OFFICIAL Lakers 2016 NBA Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 722, 723, 724 ... 1138, 1139, 1140  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject:

EXPERIENCED lifters/bodybuilders put on a MAXIMUM(gotta use caps for emphasis) of like 2lbs a month, lifting almost every day, and that's assuming you're not on any gear

so unless duke got some dank from victor conte.....nobody is putting on that much muscle that quickly
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

I am pretty sure Kevin Durant is an ectomorph.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Ingram should get on whatever The Greek Freak is on:
Over the past 18 months, Antetokounmpo has put on an impressive amount of muscle-his weight went from 196 pounds on draft day to 222 this season. But, crucially, he's managed to do it without bulking up. "To be big is one thing, but to have muscles that are tuned to their optimal characteristics is another," says Troy Flanagan, Ph.D., the Bucks' director of performance. All that lean muscle mass allows him to generate force quickly, which gives him the agility and explosiveness that the NBA game demands.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14927328/milwaukee-bucks-f-giannis-antetokounmpo-nba-most-exceptional-body
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject:

If Ingram eats tons of calories, hits the weights hard he could gain 10 LBS by camp. But I'm talking 8-10 meals a day, including shakes. Keep in mind he's only 18 so he'll also fill out by just maturing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:
Would it be crazy to offer Philly Randle & #2 for Noel & #1. Ben Simmons wants to be a Laker and Philly would be gambling drafting him being he may be unhappy. We wouldn't need Randle if Simmons came our way, and adding a young free moving defense center would be great. Simmons base is Randle, but his ceiling is a combo Blake Griffin/Chris Webber IMO.

Philly wouldn't do that

No kidding, considering that Noel has more value than Randle and that the #1 pick has more value than the #2 pick!

That's debatable. I wouldn't do that trade straight up.

How is that debatable? One guy has real effect on one side of the floor, the other doesn't effect either side to any real degree.

Perhaps Randle will develop into the better player eventually, but right now Noel is much, much better. Noel could be the starting C on a championship team.

Sure, if his teammates were KD, Lebron, CP3 and LMA.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but unless we're getting Lou for a lotto pick, I don't want to trade him. I know that I value Lou more than most people here on LG, but to me getting an unproven player is not worth it, especially when you have someone who can give you 15 PPG on efficient numbers like Lou at only 7 million per year. If Lou were on the open market this free agency, he'd probably get at least 10 million.

It isn't just you.

There is a very vocal group on this board of anti-Lou Williams guys including some of those who moderate the site.

They hate Lou Williams, look to denigrate his play at any opportunity while in the same breath praising the play of D'Angelo Russell.

If you compare their stats last year, it is a landslide in favor of Williams, not sure what others were watching not to see that.

Let me join another two LakersGround old timers here.

For about two years every single day there were guys calling the two times champion Pau Gasol someone with a vagina, Paulina...

Byron Scott was called Park Break or Blockbuster every single day.

Lou, Nick Young, Jordan Clarkson ... every single day the same guys were trying to trade them or manifesting the desire for them to break an arm or something worst.

Ok, Byron is a bad coach, but you just have to look at his record with Cleveland to know he was a tank commander, not someone supposed to bring us another championship.

Still, I've never seen so many suspensions (and I'm not talking about myself) for criticizing a player.

I'm not talking about Scott being a good coach or Pau playing at a high level because this is not the case, but how can it be insufferable someone talking about a player, but not so much other using harsher words with greater frequency about another players or coaches.

Ok, life is not fair, but the bias was clear. If it is insufferable repeatedly calling out your favorite player if we think he is underperforming badly it is ok, but so you have to give the same treatment for your friend repeatedly calling out any other player or coach, including Lou, Jordan Clarkson and coach Scott.

Let's move on.

Last edited by nash on Wed May 25, 2016 8:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject:

i like noel as a player conceptually but i don't liek his injury history and frailness. sometimes he shows superhuman finesse on offense and other times he's a donkey with kwame hands. rather have someone more polished and dependable on O who won't (bleep) up the flow of the offense who can still be a savage on D *cough* bender *cough*
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Ainge wouldn't take Randle for the #3, so we can put that to bed.

Whatever you think Randle could become, the fact he only has two years of rookie control left is huge. The lost rookie year, plus what was nearly a lost year under Byron (developmentally) means we'll still be puzzling over what he is when extension talk comes up. Meanwhile, the #3 pick will have 4 years under Brad Stevens to grow into something.

The FO is not questioning what they have in Randle.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but unless we're getting Lou for a lotto pick, I don't want to trade him. I know that I value Lou more than most people here on LG, but to me getting an unproven player is not worth it, especially when you have someone who can give you 15 PPG on efficient numbers like Lou at only 7 million per year. If Lou were on the open market this free agency, he'd probably get at least 10 million.

It isn't just you.

There is a very vocal group on this board of anti-Lou Williams guys including some of those who moderate the site.

They hate Lou Williams, look to denigrate his play at any opportunity while in the same breath praising the play of D'Angelo Russell.

If you compare their stats last year, it is a landslide in favor of Williams, not sure what others were watching not to see that.

For about two years every single day there were guys calling the two times champion Pau Gasol someone with a (private lady parts), Paulina...

Lou, Nick Young, Jordan Clarkson ... every single day the same guys were trying to trade them or manifesting the desire for them to break an arm or something worst.

Ok, Byron is a bad coach, but you just have to look at his record with Cleveland to know he was a tank commander, not someone supposed to bring us another championship.

Still, I've never seen so many suspensions (and I'm not talking about myself) for criticizing a player.

I'm not talking about Scott being a good coach or Pau playing at a high level because this is not the case, but how can it be insufferable someone talking about a player, but not so much other using harsher words with greater frequency about another players or coaches.

Ok, life is not fair, but the bias was clear. If it is insufferable repeatedly calling out your favorite player if we think he is underperforming badly it is ok, but so you have to give the same treatment for your friend repeatedly calling out any other player or coach, including Lou, Jordan Clarkson and coach Scott.

Let's move on.

Nick Young? Really? You're serious? Professional sports is a "what have you done for me lately," profession. So what exactly has Nick Young done lately? I'll wait for your response.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
nash wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
The Logo wrote:

It isn't just you.

For about two years every single day there were guys calling the two times champion Pau Gasol someone with a (private lady parts), Paulina...

Let's move on.

Nick Young? Really? You're serious? Professional sports is a "what have you done for me lately," profession. So what exactly has Nick Young done lately? I'll wait for your response.

Sorry, you didn't get it ... it's not about the player or coach performance, is about the freedom to talk aggressively about one player or coach, but not being able to criticize another player that you think is underperforming.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Basketball insiders new mock draft today. They are split 2 for Ingram and 2 for Simmons.
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/2016-nba-mock-draft-consensus-ver-3-0/
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
nash wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
The Logo wrote:

It isn't just you.

Let's move on.

Sorry, you didn't get it ... it's not about the player or coach performance, is about the freedom to talk aggressively about one player or coach, but not being able to criticize another player that you think is underperforming.

I think you are allowed to talk about underperforming players, just you didn't know how to present it and were wrong most of the time. You couldn't back it up. Just hate with no knowledge
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject:

I would love for the Lakers to somehow get Sabonis, but that is probably pipe without a trade as I expect he will be off the board by 32.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
Except for Ingram didn't even gain weight. Unless he was gaining back weight that he lost.

What do you mean, he put on like 20 pounds before Duke's season.

Except he didn't. Ingram weighed in at 196 pounds at last year's hoops summit. He told Chad Ford a couple days ago that he is now up to 197 pounds.

http://dukereport.com/duke-basketball/duke-freshman-brandon-ingram-is-bulking-up-daldridge/

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/brandon-ingram-gains-23-lbs-and-ton-of-ugly-tats.121112/

http://collegespun.com/acc/duke/photos-mike-krzyzewski-says-5-star-freshman-brandon-ingram-has-gained-23-pounds-since-july

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
nash wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
The Logo wrote:

It isn't just you.

Let's move on.

I got what you said, it's just that Nick Young is a poor example to use considering his "play" for the last three seasons. Also, in my unsolicited opinion, you can't get too caught up in the biases of others. Why concern yourself with the opinions of someone who's nothing more than a screen name and a few dozen comments, if that, a week? Message boards are places to blow off steam IMO, so blow it off then let it go. Whatever though it's (bleep) stupid anyway. I want the six minutes I spent on this back.

Last edited by Vic5150 on Wed May 25, 2016 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
Except for Ingram didn't even gain weight. Unless he was gaining back weight that he lost.

Except he didn't. Ingram weighed in at 196 pounds at last year's hoops summit. He told Chad Ford a couple days ago that he is now up to 197 pounds.

http://dukereport.com/duke-basketball/duke-freshman-brandon-ingram-is-bulking-up-daldridge/

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/brandon-ingram-gains-23-lbs-and-ton-of-ugly-tats.121112/

http://collegespun.com/acc/duke/photos-mike-krzyzewski-says-5-star-freshman-brandon-ingram-has-gained-23-pounds-since-july

The numbers are certainly inconsistant because while Duke says he gained weight the recorded numbers don't back it up. There's a mistake somewhere.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
While Ford didn’t see Ingram’s strength-training routine, he did note that he has put on seven pounds already.

http://www.lakersnation.com/brandon-ingram-confident-in-himself-ahead-of-pre-draft-workouts/2016/05/21/

Ingram is no rag doll. Compare the photos between Nike Hoop Summit and Now. There's no way he's the same weight.

LINK

vs.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/peDrmZHZew0/maxresdefault.jpg

Does anyone REALLY think he weighs the same in both photos? The fact that he's that light and doesn't really get bumped around in the paint speaks volumes to me. Nevermind the fact that there's added definition.

Honestly, I don't care about the playing weight too much. Dude is like Reggie Miller, Tayshaun Prince, etc. May be super skinny, but definitely not light and beaten up physically while playing the game.

I think it says a lot if he has already gained 7lbs in the past few months leading up to PreDraft though.

Last edited by Mike@LG on Wed May 25, 2016 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Is it possible Simmons could play center full-time? Could he be a good rim protector?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject:

According to this, Ingram has put on 7 pounds since the end of the year

http://www.lakersnation.com/brandon-ingram-confident-in-himself-ahead-of-pre-draft-workouts/2016/05/21/

Would put him at about 203. I would be with him coming into camp at about 210. He was battling PF's for the most part of last year so picking up 10+ pounds and going back to his natural position of SF will help
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:

The numbers are certainly inconsistant because while Duke says he gained weight the recorded numbers don't back it up. There's a mistake somewhere.

I think Nike Hoop Summit overinflated, because if there's a comparison between photos from Team USA/Nike Hoop Summit until the NCAA tournament, it's obvious how much more definition he has.

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Is it possible Simmons could play center full-time? Could he be a good rim protector?

I rather play Jules there
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Potential #32 pick news:

Looks like Jaron Blossomgame has pulled out of the draft and is going back to school. Kind of surprised because he really helped himself in the combine.

Center Chinanu Onuaku is staying in the draft.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
If Ingram eats tons of calories, hits the weights hard he could gain 10 LBS by camp. But I'm talking 8-10 meals a day, including shakes. Keep in mind he's only 18 so he'll also fill out by just maturing.
That bro science doe.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
Potential #32 pick news:

Looks like Jaron Blossomgame has pulled out of the draft and is going back to school. Kind of surprised because he really helped himself in the combine.

Center Chinanu Onuaku is staying in the draft.

Onuaku would be a good pickup at #32. Could battle for the backup C position with Black next season.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Practice wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:

I think Nike Hoop Summit overinflated, because if there's a comparison between photos from Team USA/Nike Hoop Summit until the NCAA tournament, it's obvious how much more definition he has.

If anyone has an incentive to over exaggerate his weight gain it's Duke and now Ingram's agent. Photographs and verbal claims of weight gain are simply not as reliable as a measured weight.

Thankfully this will all be sorted out at the workouts.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 722, 723, 724 ... 1138, 1139, 1140  Next
Page 723 of 1140
Jump to: