rush since Luke can't coach until the playoffs are done, so they still need people working with the youngsters.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Why Walton is set for success in Los Angeles

Quote:
"At some point we all kind of expected him to be the head coach of the Lakers," said Owens. "I thought that then [when I was coaching with him.] It may be ten years, but this guy is going to be the head coach of the Lakers."

The level of optimism required for such a feeling is rare, but it has been matched by fans of the Los Angeles Lakers in the recent weeks since Walton was hired to replace Byron Scott at the beginning of May.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/5/23/11737378/la-lakers-luke-walton-head-coach
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Warriors losing tomorrow benefits the Lakers. Luke can finally begin his work with the Lakers and get up to speed on the draft prospects.
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Love the Luke hire.....he's and Kevin Ollie were my guys.

I also LOVE the brian shaw hire. Time to bring back the minds who were with us from a more successful time. Shaw was a great assistant for PJ, and obviously Luke was kind've like an assistant during his time as a player for us. Cant wait to see how they finish off the coaching staff and what our training staff will look like. Luke is so young he can be here 10+ years if everything goes right.

The upcoming years will finally be exciting for us fans. Young guys, cap space, young coaching staff with Laker ties. Let's get back to the "Laker Way." Do things our way with our guys. Luke will run a GSW type offense with us but eventually it'll evolve into our own thing that'll work to our individual players strengths!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:

I also LOVE the brian shaw hire. Time to bring back the minds who were with us from a more successful time. Shaw was a great assistant for PJ, and obviously Luke was kind've like an assistant during his time as a player for us. Cant wait to see how they finish off the coaching staff and what our training staff will look like. Luke is so young he can be here 10+ years if everything goes right.

The upcoming years will finally be exciting for us fans. Young guys, cap space, young coaching staff with Laker ties. Let's get back to the "Laker Way." Do things our way with our guys. Luke will run a GSW type offense with us but eventually it'll evolve into our own thing that'll work to our individual players strengths!

You can say that again!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:47 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:

You can say that again!

I can't wait for the season to start!!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
22 wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:

You can say that again!

I second and triple that!!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
pio2u wrote:
22 wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:

You can say that again!

I second and triple that!!!

I hate the offseason!! GO LAKERS
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:39 am    Post subject:

I feel like jumping into someones arms at the beach and cheering, I'm so excited.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject:

Luke is getting even more really great experience these playoffs. This OKC series is a chess match.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Luke is getting even more really great experience these playoffs. This OKC series is a chess match.

Seriously. Even though they lost, Golden State found something defensively in the 2nd half of Game 4. They gave 34, 38, & 45 in the first 3 quarters of Game 3 (4th quarter was garbage time), and then 30 & 42 in the first half of Game 4.

They stopped roaming off of Roberson to start the 2nd half of that game, and that's helped.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Luke Walton: It’s ‘easy’ to ignore the Lakers (for now)

Quote:
With one more Warriors loss, the acclaimed Warriors assistant will start his next life is as head coach of one of the NBA’s most prestigious franchise — the Lakers. For now, Bill Walton’s son claims to have shut out thoughts of the purple and gold after choosing the Lakers over an inquiry from Knicks president Phil Jackson, whose preferred choice was Walton.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/29/luke-walton-its-easy-to-ignore-the-lakers-for-now/
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
With one more Warriors loss, the acclaimed Warriors assistant will start his next life is as head coach of one of the NBA’s most prestigious franchise — the Lakers. For now, Bill Walton’s son claims to have shut out thoughts of the purple and gold after choosing the Lakers over an inquiry from Knicks president Phil Jackson, whose preferred choice was Walton.

Nice.

Walton screwing Phil and the Knicks and accepting the Lakers job is pretty awesome.
KendrickLamar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Nice.

Walton screwing Phil and the Knicks and accepting the Lakers job is pretty awesome.

Can't really blame him tbh an aging carmelo anthony + porzingis or DLO, Randle, Clarkson, Nance.

Seems like the better choice but keep in mind tbh i havent watched many knicks games so they might have players that weren't mentioned above and also he made the choice to pick us before we had the 2nd pick guaranteed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 163 of 818
Jump to: