OFFICIAL LOU WILLIAMS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
Beverly at backup PG and Williams off this team would be a dream scenario for me. I'd also be happy with Ariza for Williams. Either would be a perfect fit.

Yay!
Team "Trade with Houston" all aboard!
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Ariza? Jeebus people. It's 2016, not 2009. Whats the obsession with Trevor Ariza still?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Ariza? Jeebus people. It's 2016, not 2009. Whats the obsession with Trevor Ariza still?

You dont want a backup SF for Lou? I guess.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Isn't that what Larry Nance Jr and Anthony Brown are for? Or are we going to bring back Glen Rice and Rick Fox back too?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject:

When you're trading with Houston to improve your defense you know things are bleak.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Ariza will be a quality rotation player for at least the duration of his (favorable) contract. Had LA signed him last year folks would have been happy. Don't conflate a down year in Houston with Ariza being done.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
epak wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Isn't that what Larry Nance Jr and Anthony Brown are for? Or are we going to bring back Glen Rice and Rick Fox back too?

Nance is my PF. We'll see if Brown is ready.
And no on Rice and Fox.
Theyre retired.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
When you're trading with Houston to improve your defense you know things are bleak.

Beverly and Ariza were not the culprits for Houston's defensive woes.

I will give you a couple of hints:

Culprit #1 has a ridiculous beard

Culprit #2 admitted to giving up halfway through the season due to lack of offensive touches
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
davidse wrote:
They need to offer Lou to D'antoni for Beverley.

That is an interesting idea.

I would certainly make that trade if I am the Lakers and I like Lou Williams, I think he has been unfairly characterized here.

However, we need defenders and Beverly is one of the best defenders in the league at the PG position.

You wouldn't know it by this thread, but I think very highly of Lou.

I just think we need Beverly's skill set more assuming our other top 2 guards are Russel and Clarkson.
Too much duplication with Lou and not enough defense.

I think he would be a great starter next to Russell with Clarkson becoming one of the best 6th men in the league (and judging by last season - he should be elite).
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Beverly and Ariza were not the culprits for Houston's defensive woes.

I will give you a couple of hints:

Culprit #1 has a ridiculous beard

Culprit #2 admitted to giving up halfway through the season due to lack of offensive touches

Oh they were among them. Brewer too.

Howard was their only above average defensive player.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Those who say Beverley is overrated as a defender are correct. He had a negative DBPM last season. However, he did shoot 40% from 3-point range last season, and is a solid 37.3% for his career from 3.

The numbers are a little more kind for Ariza in terms of defense, and he was also respectable from 3 last season, shooting it at 37% from that range. The two players were nearly identical in true shooting %, as well (.553 for Beverley, .551 for Ariza).

The salaries actually go down for both players moving forward, which is another slight bonus. Beverley makes $6MM this coming season, then $5.5MM in '17-18, and his '18-19 salary of $5MM is not guaranteed. Ariza makes $7.8MM this coming season, and then $7.4MM in '17-18.

Even though Beverley's defense is generally overrated, his pitbull-like attitude on that side of the ball is something that would be a welcomed addition. And since it's likely that we're going to get Ingram at the wing, I'd probably prefer a trade for Beverley if we moved Lou, as opposed to Ariza. Let's say we signed Solomon Hill (it's my best guess that he gets paid a salary somewhere in the same range as what Ariza makes)...that would give you Beverley and also a reasonable facsimile of Ariza, but one with more youth and arguably more upside.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Those who say Beverley is overrated as a defender are correct. He had a negative DBPM last season. However, he did shoot 40% from 3-point range last season, and is a solid 37.3% for his career from 3.

The numbers are a little more kind for Ariza in terms of defense, and he was also respectable from 3 last season, shooting it at 37% from that range. The two players were nearly identical in true shooting %, as well (.553 for Beverley, .551 for Ariza).

The salaries actually go down for both players moving forward, which is another slight bonus. Beverley makes $6MM this coming season, then $5.5MM in '17-18, and his '18-19 salary of $5MM is not guaranteed. Ariza makes $7.8MM this coming season, and then $7.4MM in '17-18.

Even though Beverley's defense is generally overrated, his pitbull-like attitude on that side of the ball is something that would be a welcomed addition. And since it's likely that we're going to get Ingram at the wing, I'd probably prefer a trade for Beverley if we moved Lou, as opposed to Ariza. Let's say we signed Solomon Hill (it's my best guess that he gets paid a salary somewhere in the same range as what Ariza makes)...that would give you Beverley and also a reasonable facsimile of Ariza, but one with more youth and arguably more upside.

Lou and Young for Beverley and Ariza.

Mike D'Antony would love this, so would most of us.

Last edited by nash on Mon May 30, 2016 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject:

I still think Lou to Philly for 26 makes a lot of sense.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I still think Lou to Philly for 26 makes a lot of sense.

I think that Lou has more value than that, but if the FO decides that they simply cannot have Lou on this team because of any possible friction with Russell, and if we can't get better offers, I suppose it's not the worst idea in the world. Would take us up to about $68MM in cap space for free agents, or $71MM if we stretched Nick.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject:

I swear i saw Lou draw a foul on a three on the most critical possession in that game tonight.

Curry must of stole that from him, lol.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject:

Report: Lakers want to keep Lou Williams
Quote:
As the draft approaches and free agency follows, the focus of the Los Angeles Lakers and their fans has turned to the future. Armed with a young core, the second overall pick, and ample cap space, things look good in Laker Land as the team attempts to take a step forward after three straight seasons of hitting franchise lows in wins.

But while we look to additions to the Lakers’ roster, it may be worthwhile to also remember the players, namely the veterans, already on the team.

Perhaps most notable among those players is Lou Williams. The guard and former sixth man of the year award winner had a solid first season in Los Angeles, though he was not much of a difference-maker. His altered role as a starter and closer at the hands of Byron Scott left a poor taste in many fans’ mouths as he was seen as a detriment to D’Angelo Russell’s development.

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2016/06/14/report-lakers-want-to-keep-lou-williams/
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject:

Kyler is just hoping his credibility takes a big leap. He's been right and wrong on sources basically through out his time as a reporter he's not someone you look for news.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kyler is just hoping his credibility takes a big leap. He's been right and wrong on sources basically through out his time as a reporter he's not someone you look for news.

Funny cause my name is Kyler, but yes he's off and on..
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
As the draft approaches and free agency follows, the focus of the Los Angeles Lakers and their fans has turned to the future. Armed with a young core, the second overall pick, and ample cap space, things look good in Laker Land as the team attempts to take a step forward after three straight seasons of hitting franchise lows in wins.

But while we look to additions to the Lakers’ roster, it may be worthwhile to also remember the players, namely the veterans, already on the team.

Perhaps most notable among those players is Lou Williams. The guard and former sixth man of the year award winner had a solid first season in Los Angeles, though he was not much of a difference-maker. His altered role as a starter and closer at the hands of Byron Scott left a poor taste in many fans’ mouths as he was seen as a detriment to D’Angelo Russell’s development.

I wouldnt mind if we never quoted lakersoutsider . com. Why not just quote the actual q and a tweet done by Kyler.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

I wouldnt mind if we never quoted lakersoutsider . com. Why not just quote the actual q and a tweet done by Kyler.

Kyler actually got mad at them for them saying he reported the news.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject:

PIX OF LOU IN CHINA
Quote:
@TeamLou23 running with fans 🏃🏿dude that's cool 😝@peaksportsUSA @Lakers

https://twitter.com/chnlakers/status/740588252248330240
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That's true of anyone. Woj is renowned for getting scoops, but that's of done deals. When speculating, everybody hits and misses.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Well since Jim Buss has said that Lou is part of our core, I am guessing he is right on this one.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That's true of anyone. Woj is renowned for getting scoops, but that's of done deals. When speculating, everybody hits and misses.

while i agree, Steve Kyler and Alex Kennedy have a habit of throwing at the wall and see if anything sticks.

i dont trust those guys at all
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Well since Jim Buss has said that Lou is part of our core, I am guessing he is right on this one.

Lol.

Lou is not apart of our core. He is just a piece on the roster. If you are gonna believe Steve Kyler then good 4 u.

But with the off-season not even set yet no one knows who's getting traded or who's staying.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 18 of 43
Jump to: