Crazy Wishful Thinking

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Crazy Wishful Thinking

If the Cavs lose, what are the chances Lebron and Durant team up with the Lakers? Lakers can approach both to sign together with the promise to do a sign and trade during the off season for a big man or pursue a trade in mid-December when restrictions fall off.

Offseason sign and trade: Targets would be Ezeli, Biyombo, or Mahinmi. Maybe Noah if its not too Hollywood for him and will take a paycut. Lakers best offer would be Lou Williams but can also offer Russell, Randle, Young, Nance, Brown.

In season trade mid-December: Lakers can trade a mix of Russell, Randle, Williams, Young, Nance, Brown, and player selected with 2nd pick (let's say Ingram). Presumably we resign Clarkson as well and his restrictions come off in mid-December. Would a package of Ingram, Randle, Williams be enough to get Cousins?
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject:

I keep saying this and I know I sound like a Laker Homer, but I think if eLBJ gets swept or loses in 5, maybe he makes a call to KD and says, look the only way to beat GSW is on the same team. Knicks or Lakers is the coinflip, and the amount of ring chasers that would become available would make rounding out the open slots much easier.

Then, in an attempt to get right for the CP3 trade, at the orders of Adam Silver, New Orleans hits the reset button and ships us AD for #2 and/or Randle +Lou + Nick

D'Lo
Clarkson
KD
Lebronze
A.Davis

Or find the right trade for Noel or WCS. If KD and LeBron were to join forces, they could make any team a contender...adding any one of AD/Biyombo/DMC/WCS/Noel to their squad would make them favorites to meet the GSW in the Finals (conference or Finals depending on where they go).

No reason it can't be in La La Land...plenty of spotlight to go around (despite what Kobe and Shaq would have had you believe)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: