Banshee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I wondered if Job got all the $23 mil back and, he gave a chunk to Sugar, but I didn't see him give any to Hood or Carrie, did he keep the rest for himself?

I was wondering the same thing. I didn't see him carrying any bags when he said "Banshee Pennsylvania, suck my +it."

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject:

The basic outline or premise for the show was very formulaic. It relied on the emotion of good vs evil. But then there was the more subtle, kinda bad versus bad, and evil vs evil themes. It was also over the top with violence. I kept waiting for Van Damme to appear.

The stories weren't so very compelling or special, but the characters, their flaws and how they interacted within the story lines became addicting. Here lies what made the show so compelling.

Yes, most of all, were the very memorable characters. I think back to the Sopranos and just how good it was, but beyond the infamous Tony Saprano and his mother, who unfortunately passed before we could see even more evil, the show doesn't have such a variety of memorable characters as did Banshee.

One did not watch this show to become informed or to be moved to become a better person, of to receive some message of law and order. We watched it for its raw energy and to be lost in our entertainment. By ending the show after only 38 episodes is perplexing but the writers didn't want the show to become stale. It sure never did.

Still, I think that Hood and Job and Sugar and Ana/Carrie should live on. I don't know why some spin off with them finding trouble somewhere else couldn't continue. There are so many shows with similar plot lines, as there are only so many ways to tell the same stories of TV. To make a story pop, we need characters, but with such flawed and complex characters, stale stories can have a new life to them.

We have such characters. We know these guys. Find them their vehicle so they can live on.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
On a tangent, Eliza Dushku looks hotter at 35 then she did on Buffy at 22.

Amen!

numero-ocho wrote:
Did anyone take a close look at the case file Dawson left for Hood before she left? Did it reveal Hood's real name?

I took a look with the video on pause but couldn't read anything on the file.

A nice close to the series. I liked this season too, but I felt like the serial killer story line was a bit of a time waster. Sure, it served its function to bring Hood back, but overall it took up a huge part of the final season and I couldn't really bring myself to care too much about this new bad guy barely introduced and disposed of in 8 episodes when so much was going on with the other characters we've been with for all four seasons.

One thought: Why the hell did Proctor never seem to have any security personnel at his place other than Burton?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Hmmmmm. "But if we had the right idea for a Job spinoff, certainly we would play with that."

http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/banshee-season-4-finale-show-creator-talks-about-possible-job-centered-spin-off/44809.htm
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Starr is staring in the CBS series American Gothic, from Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television and CBS Television Studios.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: