Official 2016 NBA Playoff Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 448, 449, 450 ... 1010, 1011, 1012  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Prediction for game 6:

Tor comes out firing, fades before halftime. :\

It was fun while it lasted.

Not so fast that crowd of theirs is going to help Tor force game 7 plus the Cavs haven't won there all year.

Hope so, but im not betting on it.

!...
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

I'am really not mad missing on DeRozan either. Good player but I don't think he's a piece to a championship team. His style isn't very complimentary to other pieces. He's a 3rd option playing like a first option and I don't think any coaches can really change that.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

What's going to happen to the East next year if Derozen comes to La or elsewhere. That's just going to weaken an already inferior team. I hope there's a team out east that has a major plan or else it's going to be an easier path to the finals for the Cavs next season
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
What's going to happen to the East next year if Derozen comes to La or elsewhere. That's just going to weaken an already inferior team. I hope there's a team out east that has a major plan or else it's going to be an easier path to the finals for the Cavs next season

The real question where will the Lakers be with Derozan in the west no playoffs or low seed.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:

The Celtics are the next power team in the East. Lots of cap room, lots of draft picks, one of the best coaches in the NBA.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

The real question where will the Lakers be with Derozan in the west no playoffs or low seed.

The west is kind of wide open past GS and OKC and even the Spurs still. Throw in the Clips. After that it is a toss up imo.

I think the Lakers could make the playoffs as a 8th seed by adding DeRozan and Biyombo. The chips have to fall yeah but that's basketball.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Don't sleep on Detroit either, they aren't that far to be a problem in the east. Still maybe a couple of years away.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

The west is kind of wide open past GS and OKC and even the Spurs still. Throw in the Clips. After that it is a toss up imo.

I think the Lakers could make the playoffs as a 8th seed by adding DeRozan and Biyombo. The chips have to fall yeah but that's basketball.

Basically make the playoffs and then lose in the 1st round.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

After a 17 win season that is a huge turn around.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

really dont want biyombo @ around 20m dollars
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

+1

Role player energy guy. You pay 8m not 20m for such limited player.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

I would rather wait a year and go after Adams for a big money deal.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

same here.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

He's going to be a RFA, with his ascension in the playoffs, they'll probably match whatever offer.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

He's going to be a RFA, with his ascension in the playoffs, they'll probably match whatever offer.

Yeah Adams is most likely gonna be out of reach sadly.

My favourite center in the game though.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I am not sure how anyone can watch these playoff game and not consider Lebron still the best player in the NBA.

??? I only saw a scared as hell Cavs team with no leader whatsoever in Game 3 and 4. If OKC keeps playing like they are right now the Cavs might not even be able to score more than 50pts in all 4 games together.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:30 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

Unless we haul in the big fish aka KD, we're most likely not gonna make the playoff but I hope we'll improve to the level of Jazz last season (competing for 8th spot but that's a tall order... prob need 45 wins). I mean we should go from 17 wins to maybe about 37 wins with addition of players like Derozan/wing + Big, along with the young guys. I'll consider 20 win improvement a successful season
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

Unless we haul in the big fish aka KD, we're most likely not gonna make the playoff but I hope we'll improve to the level of Jazz last season (competing for 8th spot but that's a tall order... prob need 45 wins). I mean we should go from 17 wins to maybe about 37 wins with addition of players like Derozan/wing + Big, along with the young guys. I'll consider 20 win improvement a successful season

I would be ecstatic winning 37 games next season no matter who is on the team.
A twenty win improvement would be quite a coup. It would signal that the Lakers are on the way up in a really big way.
A jump like that would surely please our legion of fans & garner Luke COY consideration.

I have my fingers crossed but only time will tell.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:53 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
governator wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

I would be ecstatic winning 37 games next season no matter who is on the team.
A twenty win improvement would be quite a coup. It would signal that the Lakers are on the way up in a really big way.
A jump like that would surely please our legion of fans & garner Luke COY consideration.

I have my fingers crossed but only time will tell.

yea man, this summer is a nervous but gonna be good summer. Can't wait to see who's the 2nd pick and Laker's 'big' FA signing. I need something to argue against Knicks fans and their Porzingis up here
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:

??? I only saw a scared as hell Cavs team with no leader whatsoever in Game 3 and 4. If OKC keeps playing like they are right now the Cavs might not even be able to score more than 50pts in all 4 games together.

I'd love to see OKC punk out a scared Cavs squad.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
cathy78 wrote:

I'd love to see OKC punk out a scared Cavs squad.

it's gonna be a good match up if OKC gets there. I mean Westbrook instead of Lowry, KD instead of Derozan and Adams/Ibaka/Kanter instead of Biyombo... Cavs gonna have to peak too
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject:

East Finals reminding me of 88 WCF, when Lakers and Mavs won every home game. Lakers would kill them at home, Mavs would pull them out at their own place. Although Game 7 was actually close for quite a while that year. I can see Toronto winning Game 6. I can't see Game 7 being close at all.
driver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

OKC has never been a place to match whatever. This is what has led them to ship out Harden and Jackson. OKC's front office is determined to just keep it cheap.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

If you won't get other good players (Durant/ Horford...) you can take Byombo/Ezeli on a contract that is loaded in the first year. Like 20m first season and 12m another 2 seasons. The player still gets around 15 per year, but we still keep enough cap space next season.

Last edited by lewis on Thu May 26, 2016 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject:

driver wrote:
The Logo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

OKC has never been a place to match whatever. This is what has led them to ship out Harden and Jackson. OKC's front office is determined to just keep it cheap.

They matched Kanter. They will match Adams. they did the right thing in trading away Harden (WB or KD >>> Harden) and Jackson, they just did a bad job getting good players in return. (even if Adams is drafted with a pick from Hou I think.. )
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 448, 449, 450 ... 1010, 1011, 1012  Next
Page 449 of 1012
Jump to: