Jordan Carkson Interview Power 106 Los Angeles (Video)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Nick Van Exel on the young core.

For most part I share his vision.
So do I. Clarkson work ethic is off the charts.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I feel like he is underestimating DLO ... I ... really like him off ball because of his ability to shoot.

Me too.

Dlo has a rare quality playing off the ball, he doesn't become a chucker and will still makes the right play if someone open is found on his radar. Russell is a great facilitator when he is not the primary ball handler and has a quick release to keep defenses honest. Without a serious improvement on his ball handling skills I think this is going to be his niche going forward.

Last edited by nash on Thu May 26, 2016 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I feel like he is underestimating DLO. To me he has the most star potential from our young core. And yeah he does not have light speed but he is smooth and crafty and can get passed defenders. I also really like him off ball because of his ability to shoot.
I think he's on point. Clarkson and Russell have similar talent level, but Clarkson work ethic and athleticism is why he has greater chance of being an elite player. Both have the potential to be great, but you can't teach work ethic.

Clarkson wants it more and nothing was given to him. Most 46th overall picks don't make rosters let alone 1st team all rookie. People seem to forget how great Clarkson was last year as a rookie. He showed flashes of Westbrook lite when he was playing PG.

He had to change positions from SG, to, PG, then back to SG after Byron benched Russell. Playing alongside Kobe, Lou, and Hibbert was tough. No spacing and just iso ball. Despite those circumstances he was still shooting 45% FG, and 38% 3pt for most of the year. Similar to Jimmy Butler and Marc Gasol, Clarkson just has that kind of work ethic that you just don't see in most late 1st and 2nd round picks. This is why I believe he's going to be a great player.
point-guard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject:

i agree with NVE. I too see more in clarkson and randle. I'm not saying dlo is gonna suck, but I'm just saying the other 2 is gonna become better players, because they have that mentality i see in all great players
Snaq O'Meal888
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Power 106 is such a ghetto station. All their disc jockeys can't speak proper English and they all sound like gang bangers!
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Snaq O'Meal888 wrote:
Power 106 is such a ghetto station. All their disc jockeys can't speak proper English and they all sound like gang bangers!

Ok then...

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Snaq O'Meal888 wrote:
Yikes.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Snaq O'Meal888 wrote:

I don't care for power 106 but this should get you banned.
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
Snaq O'Meal888 wrote:

methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:24 am    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
Snaq O'Meal888 wrote:

Banned for what? Chill out, social justice warrior. Let me guess, you're a feminist.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:40 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I feel like he is underestimating DLO. To me he has the most star potential from our young core. And yeah he does not have light speed but he is smooth and crafty and can get passed defenders. I also really like him off ball because of his ability to shoot.
I think he's on point. Clarkson and Russell have similar talent level, but Clarkson work ethic and athleticism is why he has greater chance of being an elite player. Both have the potential to be great, but you can't teach work ethic.

Clarkson wants it more and nothing was given to him. Most 46th overall picks don't make rosters let alone 1st team all rookie. People seem to forget how great Clarkson was last year as a rookie. He showed flashes of Westbrook lite when he was playing PG.

He had to change positions from SG, to, PG, then back to SG after Byron benched Russell. Playing alongside Kobe, Lou, and Hibbert was tough. No spacing and just iso ball. Despite those circumstances he was still shooting 45% FG, and 38% 3pt for most of the year. Similar to Jimmy Butler and Marc Gasol, Clarkson just has that kind of work ethic that you just don't see in most late 1st and 2nd round picks. This is why I believe he's going to be a great player.

LOL I didnt know Clarkson's dad posted here lol lol
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

This is such a familiar community, if you pay attention you can find Dlo's mom, daddy and brothers, a couple of Julius Randle's cousins and Nick Young's mother in law
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject:

My confidence in Clarkson has dropped. Don't particularly like the Kardashian connections. It's the mentality.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
My confidence in Clarkson has dropped. Don't particularly like the Kardashian connections. It's the mentality.

It's all good, he's dating a model. Ballers do what ballers do. The last pic of Clarkson posted here showed him putting on muscle weight. If he can be somewhat explosive like westbrook, he'll allright
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject:

I like Clarkson and I think he could be Tony Parker-lite in the right system. If he played for Pop, I think he could average 18/5/3, close to what Parker used to. Hopefully Luke can get more out of him than BS did. The one thing that made me like him less was when he admitted that he never really works on his defense, his biggest weakness. That and Dave's annoying adoration of him.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

His assessment of JC was fairly on point, but his assessment of d'angelo was pretty off, like it was based on summer league. D'angelo gets to the spots he wants on ball or off ball, with or without pick and roll.

Yup, and DLO played a lot of offball in college. I would think that's where a slower player can excel if they shoot well but are slow.

Druss is not slow. He's just not quick, but he's fast. Those are two different things
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:

Banned for what? Chill out, social justice warrior. Let me guess, you're a feminist.

Let's just ban everyone we don't agree with!

BAN THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT IT OUT
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject:

Jordan Clarkson says he wants to stay with the Lakers

Quote:
"I want to stay in L.A.," Clarkson told McGee following a workout at the team's practice facility. "I don't really look at it as me being a free agent, because I want to be here."

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/5/28/11804652/la-lakers-free-agency-rumors-jordan-clarkson-staying-restricted
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

This is such a familiar community, if you pay attention you can find Dlo's mom, daddy and brothers, a couple of Julius Randle's cousins and Nick Young's mother in law

Iirc there is a lukewaltonsdad too.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
Snaq O'Meal888 wrote:

Why would he get banned for that?
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Jordan Clarkson says he wants to stay with the Lakers

Quote:
"I want to stay in L.A.," Clarkson told McGee following a workout at the team's practice facility. "I don't really look at it as me being a free agent, because I want to be here."

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/5/28/11804652/la-lakers-free-agency-rumors-jordan-clarkson-staying-restricted

I mean why wouldn't you. Hugely popular star in a city filled with absolutely gorgeous women, great weather, and endless amount of ways to have fun. Better than being relegated to a place like OKC
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: