Who Do You Hope the Lakers Draft - Simmons or Ingram?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do You Hope the Lakers Draft?
Ben Simmons
45%
 45%  [ 205 ]
Brandon Ingram
54%
 54%  [ 243 ]
Total Votes : 448

Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
People are saying Russell is a bust and it's not supported by any facts.

I really don't remember about anyone calling him a bust. Most of his critics seems to find he is a good player, just not 2nd pick good.

I believe he has a better potential as scorer than any other young player we have, but neither calling him a bust or a stud have support of facts at this moment.
Pfft, please. (bleep) has been said ad nauseam.

Funny how you've been playing both sides of the fence all season. When dlo had his filthy stretch after the AS break, it was ALL love. Now, he's in damn near every trade proposal you've got. You ain't fooling no one.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
nash wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I really don't remember about anyone calling him a bust. Most of his critics seems to find he is a good player, just not 2nd pick good.

I believe he has a better potential as scorer than any other young player we have, but neither calling him a bust or a stud have support of facts at this moment.

Funny how you've been playing both sides of the fence all season. When dlo had his filthy stretch after the AS break, it was ALL love. Now, he's in damn near every trade proposal you've got. You ain't fooling no one.

Because I don't have any personal feeling for a player, if he plays well I'm happy, if he struggle I'm concerned.

He had a really good run after the all star break, but couldn't sustain it something somewhat expected since he is a rookie.

He was looking like a bust in summer league, but after some high scoring games when JC got hurt it was clear he can score. Can he do anything else at NBA starter level? I really don't know and I'm old enough to know you have to wait a few years to be sure about a player potential. I'm following this team since Magic was a rookie so I've seen a LOT of young players.

Dlo is not PG starting material right now if you are not tanking, but he is still our young player with best chance to be our leading scorer going forward because no 20 years old slow rookie with chicken legs will ever score 40 without talent.

You may be a young dude and should learn to take the criticism that comes with the good things. Even superstars have flaws, but they have less flaws than other players and are elite doing something.

Dlo had some great stretches scoring, but to be considered our point guard of the future he must improve his defense, ball handling, overall athleticism level, reliability running an offense without turning the ball over among other things.

About the trades I like Simmons and Ingram better, no question about that, so I'm trading Russell before I'm trading this #2 pick, period.

Last edited by nash on Mon May 30, 2016 8:38 am; edited 4 times in total
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

... Russell will be a star. Mark this thread and we can talk about it in a couple years. RUSSELL WILL BE A STAR!

Some advanced stats are called outdated for fellow forum members, but I actually couldn't find a single advanced stat overall that will put Dlo among the top 30 NBA PG. He ranks anywhere between 35 and 75, at best borderline starting material so I wish you are right because he is just 20 and cannot be judged after a single season under a coach like Scott even if two other rookie guards had historically good campaigns under the same coach and Clarkson was above average starting, but he has to improve a LOT to be an all star in two years.

I'd be happy with an average AST/TO ratio, a good FT% for a guard and a resemblance of good defense in a couple of seasons.

Ill be happy if he turns out like NVE.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
nash wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Because I don't have any personal feeling for a player, if he plays well I'm happy, if he struggle I'm concerned.

He had a really good run after the all star break, but couldn't sustain it something somewhat expected since he is a rookie.

He was looking like a bust in summer league, but after some high scoring games when JC got hurt it was clear he can score. Can he do anything else at NBA starter level? I really don't know and I'm old enough to know you have to wait a few years to be sure about a player potential. I'm following this team since Magic was a rookie so I've seen a LOT of young players.

Dlo is not PG starting material right now if you are not tanking, but he is still our young player with best chance to be our leading scorer going forward because no 20 years old slow rookie with chicken legs will ever score 40 without talent.

You may be a young dude and should learn to take the criticism that comes with the good things. Even superstars have flaws, but they have less flaws than other players and are elite doing something.

Dlo had some great stretches scoring, but to be considered our point guard of the future he must improve his defense, ball handling, overall athleticism level, reliability running an offense without turning the ball over among other things.

About the trades I like Simmons and Ingram better, no question about that, so I'm trading Russell before I'm trading this #2 pick, period.
He's 20. Thanks for coming out though. #criticism. Stay hating.

You're transparent af. Once again, it's all good. You keep doing you.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
But hey, if you're seeing the same thing as sports media hacks, that's something to take to the bank...

I am seeing the same things as those who vote for the all rookie teams.

But I am sure the LG Experts are smarter than those guys.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

... Russell will be a star. Mark this thread and we can talk about it in a couple years. RUSSELL WILL BE A STAR!

Some advanced stats are called outdated for fellow forum members, but I actually couldn't find a single advanced stat overall that will put Dlo among the top 30 NBA PG. He ranks anywhere between 35 and 75, at best borderline starting material so I wish you are right because he is just 20 and cannot be judged after a single season under a coach like Scott even if two other rookie guards had historically good campaigns under the same coach and Clarkson was above average starting, but he has to improve a LOT to be an all star in two years.

I'd be happy with an average AST/TO ratio, a good FT% for a guard and a resemblance of good defense in a couple of seasons.

Shhhhh, you are being too realistic. He is a superstar and future best PG in the NBA remember?

Start preaching the LG Company Line young man or be prepared for the consequences. When they can't refute, they suspend.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject:

Back to the topic....I'm hoping for Ingram becausee I think he fills the needs of a position that's virtually vavcant.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
nash wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Shhhhh, you are being too realistic. He is a superstar and future best PG in the NBA remember?

Start preaching the LG Company Line young man or be prepared for the consequences. When they can't refute, they suspend.

Posted in another thread.

Here is a list of some of the basic stats per 36 minutes for All-Star guards in their rookie years. I used per 36 because some played significantly more than Russell. Russell is actually the youngest out of all of them during his rookie year.

Wall: 15.6 pts, TS% 49.4, PER 15.8
Westbrook: 16.9 pts, TS% 48.9, PER 15.2
Rose: 16.3 pts, TS% 51.6, PER 16.0
Irving: 21.8 pts, TS% 56.6, PER 21.4.
Harden: 15.6 pts, TS% 55.1, PER 14.0

Russell: 16.8 pts, TS% 50.7, PER 13.2

Irving was by far the best but interestingly he hasn't improved much since then.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
nash wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Here is a list of some of the basic stats per 36 minutes for All-Star guards in their rookie years. I used per 36 because some played significantly more than Russell. Russell is actually the youngest out of all of them during his rookie year.

Irving was by far the best but interestingly he hasn't improved much since then.
It won't matter. Fans see what they see and believe what they believe.

Last edited by Vancouver Fan on Mon May 30, 2016 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
nash wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Richard Pryor over here...
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
nash wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Shh.. Now you're being realistic.. I'm going to ignore this post and believe in my own agenda instead. Why? Because I don't know basketball.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

i cant hannul all dis realism breh
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject:

I think I entered a time warp, I swear we drafted DLO last year and have a shot at Simmons or Ingram this year.
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject:

frenchbullcho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
nash wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Shh.. Now you're being realistic.. I'm going to ignore this post and believe in my own agenda instead. Why? Because I don't know basketball.

that pretty much sums it up (obviously not talking about you just in case it's misunderstood)
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
nash wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

It's cause Irving spends each summer rehabbing and not working on his game. That dude is almost D-Rose brittle
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

where is that avatar from? it's hiarlious
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Dude was called a bust in this very thread.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand the Russell hate/criticism. Yes there were times in the season where he didn't look great, but on a 17 win team, what else do you expect? He had a below average coach who didn't put him in the right position to succeed and he had to cater to Kobe for his last season with the team. The one thing I took away from Russell after watching him all season is that he can lead a team. He's very good at controlling the tempo and getting players in the right spot. He's an orchestrator out there on the court. I imagine with Luke's motion offense that he'll be installing, D'Angelo will flourish, and it won't be a debate any longer on which young player is our best. This will be a huge year for him, as it'll be his coming out party, I have no doubt about it
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Don't sit there and tell me you honestly believe this.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Are you guys serious? I thought the whole notion of D'Angelo Russell being a bust was past news. You guys are bringing this argument up again?
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject:

This was the game that sold me on Russell:

Single-handedly put the team on his back and hit a shot over the long-ass Wiggins to send the game to overtime. "athleticism and blow-by speed" go out the window in those situations.

Then that game against the Kings where he led a near historic comeback, which they would have won if not for his injury at the end:

Prior to that, I didn't think he was capable of performing like that. Kobe is the only other Laker I've seen take over games like that. I think we will be just fine with Russell.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
But hey, if you're seeing the same thing as sports media hacks, that's something to take to the bank...

Good thing the coach we hired seems something very differently than us internet experts.

Mitch chose Russ
West was a big fan
Pitino compared him to Magic
Magic is going to work with him
Curry has stated he thinks he's got all the tools
Kobe incessantly praised his vision

But not making the all rookie team is a dead give away that he's a bust.

Gotcha.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Good thing the coach we hired seems something very differently than us internet experts.

Mitch chose Russ
West was a big fan
Pitino compared him to Magic
Magic is going to work with him
Curry has stated he thinks he's got all the tools
Kobe incessantly praised his vision

But not making the all rookie team is a dead give away that he's a bust.

Gotcha.
Russell's shooting will improve with practice and as his young frame gets stronger.

A lot of players can't shoot comfortably from 3 pt range or beyond (example: Shaun Livingston). Russell launches them with relative ease. Dlo can comfortably shoot well beyond the arc. He also regains his balance very well like Curry and Thompson do even when they catch the ball fading to the right, left, or falling away. Most just fall to the side (Kobe, Lou Williams, etc). It took them years to become the most successful two 3 pt shooters and I know Dlo won't be near their level this season, but I do think while he learns other aspects, his outside shooting will be much improved if he maintains the same work ethic that got him drafted #2 at age 19.

Last edited by lakersboy on Mon May 30, 2016 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

cant find the original but i think its from one of these

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 63 of 65
Jump to: