Kobe >>>>> Steph.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject:

Eh. The Bird/Magic generation fought MJ's ascension, Mj's fought Kobe, and Kobe's fights Curry or LBJ. It's the way of fans and things will shake out how they shake out. Just appreciate all the greatness in and of itself.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Curry is the greatest player of all time, guys.

The basketball savior. Sent to cleanse the heretics and convert the nonbelievers.
His message? The 3 ball conquers all!

Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject:

Got to appreciate Kobe's defense.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
kobedagoat wrote:
the association wrote:
You weren't even close. When indirectly asked by RG73 to provide a source for your assertion, you provided literally nothing to back-up the revisionism you apparently manufactured to backstop an untenable position. There are three elements in your claim that were not met by those links: down ten points with a minute left (negative), four three pointers in a row (negative), and these particular circumstances occurred on multiple occasions (negative).

And there's something typical here, alright, but it's not what you suggest at all. It's the typical hyperbolic (bleep) we've suffered through from hordes of individuals who've rejected facts for fantasy for far too long. As far as I'm concerned, you can go ahead and make anything up that you'd like to ... but from time to time, you should probably expect that someone may call (bleep) and take you to task on the matter. And that's where we are right now.

No hard feelings, but you had your facts incorrect. Not the end of the world, but it's reality ...

You're kidding right? He exaggerated. But if he had said times we were down 9 with 1:45 left and Kobe rattles off 3 threes, or scored a 3, a jumpshot, and 4 free throws instead, that would have been "factual" and accepted?

Take a breather from puffing the inhaler and pushing up the glasses and chill out. You got his point and the point is true, Kobe did some wild things with deficits that we all saw, and that doesn't go into the "game winning shots with less than 16.3725 seconds left after the opposing team had a rain storm outside while Jack is taking a dump" statistics. That's all he was saying. Now, back to lurking I go.

The "listen up, Francis" business is a yawner ...

But fret not, I would never expect someone who chose kobedagoat as their screen name to hold facts in high regard ... OF COURSE you don't see anything wrong in his routine. So since accuracy doesn't matter in this echo chamber of yours, I have Steph Curry with 85 points tonight; that's just as accurate, right? Anyway, that's my last retort to the chuckle patch on this particular subject ... have a ball with the emojis and wagon-circling.

You are making something out of nothing. It was pretty CLEAR that it wasnt an exact thing Kobe has done that i mentioned but rather a general "idea" of the things he used to do on a nightly basis. Whether it be being down 10, being down 4, rattling off 2 3 pointers of 4 is quite irrelevant, which you seem to be missing.

You are so hellbent on taking every post to the most "factual" sense that you are missing the whole point of a post. If you want facts and statistics to be in every post you read then i recommend you be an account and not reading and posting on a public Lakers Forum.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject:

The great thing is, when it's said and done, people will remember the rings. Easier number to remember than stats.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
The great thing is, when it's said and done, people will remember the rings. Easier number to remember than stats.

Maybe, but that goes the same for MVP awards in the I can only count on my fingers and toes crowd. Steph's going to have a few more of those.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
epak wrote:

Maybe, but that goes the same for MVP awards in the I can only count on my fingers and toes crowd. Steph's going to have a few more of those.

Off the top of my head, I honestly don't even remember the number of mvp's magic, bird, or kareem has, but I know how many rings they won

I think most people are the same way, at the end if the day, thats what people remember

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
epak wrote:

I mean, why are you doing this? Wouldn't it be a greater usage of your most precious resource (time) to just go over to a Warriors forum and express this the way you are doing it?

I just don't understand why this is tolerated here but posters who actually discuss Lakers topics (even if they are silly) and are actually pro Lakers get banned all the time. I am all for free speech and for the expression of each person's thoughts... But at the end of the day, this is just baiting and troll-tastic behavior at its finest hour.

And for what it's worth... The only people who bring up MVP's when comparing players are Lebron and Steve Nash fans. I've never seen another group do this. The award simply means nothing...
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
epak wrote:

I mean, why are you doing this? Wouldn't it be a greater usage of your most precious resource (time) to just go over to a Warriors forum and express this the way you are doing it?

I just don't understand why this is tolerated here but posters who actually discuss Lakers topics (even if they are silly) and are actually pro Lakers get banned all the time. I am all for free speech and for the expression of each person's thoughts... But at the end of the day, this is just baiting and troll-tastic behavior at its finest hour.

And for what it's worth... The only people who bring up MVP's when comparing players are Lebron and Steve Nash fans. I've never seen another group do this. The award simply means nothing...

Wouldn't this whole thread have been better started on a Warriors board? Why was Curry even brought up in the first place?
ringThingDoUrThiNg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject:

JJin77 wrote:
KBH wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
I don't understand these bipolar positions that people take on such issue.

Did anyone argued that Curry had better career than Kobe?
Or did any laker fan here in LG argued that Curry is overall better than Kobe?
(if someone did, then I don't speak for him/gal)

We all know what Kobe has done for 16 yrs of dominance.
Longevity is a virtue when you evaluate a player's status.
Thus, Kobe is top 10 player of all time and his legend is cemented.
Curry will have to sustain this incredible pace for next few years before
he cracks top 15 of all time. He IS NOT A THREAT TO KOBE's LEGACY AT ALL, at least not yet.

There is no need to be defensive when people recognize statistically proven
fact what curry has displayed during this regular season on the best regular season team in NBA history is better than Kobe's best regular season in his prime.

Actually if you consider a statistical output in relevance to winning,
you can actually make a robust argument that Curry had the best single regular season performance in the history of NBA. After all, Curry did his thing in freaking 73 winning team. I wouldn't take issue with that statement because it is merely evaluating the performance of Regular Season.

so, here's suggestion:

if statement Curry's best regular season performance is greater than Kobe's bother you that much, you can counter that with Kobe's best playoff performance is far better than Curry's.

I don't see what to get work up about this.

Many people here don't like when players other than Kobe receive praise. It's as if it's a direct attack on Kobe's legacy and accomplishments. Is this ridiculous? Of course, but it's been like this for years around here.

I know. We've seen same attitudes from MJ's biggest homers.
One of my best friend was one of them and used to drive me crazy.
Now, it's laker fans' turn I guess.

On the other hand, it only takes few post by Dave20 right above that goes overboard to bait these discussion into hot mess. there are two sides of coin after all, I guess.

But to be honest - Kobe never did surpass MJ. I was also a believer at one point.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
epak wrote:

Wouldn't this whole thread have been better started on a Warriors board? Why was Curry even brought up in the first place?

*ahem*

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=176654&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject:

ringThingDoUrThiNg wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
KBH wrote:
JJin77 wrote:

he cracks top 15 of all time. He IS NOT A THREAT TO KOBE's LEGACY AT ALL, at least not yet.

fact what curry has displayed during this regular season on the best regular season team in NBA history is better than Kobe's best regular season in his prime.

you can actually make a robust argument that Curry had the best single regular season performance in the history of NBA. After all, Curry did his thing in freaking 73 winning team. I wouldn't take issue with that statement because it is merely evaluating the performance of Regular Season.

so, here's suggestion:

if statement Curry's best regular season performance is greater than Kobe's bother you that much, you can counter that with Kobe's best playoff performance is far better than Curry's.

Many people here don't like when players other than Kobe receive praise. It's as if it's a direct attack on Kobe's legacy and accomplishments. Is this ridiculous? Of course, but it's been like this for years around here.

On the other hand, it only takes few post by Dave20 right above that goes overboard to bait these discussion into hot mess. there are two sides of coin after all, I guess.

But to be honest - Kobe never did surpass MJ. I was also a believer at one point.

same here. MJ is the consistent version of Kobe (aka better). I was at an all time high on Kobe GOAT projection during our 3-peat
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
epak wrote:

*ahem*

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=176654&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Ah, so it was all about attacking some posters here, and starting another fight. Glad I could help then.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Curry and Kobe comparisons are silly, because they are completely different types of players.

Kobe and Lebron comparisons are a little more interesting.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:
Curry and Kobe comparisons are silly, because they are completely different types of players.

LeBron and Kobe are very different players. LeBron is most similar to Magic or Oscar Robertson and Kobe is most similar to Jordan. People keep saying this (bleep) about how DeRozan is like Kobe, and to me that is the biggest amount of (bleep) out of all of these comparisons.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
shnxx wrote:

LeBron and Kobe are very different players. LeBron is most similar to Magic or Oscar Robertson and Kobe is most similar to Jordan. People keep saying this (bleep) about how DeRozan is like Kobe, and to me that is the biggest amount of (bleep) out of all of these comparisons.

uh...derozen being compared to kobe is as silly as lebron being compared to magic.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, agree with posters here who say Curry should not be compared to Kobe. Curry's primarily a shooter, although a great one. But when his shot isn't falling he's pretty much neutralized. You can't say that about Kobe. When his shot isn't on Kobe has the physicality to post up, attack big men in the paint, draw fouls and/or score. Much more physical and complete offensive player.

Curry has had a great/MVP year but to say his year is better than any of Kobe or MJ's years is just asinine and jumping the gun. i don't buy the stat argument - in this case - cause it doesn't work. You have to watch the games.

Kobe's true competitors to me are the likes of MJ, McGrady, D-Wade, Lebron, Vincanity; big physical, high scoring guards who can kill you many different ways. Curry's a featherweight compared to these guys.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Yeah, agree with posters here who say Curry should not be compared to Kobe. Curry's primarily a shooter, although a great one. But when his shot isn't falling he's pretty much neutralized. You can't say that about Kobe. When his shot isn't on Kobe has the physicality to post up, attack big men in the paint, draw fouls and/or score. Much more physical and complete offensive player.

Curry has had a great/MVP year but to say his year is better than any of Kobe or MJ's years is just asinine and jumping the gun. i don't buy the stat argument - in this case - cause it doesn't work. You have to watch the games.

Kobe's true competitors to me are the likes of MJ, McGrady, D-Wade, Lebron, Vincanity; big physical, high scoring guards who can kill you many different ways. Curry's a featherweight compared to these guys.

It is your last point, that he is a featherweight, that makes his regular season this past season, all the more remarkable really. He's the smallest guy on the court, putting up the biggest numbers.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

It is your last point, that he is a featherweight, that makes his regular season this past season, all the more remarkable really. He's the smallest guy on the court, putting up the biggest numbers.

This era is interesting. They seem to call flagrant fouls on things that weren't called before. I always felt if a little guy was on fire, you funnel him to the lane and have your big drop him, a la Shaq to Tony Parker. But since the game is less physical and more protective to players, that'll rarely happen.

I'll give Curry this: he's a GREAT 3 point shooter. And the fact that he can take so many with such accuracy is amazing.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
epak wrote:

Off the top of my head, I honestly don't even remember the number of mvp's magic, bird, or kareem has, but I know how many rings they won

I think most people are the same way, at the end if the day, thats what people remember

I find what people remember is highly dependent on which players they followed -- and even then their memories about rings, awards, and stats can be pretty sketchy.

Ultimately, reputations seem to be largely based on stats, awards, and rings, though there isn't a specific formula or litmus test. As far as rings, it seems like there is a threshold of 3 rings to get into the GOAT discussion, but once you reach the threshold it is less important how many additional rings you won.

And, of course, there are a lot of folks who put Lebron and Wilt in the GOAT discussion, even though they only one 2 rings.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

This era is interesting. They seem to call flagrant fouls on things that weren't called before. I always felt if a little guy was on fire, you funnel him to the lane and have your big drop him, a la Shaq to Tony Parker. But since the game is less physical and more protective to players, that'll rarely happen.

I'll give Curry this: he's a GREAT 3 point shooter. And the fact that he can take so many with such accuracy is amazing.

Shaq to Tony parker, step it up a notch, Bynum to JJ Barea!
Yeah I like Kobe too, MJ/Kareem/Magic then Wilt/Kobe/LeBron/Shaq/Duncan/old school legends then Hakeem/Bird/OSL then Curry/KG/Dirk level
Curry is the greatest 3pt shooters ever, can drive to the basket too but he's still a puppy in the doggy GOAT world
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Yeah, he's shooting the lights out from the perimeter, primarily the three point line. Insane percentages, lets just leave it at that. To me, the next MJ or Kobe should be reserved for another type of player.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Yeah, he's shooting the lights out from the perimeter, primarily the three point line. Insane percentages, lets just leave it at that. To me, the next MJ or Kobe should be reserved for another type of player.

Yup. He's only 27, long way to go still before he reaches legend status.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject:

ringThingDoUrThiNg wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
KBH wrote:
JJin77 wrote:

so, here's suggestion:

Yes, and that is exactly my point. There was absolutely no need for him to be super defensive when I teased him right after Kobe's 81 pt game saying his career high is greater than MJ's career high. You see what I mean?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Lols
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 21 of 26
Jump to: