Romeo Miller Hints DeRozan is headed to LA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DzLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Derozan is the least best All-star SG.

Sure I would like him here, but I wouldn't expect him to carry us into the Playoffs. He's like an Eddie Jones type who can get a couple All-star appearances under his belt before turning into solid role player.

Yup, I kept thinking it was Eddie Jones out there in a Raptors uni. They are so freaking similar it is remarkable. Lanky rangy guards who play defense, are good at attacking the rim and have no 3 point shot.

Eddie was one of my favorite lakers, I was very disappointed when we swapped him out for that no defense playing Glenn Rice. But that lack of a 3 point shot did him in. And it is the biggest knock on DD's game.

Bingo. Not comparing styles (as jones was a good defender) but similar career arcs.

This comparison is ridiculous. Eddie Jones was a career 37% 3 point shooter. That's decent. He was hitting at a 39% rate when the Lakers traded him.

Derozan is a 28% 3 point shooter. There's no comparison.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject:

DzLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Sure I would like him here, but I wouldn't expect him to carry us into the Playoffs. He's like an Eddie Jones type who can get a couple All-star appearances under his belt before turning into solid role player.

Yup, I kept thinking it was Eddie Jones out there in a Raptors uni. They are so freaking similar it is remarkable. Lanky rangy guards who play defense, are good at attacking the rim and have no 3 point shot.

Eddie was one of my favorite lakers, I was very disappointed when we swapped him out for that no defense playing Glenn Rice. But that lack of a 3 point shot did him in. And it is the biggest knock on DD's game.

Bingo. Not comparing styles (as jones was a good defender) but similar career arcs.

This comparison is ridiculous. Eddie Jones was a career 37% 3 point shooter. That's decent. He was hitting at a 39% rate when the Lakers traded him.

Would help to take a moment to read my post. Not a playing style comparison. Sigh.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject:

DzLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Right, because 3 point shooting percentage is the most important stat in the world. That you Byron?
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Wait, what? Eddie was a much better shooter than DeRozan is.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
DzLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Right, because 3 point shooting percentage is the most important stat in the world. That you Byron?

What you rather he base it on, unicorn farts? The percentages just confirm what the eye test tells you - that Eddie was a much better 3 point shooter than DRoz.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject:

How about points, assists, rebounds? You know, more parts of the game of basketball.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject:

This is like saying you wouldn't sleep with the least best supermodel. Come on now...
DzLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
DzLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Way to knock down strawmen! Bravo!

I'm sure even you could see, heck a blind man could see, that they are not close to equal in that particular skill set, right?
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Derozan is a solid NBA player but in this age...3 pt shooting is paramount especially from a starting guard position. Derozan is not exactly a defensive stalwart either.
point-guard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject:

its actually not that hard to improve you range if you already have a decent stroke fundamentally
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:22 am    Post subject:

point-guard wrote:
its actually not that hard to improve you range if you already have a decent stroke fundamentally

Interested in why he hasn't after all these seasons he's had already.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject:

Man, I can't wait for this to be locked in a month. We're arguing over a player that won't even come here.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
Man, I can't wait for this to be locked in a month. We're arguing over a player that won't even come here.

What happens if he does come here?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

There's almost no chance. Masai has made DeRozan the first priority.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:30 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:

you know in a month, we gonna have threads for Droz, Whiteside, Hortford, KD, Bazemore, Biyombo, bla bla bla, get ready to type
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

Alas, that's what free agency is about. No one knows how it will end up. he could stay, he could very well come here. I don't understand those who argue with such certainty about this.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

Alas, that's what free agency is about. No one knows how it will end up. he could stay, he could very well come here. I don't understand those who argue with such certainty about this.

http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/05/31/toronto-raptors-re-signing-demar-derozan-top-priority-masai-ujiri

They are all on the same page. They want to go for it again next year.

“Our No. 1 goal is to bring DeMar back here,” Ujiri said via ESPN. “We feel great that he wants to come back to our organization. I spoke to him [Sunday], and his eyes were still red. You could tell. He said he felt empty the next day, which was telling.

“Speaking to him and Kyle [Lowry], they almost felt like we had a game to play still, and that game is not there. There’s that hunger, and you like that, and then now, it’s my part to figure it out.”

I think DeRozan has been adamant about staying in Toronto ever since Bosh left, and Masai has a really good relationship with him (and Biz). It would be pretty uncharacteristic of him to leave a team that's guaranteed to contend in the east again. I believe he will retire a Raptor.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/05/31/toronto-raptors-re-signing-demar-derozan-top-priority-masai-ujiri

“Our No. 1 goal is to bring DeMar back here,” Ujiri said via ESPN. “We feel great that he wants to come back to our organization. I spoke to him [Sunday], and his eyes were still red. You could tell. He said he felt empty the next day, which was telling.

“Speaking to him and Kyle [Lowry], they almost felt like we had a game to play still, and that game is not there. There’s that hunger, and you like that, and then now, it’s my part to figure it out.”

I think DeRozan has been adamant about staying in Toronto ever since Bosh left, and Masai has a really good relationship with him (and Biz). It would be pretty uncharacteristic of him to leave a team that's guaranteed to contend in the east again. I believe he will retire a Raptor.

I've seen enough free agencies to know what is said 1 month before FA is just hot air. He may stay, but I certainly wouldn't bank on it without him approaching a number of teams that would offer him a max.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

That's what Mitch, Riley and Portland gm said. They have no control over what the Ufa does
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

I've seen enough free agencies to know what is said 1 month before FA is just hot air. He may stay, but I certainly wouldn't bank on it without him approaching a number of teams that would offer him a max.

If the reports of the Lakers not being high on him are true, I'm guessing he'll resign with Toronto fairly early. We'll see.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject:

Well, Ding was ironically one of the first to "report" in the Fall/Winter that the Lakers would be likely to offer a max to DRoz.

Now he's "reporting" that the Lakers aren't interested.

I'd say it's the fog of free agency.

Everyone in the Raptors organization is still on their highs re: ECF appearance. Give it a month and sober thought as he's signing away 5 years of his life. it's worth considering all angles and suitors.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Well, Ding was ironically one of the first to "report" in the Fall/Winter that the Lakers would be likely to offer a max to DRoz.

Everyone in the Raptors organization is still on their highs re: ECF appearance. Give it a month and sober thought as he's signing away 5 years of his life. it's worth considering all angles and suitors.

Maybe it's possible the Lakers had a change of opinion?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Of course it is. But my point stands. Ding has now "reported" both ways, and knowing how airtight the Lakers FO is (i.e. no one knew that the Lakers had a performance incentive that became a team option), I'd say let's just wait until July to definitively conclude anything.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Of course it is. But my point stands. Ding has now "reported" both ways, and knowing how airtight the Lakers FO is (i.e. no one knew that the Lakers had a performance incentive that became a team option), I'd say let's just wait until July to definitively conclude anything.

Nothing is set in stone at this point and we'll obviously have to wait, but the air is starting to clear a bit on what both parties will do. In the meantime, it's probably best for me to avoid this thread.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/4pMX5rJ4PYAEM/giphy.gif
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Nothing is set in stone at this point and we'll obviously have to wait, but the air is starting to clear a bit on what both parties will do. In the meantime, it's probably best for me to avoid this thread.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/4pMX5rJ4PYAEM/giphy.gif

There's really little to discuss until free agency.

I just take these rumors of "Player X is guaranteed to go here..." with a grain of salt. 1 more month.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29
Jump to: