OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Love Nance. Great pick up. Only concern is health.

+1
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Larry Nance Jr. - All the Way Up

That was noice!

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject:

*Best and Worst Case Scenarios for Larry Nance Jr Next Season

Quote:
Lakers’ forward, Larry Nance Jr. was a surprise to many fans last year, demonstrating impressive talent and ridiculous athleticism en route to a solid rookie year

While it is still too early to tell, it appears highly likely that Lakers’ sophomore, Larry Nance Jr. will ultimately be considered a significant steal, as the team was able to land him late in the first round of last year’s draft. In order to achieve that status, however, Nance will have to continue to improve his game and adjust to the NBA level.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/05/30/lakers-offseason-larry-nance-jr-best-worst-case-scenario-next-season/
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
Lakers’ forward, Larry Nance Jr. was a surprise to many fans last year, demonstrating impressive talent and ridiculous athleticism en route to a solid rookie year

While it is still too early to tell, it appears highly likely that Lakers’ sophomore, Larry Nance Jr. will ultimately be considered a significant steal, as the team was able to land him late in the first round of last year’s draft. In order to achieve that status, however, Nance will have to continue to improve his game and adjust to the NBA level.

And if we draft Simmons?

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/05/30/lakers-offseason-larry-nance-jr-best-worst-case-scenario-next-season/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

And if we draft Simmons?

That would be a nice problem to have no matter which way we go.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

And if we draft Simmons?

I agree but I'd like to see nance get more minutes than he did last season and that probably won't be the case if we draft Simmons.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
pio2u wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

And if we draft Simmons?

I agree but I'd like to see nance get more minutes than he did last season and that probably won't be the case if we draft Simmons.

Simmons has the higher ceiling, so he'll get his...now how will Luke use Nance, we'd have to hold that thought until after we resolve that big IF we Simmons...
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
pio2u wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

And if we draft Simmons?

Simmons has the higher ceiling, so he'll get his...now how will Luke use Nance, we'd have to hold that thought until after we resolve that big IF we Simmons...

Watching this gsw game makes me happy that Luke is going to attempt to bring in a similar system designed to emphasize teamwork. KD is 10-17 and he's working way too hard to get most of his looks...a lot of them are just bad shots too. KD would be a monster I'm a GSW type offense.

Hopefully he sees that playing with someone like Westbrook isn't going to get him anywhere. Westbrooks game is fun to watch but when it comes down to it he's too easy to stop. I think a team with Simmons Russell and durant could be deadly.

Howard/ whiteside
Durant
Simmons
Clarkson
Russell

Allow Simmons to run PG like Mike _at_ LG said he can defend opposing SF. Durant becomes the stretch 4 that Howard needs.

I don't really like Howard but hey maybe he accepts that he's no longer a first or second option now.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/738788936256880640

gary puttin in that offseason work
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject:

dangit anph!! Just came here to post that!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject:

I count 4 different camera angles in the interview with the trainer

why
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Larry Nance Jr. - All the Way Up

He was fouled on several of those plays without a whistle.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject:

I like the job he is doing, his man defense suffers a little bit because he lacks the strength to bang with bigger PF, bulking up Nance has a really high potential because he has huge hands and great hoops so it's going to be tough to contain him if he is able to take contact and still finish and defend.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Ju and Larry getting their Carl Winslow on

https://twitter.com/J30_RANDLE/status/738850657487093760
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject:

Lakers Offseason: Larry Nance Jr. Working Hard

Quote:
Larry Nance Jr. is just one of the many young Lakers already in the gym working hard to make the 2016-17 season a standout year

https://lakeshowlife.com/2016/06/04/lakers-offseason-larry-nance-jr-summer-workout-tim-difrancesco/
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject:

For what it's worth, new head coach Luke Walton said that he plans to run a system similar to that of Golden State, which includes plenty of small-ball lineups.

“He’s already athletically above and beyond most guys at the three position,” DiFrancesco said. “It only will help him to have some of that lean mass. I think other threes are sort of at a disadvantage athletically against him already.

“If you put on a little bit of lean mass and make him start giving hits instead of taking hits, you’re gonna have threes in that league that are like, ‘What am I supposed to do with this guy? He outruns me, out-jumps me and he’s also stronger than me. This is a disaster.’”
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject:

Strength and Conditioning: Larry Nance Jr.

Gary putting in the work!

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/160606_larry_nance_jr_tim_difrancesco
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Honestly Lance is my favorite player of all of our rookies. Great work ethic, high IQ, knows the game and his limitations, and is incredibly coachable. He's mature beyond his years something the others need to acquire.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Loving that all of our rookies/2nd year players are doin' work. Hopefully they continue to improve. I'd love to see Nance with an even better jumpshot. He seems like a hard worker.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Honestly Lance is my favorite player of all of our rookies. Great work ethic, high IQ, knows the game and his limitations, and is incredibly coachable. He's mature beyond his years something the others need to acquire.

From a personality standpoint hes mine too. From a skill set standpoint I like Russell. I think every one of our young guys has something positive to offer the team. Its just a matter of putting it all together.
Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject:

When I was at Kobe's last game, there was a play called dead that Nance jumped through the roof on.

His head was literally at the top of the backboard.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject:

My favorite as well. I honestly can not see a single thing not to like about this kid, from a basketball and personality stand point.
Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Well, other than the shade he threw at Kobe years ago on twitter, amirite?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 94 of 221
Jump to: