Will the Lakers sign DeMar DeRozan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will DeRozan be signed with the Lakers in FA?
Yes to many hints and signs
52%
 52%  [ 61 ]
No he will stay in TOR
44%
 44%  [ 52 ]
No he will sign with another team
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 117

Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject:

Yes.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject:

For most anyone who has grown up in So.Cal, picking to return to So. Cal. over playing and living in Toronto, is a no brainer!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DeRozan should practice on his 3 point shooting and mid range game.
His just doesn't have any confidence in his 3pt shot. He's never going to be a great 3pt shooter. Only 3 attempts in the ECF.

Never say never.

DeRoz knows if he comes to play with the Lakers his job is gonna be shooting primeter shots which is what Luke needs from his guards.

So I'm guessing he's gonna try to adapt to it.

That isn't what Luke would ask of Derozan.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Unfortunately, I think they will, they've been very short-sighted with their free agent signings lately, and I'm not sure this off-season will be an exception.
I think they've learned from their mistakes.

Let's hope so. Trying to max Carmelo Anthony isn't a sign that they are thinking very clearly. I am sure that was Jimbo, not Mitch of course according to the LG company line.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject:

Also posted this in our other DRoz thread:

ESPN is reporting DRoz wants to return to TDot. I don't blame him seeing he spent his whole career there and has help built the team and fanbase.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15790551/demar-derozan-says-wants-return-toronto-raptors
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Also posted this in our other DRoz thread:

ESPN is reporting DRoz wants to return to TDot. I don't blame him seeing he spent his whole career there and has help built the team and fanbase.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15790551/demar-derozan-says-wants-return-toronto-raptors

Well we know ESPN is always correct. Like when they reported that Derozan was coming to the Lakers.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject:

With as many teams as there are with the ability to offer max contracts to free agents, I think that it is highly likely that the Lakers miss out on the top-tier available players including DeRozen. Once the young core gets the Lakers into the playoffs, I think that the Lakers become a fascinating destination for free agents. Until then, many of the top-tier players are going to try to avoid the Lakers and their chaos, disfunctionality and infighting. We hope that Walton can change this around quickly; most likely, it will take a couple of seasons.

--Anonymous
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
With as many teams as there are with the ability to offer max contracts to free agents, I think that it is highly likely that the Lakers miss out on the top-tier available players including DeRozen. Once the young core gets the Lakers into the playoffs, I think that the Lakers become a fascinating destination for free agents. Until then, many of the top-tier players are going to try to avoid the Lakers and their chaos, disfunctionality and infighting. We hope that Walton can change this around quickly; most likely, it will take a couple of seasons.

It's not necessarily "once" the young core gets us in the playoffs but "if."
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Unfortunately, I think they will, they've been very short-sighted with their free agent signings lately, and I'm not sure this off-season will be an exception.

Let's hope so. Trying to max Carmelo Anthony isn't a sign that they are thinking very clearly. I am sure that was Jimbo, not Mitch of course according to the LG company line.
DeRozan said in his exit interview that he's loyal to his team and fans. We won't have to worry about it because he's staying.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

DeRozan said in his exit interview that he's loyal to his team and fans. We won't have to worry about it because he's staying.

You have no idea whether he is staying or not.

I hope Derozan does come but I have no control over it, anymore than your desire to prevent a more talented SG from being signed controls it. Up to DD and the Lakers FO, not any of us.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Players say stuff like that all the time. Means nothing.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

It means something. His team just lost in the ECF and won 2 games. Too much for him to leave. You guys can continue to be optimistic, but I don't see him leaving.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Means somethinf, just doesnt mean everything. Biyombo didnt say anything close to what demar said.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Biyombo won't be back. They can't pay both.
ainsley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like he wants to stay in Toronto, only way the Lakers get him is if the Raptors lowball him.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

It's not necessarily "once" the young core gets us in the playoffs but "if."

Wow . . . nice splash of cold water. Ouch. I'm hopeful. I think it will be great if a marquee player like DeRozan comes this year, and I hope he does. But, if not, that's ok too. There will be others. He is not transcendent. I'd be satisfied with several good pieces through draft and free agency, continuing flexibility and we'll get our amazing transcendent player. We always have.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Having cap space is better than wasted space.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I've warmed up to the idea a little but I still prefer not too. I just don't think it will be the end of the world if he does sign for the max like I used to.

Baby steps I guess.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:10 am    Post subject:

ainsley wrote:
Sounds like he wants to stay in Toronto, only way the Lakers get him is if the Raptors lowball him.

Agree.

I like DR and have watched several regular season and playoff games of the Raptors. I still think Casey's offensive gameplan is generally weak and does not make the best use of his players.

If they went out early, to Indy, we would have had a definite shot at signing.

Getting to the ECF there is just no real incentive for him to go here. Only lowballing on contract negotiations will sway him elsewhere.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject:

Just how much is DeRozan’s love for Toronto worth?

Quote:
instead of being overwhelmed by the potential choices – being torn between financial opportunities and personal loyalties, and the tug of home and chances to win – DeRozan made the whole thing sound obvious, and simple.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/just-much-derozans-love-toronto-worth/
SOLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
ainsley wrote:

Agree.

I like DR and have watched several regular season and playoff games of the Raptors. I still think Casey's offensive gameplan is generally weak and does not make the best use of his players.

If they went out early, to Indy, we would have had a definite shot at signing.

Getting to the ECF there is just no real incentive for him to go here. Only lowballing on contract negotiations will sway him elsewhere.

I know it's early in the process, but Derozan seemed to be very sincere in his desire to remain part of the Raptors. What's more, even though the Raptors will likely lose Biyombo, they will return JV and add a top 10 draft pick. I'm sure that the Raptors will emphasize this to DD when they meet with him on July 1st.

Not sure if they can ever compete with the Cavs, but they could easily be a top 2 team in the east for the next 2-3 years.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject:

I don't think you could sell him on Luke's offense. Most players coming off career seasons aren't looking to change.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
I don't think you could sell him on Luke's offense. Most players coming off career seasons aren't looking to change.

This is what many people over look IMO.
If DD were come here, and he wasn't successful right away in our new system, he would revert right back to what made him successful. ISO ball
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject:

He should stay in Canada, just in case Trump becomes president
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: