Who Do You Hope the Lakers Draft - Simmons or Ingram?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do You Hope the Lakers Draft?
Ben Simmons
45%
 45%  [ 205 ]
Brandon Ingram
54%
 54%  [ 243 ]
Total Votes : 448

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
nash wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

... Russell will be a star. Mark this thread and we can talk about it in a couple years. RUSSELL WILL BE A STAR!

Some advanced stats are called outdated for fellow forum members, but I actually couldn't find a single advanced stat overall that will put Dlo among the top 30 NBA PG. He ranks anywhere between 35 and 75, at best borderline starting material so I wish you are right because he is just 20 and cannot be judged after a single season under a coach like Scott even if two other rookie guards had historically good campaigns under the same coach and Clarkson was above average starting, but he has to improve a LOT to be an all star in two years.

I'd be happy with an average AST/TO ratio, a good FT% for a guard and a resemblance of good defense in a couple of seasons.

Shhhhh, you are being too realistic. He is a superstar and future best PG in the NBA remember?

Start preaching the LG Company Line young man or be prepared for the consequences. When they can't refute, they suspend.

Really Lanny?
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
nash wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

... Russell will be a star. Mark this thread and we can talk about it in a couple years. RUSSELL WILL BE A STAR!

Some advanced stats are called outdated for fellow forum members, but I actually couldn't find a single advanced stat overall that will put Dlo among the top 30 NBA PG. He ranks anywhere between 35 and 75, at best borderline starting material so I wish you are right because he is just 20 and cannot be judged after a single season under a coach like Scott even if two other rookie guards had historically good campaigns under the same coach and Clarkson was above average starting, but he has to improve a LOT to be an all star in two years.

I'd be happy with an average AST/TO ratio, a good FT% for a guard and a resemblance of good defense in a couple of seasons.

Shhhhh, you are being too realistic. He is a superstar and future best PG in the NBA remember?

Start preaching the LG Company Line young man or be prepared for the consequences. When they can't refute, they suspend.

Really Lanny?

Well, I've seen tons of Paulina, Park Break and Dwight Coward posts, but I got a suspension after a single DSlow comment and that was my only justificable suspension because I got one just talking about some really biased stats.

Last edited by nash on Mon May 30, 2016 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:

Well, I've seen tons of Paulina, Park Break and Dwigt Coward posts, but I got a suspension after a single DSlow comment and that was my only justificable suspension because I got one just talking about some really biased stats.

Bingo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
nash wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Really Lanny?

Well, I've seen tons of Paulina, Park Break and Dwigt Coward posts, but I got a suspension after a single DSlow comment and that was my only justificable suspension because I got one just talking about some really biased stats.

I see you're back at this again. Sigh.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if there's a connection between criticizing the mods and suspension?

Also, there's some revisionism going on now lol.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Okaforian virus still lingering around I see. Hard to get rid of that bug. It will manifest itself into many conversations.

Hopefully D'Lo will have a break out year and then his critics can just shut the way up already.
dogstar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
KobeDGreatesss wrote:
Ingram will be a bust, he's to little and will be injury prone due to his long legs.

Good thing you figured out he will never be able to gain weight, and won't be any good because he's skinny. We better pass on him and select someone with more weight. Any fat guys available?

We don't want to get stuck with a Giannis or KD.

Okafor.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Sixer fan said he would trade okafor for clarckson.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Sixer fan said he would trade okafor for clarckson.

Funny, Sixer fan said he wouldn't trade Okafor for Russell
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject:

So yeah, anyway...I'd be happy with either Ingram or Simmons. That said I might lean toward Ingram because of his potential defensive versatility, especially when he puts on some muscle.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Okaforian virus still lingering around I see. Hard to get rid of that bug. It will manifest itself into many conversations.

Hopefully D'Lo will have a break out year and then his critics can just shut the way up already.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
So yeah, anyway...I'd be happy with either Ingram or Simmons. That said I might lean toward Ingram because of his potential defensive versatility, especially when he puts on some muscle.

For me, it is all about the mental aspect. There are rightfully questions raised about whether Simmons has enough alpha in him to have the will to be great. But if he does, he's not all that much smaller in reach than Ingram, and his frame and athleticism are major advantages, as is his vision. Both guys have monster potential, and the question is who will realize it. That's Ingram's perceptual advantage right now, along with having a jumper.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:

For me, it is all about the mental aspect. There are rightfully questions raised about whether Simmons has enough alpha in him to have the will to be great. But if he does, he's not all that much smaller in reach than Ingram, and his frame and athleticism are major advantages, as is his vision. Both guys have monster potential, and the question is who will realize it. That's Ingram's perceptual advantage right now, along with having a jumper.

It's exciting, really. I can't wait for the draft. Both have great potential.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject:

dogstar wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
KobeDGreatesss wrote:
Ingram will be a bust, he's to little and will be injury prone due to his long legs.

Good thing you figured out he will never be able to gain weight, and won't be any good because he's skinny. We better pass on him and select someone with more weight. Any fat guys available?

We don't want to get stuck with a Giannis or KD.

Okafor.

Better yet an injury prone, shirley temple sipping big man like Embiid would do us just fine.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject:

No doubt that Philly will select Simmons; we will pick Ingram and everybody will walk away happy as a lark!
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject:

Ingram, simply because Philly Wants a Superstar player right out the box and Simmons is definitely that rather he produces this year or not. The question is, can he force his way to LA? I doubt it, so that leaves us with Ingram.

Ingram is a very intriguing prospect as he can possibly be a 6'9 2 guard for us. I really don't think he has the physical stature to play at the '3' spot in the NBA. He's too frail. Ultimately he could be the better player for the Lakers than Simmons, because with Simmons we would have some redundancy. Ingram's potential makes for a more rounded team with the hope of great chemistry.

Russell
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle
Free Agent Center TBD

We're young, but our future looks bright! It's going to be an exciting off-season for the Lakers, it'll be interesting!
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject:

Per Woj's Instagram: Brandon Ingram 3pt Shooting

Good to see he's working on his 3 point shot from the right wing. His release could be higher.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject:

Good to see Simmons working on his 3.

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/738031922052497408
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject:

So will I be copping an Ingram or Simmons jersey next season? There was a little stretch where I wasn't grabbing any Lakers merch. Last season copped 2 numbers. 30 and 1. Hopefully, they stick around long enough for me to rep.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject:

The perfect fusion of both - Bendon Simgram
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
So will I be copping an Ingram or Simmons jersey next season? There was a little stretch where I wasn't grabbing any Lakers merch. Last season copped 2 numbers. 30 and 1. Hopefully, they stick around long enough for me to rep.

That's the problem. I'm not sure which guys will be around in the next 3-4 years.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
nash wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Really Lanny?

Well, I've seen tons of Paulina, Park Break and Dwight Coward posts, but I got a suspension after a single DSlow comment and that was my only justificable suspension because I got one just talking about some really biased stats.

Really? That is like a life long criminal with a history of arrests complaining they went to jail for a parking ticket. You are a body of work, either accept it or take another path. What a pathetic post.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:

That is easy, I never buy a jersey from a player before he wins a championship with us. I have/had jerseys of Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Shaq, Kobe and Pau ... that is it.

Any player wearing the P&G armor should be considered unaccomplished without a ring. I have no love for a player before he gets us a trophy.

I'm really high on the two candidates for #2 pick this year and I believe they will be in the hunt for ROY alongside players like Hield and Dunn, but I have no love for individual accomplishments. I'm happy about the player, but it's about trophies.

Derek Fisher is higher on my book than Nick Van Excel, Russell or Clarkson even if they are better players for sure.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 64 of 65
Jump to: