What do we do with the 32nd pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

mde24 wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
pio2u wrote:
I perfer us to select a bigman w/ #32 but if we pick a guard I hope we get Djounte Murray or Gary Payton II (in that order)

* DRAFT EXPRESS PROFILES OF A FEW POTENTIAL PROSPECTS *
(of course some of these guy will be gone before round 2)

Ben Bentil: http://www.nbadraft.net/players/ben-bentil

Thon Maker: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Thon-Maker-70462/

AJ Hammonds: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/A.J.-Hammons-7070/

DeAndre Bembry: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeAndre-Bembry-71444/

Zhou Qi: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Zhou-Qi-61857/

Diamond Stone: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Diamond-Stone-7177/

Djounte Murray: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dejounte-Murray-7309/

Damian Jones: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Damian-Jones-7211/

Caris Levert: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Caris-LeVert-66377/

Joel Bolomboy: http://www.nbadraft.net/players/joel-bolomboy

Gary Payton II: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Gary-Payton-II-88099/

Right now, Hammons out of Purdue would be my 2nd pick after Zimmerman for the 32nd pick.

Hammons is my choice for the 32nd also.

Hammons is legit. This draft is a lot deeper than people are giving it credit for. I think we will get a solid player at 32. I like Hammons, felder, maker, and that kid from North Carolina. I hope he falls
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject:

I would draft the guy in my sig.
The guys from france.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject:

Diamond Stone was all-in from start on NBA draft

Quote:
Nbadraft.net’s mock draft has Stone 31st, one spot outside the first round. Draftexpress has Stone 34th. The NBA’s collective bargaining agreement guarantees two seasons of salary to first-round picks, but that’s optional for second-round picks.

But Stone sounded confident Thursday he made the right call forfeiting his college eligibility to turn pro.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article81370617.html
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject:

Using DX as a guide, Stone is my guy.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject:

A year ago, Stone was projected to be a top 10 pick.

Some pretty high potential guys could be there at 32

Zhou Qi
Diamond Stone
Malik Beasley
Thon Maker
Dejounte Murray
Stephen Zimmerman
All 19-20 year old guys to go along with

DeAndre Bembry
Caris LeVert
Chinanu Onuaku
A.J. Hammons
Ben Bentil
Gary Payton II
Prince Ibeh

Needleless to say I'm pretty excited about the 32nd pick. If LeVert falls I would look into buying another pick and stashing him in the DLeague for a year to get healthy (Same with GP2, and Ibeh)
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:27 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
A year ago, Stone was projected to be a top 10 pick.

Some pretty high potential guys could be there at 32

Zhou Qi
Diamond Stone
Malik Beasley
Thon Maker
Dejounte Murray
Stephen Zimmerman
All 19-20 year old guys to go along with

DeAndre Bembry
Caris LeVert
Chinanu Onuaku
A.J. Hammons
Ben Bentil
Gary Payton II
Prince Ibeh

Needleless to say I'm pretty excited about the 32nd pick. If LeVert falls I would look into buying another pick and stashing him in the DLeague for a year to get healthy (Same with GP2, and Ibeh)

Obviously there are a lot of decent talent available at #32. I just hope we can pick a really good one than can actually make/help the team in some tangible capacity.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject:

My hope is that we use it (assuming we even keep it) on either a defensive minded PG or a backup center.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Package #32, Lou, and Nick Young for a true center. That way you don't have to go into FA and overpay one of the three younger guys available. BB hasn't shown enough for a long enough time. Ez is too injury prone. Whiteside is a stat sheet stuffer, but doesn't have the analytic defensive impact that you'd want for those stats.

I wouldn't mind if the Lakers signed certain guys, but I frankly prefer the vet C options like Noah, Al Jefferson, and even Dwight (yes dwight) then the younger guys. I don't mind BB so much though, if they are really confident he is 23.

So would for example the Bucks consider Lou, Nick Young, and #32 for Greg Monroe? They are about to lose some SG depth in FA, and Monroe was a bench player for them in the home stretch.

If you're puzzled feel free to read this or about a dozen other articles I could find analyzing Whiteside's actual defensive impact in a 5 man game. If you over commit to certain stats, it can help you get more of those stats (blocks and rebounds) but if you are not taking care of your other defensive responsibilities - it's a net loss for your team. That's the book on Whiteside in a nutshell.
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/12/21/10633150/hassan-whiteside-defense-stats-highlights-miami-heat

Also Greg Monroe would just be attainable roughly for that offer. Which I'd rather have Greg Monroe than two contracts they don't need and a #32 center who won't help the Lakers any. It's a win in part because frankly you deal 3 currently minus defenders (#32 will need development if you get a 5) and only get one back. I'm open to them also signing a FA center, but dealing Lou and Nick is key. #32 would help that.

I would be willing to pay you for it.

Last edited by GonzagaAlum on Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
tox wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Package #32, Lou, and Nick Young for a true center. That way you don't have to go into FA and overpay one of the three younger guys available. BB hasn't shown enough for a long enough time. Ez is too injury prone. Whiteside is a stat sheet stuffer, but doesn't have the analytic defensive impact that you'd want for those stats.

I wouldn't mind if the Lakers signed certain guys, but I frankly prefer the vet C options like Noah, Al Jefferson, and even Dwight (yes dwight) then the younger guys. I don't mind BB so much though, if they are really confident he is 23.

So would for example the Bucks consider Lou, Nick Young, and #32 for Greg Monroe? They are about to lose some SG depth in FA, and Monroe was a bench player for them in the home stretch.

If you're puzzled feel free to read this or about a dozen other articles I could find analyzing Whiteside's actual defensive impact in a 5 man game. If you over commit to certain stats, it can help you get more of those stats (blocks and rebounds) but if you are not taking care of your other defensive responsibilities - it's a net loss for your team. That's the book on Whiteside in a nutshell.
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/12/21/10633150/hassan-whiteside-defense-stats-highlights-miami-heat

Sure, but how do you go from no Whiteside to Monroe?
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject:

Let's hope we do a better job at 32 this year than we did at 34 last year with Anthony Brown.

Brown is lucky the Lakers drafted him because he wouldn't even be in the NBA on any other team.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
tox wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Opps you replied before my edit.

My point is Lou, Nick, and #32 could get who? I don't think it could get many servicable C's. I do think Monroe might be one of them. He can play both 4 and 5 and I should state I value black highly. I actually think Black could essentially play a BB role. I couldn't think of a defensive elite center who those two and #32 could warrant getting in return. Hence Monroe.

Lou and Clarkson's joint matador defense really needs to be dealt with. One has to go, and Lou makes more sense to be the guy who has to go. You trade for a bigman, that means you can sign one less big in the off season, and get one more of the backcourt guys.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
tox wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

My point is Lou, Nick, and #32 could get who? I don't think it could get many servicable C's. I do think Monroe might be one of them. He can play both 4 and 5 and I should state I value black highly. I actually think Black could essentially play a BB role. I couldn't think of a defensive elite center who those two and #32 could warrant getting in return. Hence Monroe.

Lou and Clarkson's joint matador defense really needs to be dealt with. One has to go, and Lou makes more sense to be the guy who has to go. You trade for a bigman, that means you can sign one less big in the off season, and get one more of the backcourt guys.

Honestly, this isn't a popular opinion, but I'd rather trade that package for Tyson Chandler.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
tox wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Honestly, this isn't a popular opinion, but I'd rather trade that package for Tyson Chandler.

I wouldn't want the Lakers to include #32 in a Chandler deal, but I don't mind that idea if just Lou and Nick strait up. Lou, Nick, and maybe ship them 3 mil and they can buy a 2nd rounder with it (that being said PHX I believe has several picks so they likely don't want more).

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
tox wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

I wouldn't want the Lakers to include #32 in a Chandler deal, but I don't mind that idea if just Lou and Nick strait up. Lou, Nick, and maybe ship them 3 mil and they can buy a 2nd rounder with it (that being said PHX I believe has several picks so they likely don't want more).

Not sure PHX wants that crap package without at least a 32nd pick.

It would likely be a cap tradeoff with nothing going to PHX, just a straight salary dump. Of course Chandler would be a Plan C-D option for me. Other candidates out there before him.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject:

Tyson chandler is still in the nba?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Let's hope we do a better job at 32 this year than we did at 34 last year with Anthony Brown.

Brown is lucky the Lakers drafted him because he wouldn't even be in the NBA on any other team.

He wasn't given a fair shake with the KFT and Byron's minute patterns. Ditto for Tarik Black. Yes, his role was to hit outside shots but he never got to establish regularity, which is just as important.

DNP'ing him for 5 games in a row and then starting him against Durant wasn't exactly the smartest thing to do, but that's Byron for you.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject:

I would like to go big with the pick and there are some intriguing prospects that should be available.

If Thon Maker falls that far, I am pretty sure Mitch will take him. I like that pick a lot!

I also really like Chinanu Onuaku. He is also very young and I think has the tools to be a good 2 way player in the NBA. That is why I would take him over Stone who does not seem to be interested in playing much Defense.

Speaking of defense, I would be interested in Gary Payton II if we go small. Just like his dad, GPII is a terrific defender. He is also 23 years old now, so he could be a Larry Nance, Clarkson pick who is ready to contribute right away. I know that pick might be a bit of reach with the 32, so maybe we draft Onuaku with the 32 and by a later second rounder for GPII.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

He wasn't given a fair shake with the KFT and Byron's minute patterns. Ditto for Tarik Black. Yes, his role was to hit outside shots but he never got to establish regularity, which is just as important.

DNP'ing him for 5 games in a row and then starting him against Durant wasn't exactly the smartest thing to do, but that's Byron for you.

Yeah. DNP for 35 games, D/League..."oh, tomorrow you have to stop KD...and then you're going to be DNP for the next 30 games."
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Yeah. DNP for 35 games, D/League..."oh, tomorrow you have to stop KD...and then you're going to be DNP for the next 30 games."

Agreed. Shooters need rhythm and AB3 either started or did not play at all. He never had a chance. Let's see what he can do under Luke before we write him off as a bust.

Also, I love Tarik. We are going to need more players like Tarik and AB3 who actually enjoy playing defense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Agreed. Shooters need rhythm and AB3 either started or did not play at all. He never had a chance. Let's see what he can do under Luke before we write him off as a bust.

Also, I love Tarik. We are going to need more players like Tarik and AB3 who actually enjoy playing defense.

Yeah good guys to stash on the team, cheap contracts, hard workers.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

He played 5 years of college basketball and couldn't find minutes on a 17 win team. At 23, he should have been the most NBA ready rookie we had, instead he was the least ready because he isn't very talented - which is also why he struggled in the D-League.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Good guys to stash on team with the 32nd pick are very high ceiling players - boom/ bust players.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
My hope is that we use it (assuming we even keep it) on either a defensive minded PG or a backup center.

Sounds like GP2 or Ibeh but I would just go BPA at 32 since it would be a good chance to get a potential steal and buy another late 2nd if DraftExpress mock holds up and those guys fall outside of the top 47
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Good guys to stash on team with the 32nd pick are very high ceiling players - boom/ bust players.

And we have a lot of high ceiling players who are going to be age 19-21. It's nice to have a few older players who will practice hard, be good teammates, and know their role on the court too. I do think ABrown has a chance of not making the team depending on what we do with the 32nd pick and other FA pickups. He needs to pick it up this summer.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Last 20 players picked at #32

2015: Montrezl Harrell
2014: KJ McDaniels
2013: Alex Abrines
2012: Tomas Satoransky
2011: Justin Harper
2010: Dexter Pittman
2009: Jermaine Taylor
2008: Walter Sharpe
2007: Gabe Pruitt
2006: Steve Novak
2005: Daniel Ewing
2004: Peter John Ramos
2003: Luke Walton
2002: Robert Archibald
2001: Omar Cook
2000: AJ Guyton
1999: Michael Ruffin
1998: Rashard Lewis
1997: James Cotton
1996: Ryan Minor

Luke Walton is the 2nd best player on this list. It's hard enough to find an NBA caliber player at #32, but people want to include the additional restriction of him playing a specific position? I'm glad you're not running my business.

How about a list of the best players drafter below #32?

Millsap
S Jax
Monta
Michael Redd
M Gasol
Hornacek
Boozer
Mo Cheeks
Manu
Iceman
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16
Jump to: