Rumor: Sacramento Interested in Randle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:31 am    Post subject:

As talented as Cousins is, It would be a "Risk" bringing him onto the Lakers. His attitude is not that of a "winner", but more of a "whiner". Julius is in a position to be proven and should be given a chance. Barring injury, his trade status will be high in this league especially if he has a break out season. For the NBA, he's one certified defensive Big away from dominating. Someone needs to relieve the pressure off of him from the inside. Because with his skills at some point their going to always send double teams his way...

I think Ingram will help his game a lot because he will spread the floor more and also help as that weak side shot blocker.

I'm good on the Kings Offer. I say we take our chances with our young guys, our draft pics and free agency and go from there.

Russell
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle
Whiteside (long shot but Possible)

That's a young team, but I say we roll with it, maybe at a Vet Starter at that 3 spot to give more "Punch" to the starting 5, but Randle and Clarkson are 3 year players now!
point-guard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Too bad for them because Randle is laker for life.

We'll see. I just see our young pups like little sea turtles scurrying out to the sea. Not all will make it.

The crazy thing is that Jules is now entering his 3rd season. It's a big year for him to show he's worthy of an extension.

but other team's young pups are guaranteed to turn into sharks right? LG has this thing where any young player who is not on our team (whether coming into the draft or on another team) is gold and ours are fool's gold. So we tend to ignore the warts in other team's players.

Jules is technically entering his 3rd season, but in reality it is his second. Mitch knows that. His extension, Clarkson's RFA, and Russell's extension are literally the least of our worries. They are all pretty well cost controlled, and even if we paid them their full they would be easily tradeable with the CBA going up. See Harris, Tobias.

Every time someone wanted to acquire a young guy from an opposing team all we'd hear is you're never going to get them because they can just extend them and trade them later. And that logic is true. So why should we be worried about extending any our young guys? If they play well, pay them. If they don't play well you won't have to pay them as much. It's simple

Of course they're not. But we need to temper our expectations. I'd rather be surprised than disappointed.

I find that opposite of the bolded is true here.

I only bring up Jules' extension b/c losing that 1 year sucked in the evaluative sense. We basically get 4 years to evaluate a player and we lost 1 to injury. So Jules is trying to make up for some lost ground.

yinomes we STILL have people trying to trade for Okafor for crying out loud

Oh that's a small but vocal crowd here. It's the Midas effect, that somehow anything that puts on the purple/gold become great. Sure, some do, but not everyone becomes a star.

It's amplified b/c we usually don't have high draft picks so fans are more devoted to the young players than we would be in the past. (Anyone a vehement Brian Cook fan back in the day?).

this. every young player thread is pretty much

dlo - the next best shooting pg other than curry
randle - green with better handles
ingram - KD with better D
simmons - greek freak with better playmaking
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
Kings Open To Trading DeMarcus Cousins For No. 2 Pick, Julius Randle
[url=http://www.morningnewsusa.com/lakers-rumors-trade-demarcus-cousins-2381392.html][/url]

I would try to push a Randle, Young, Williams and the 2nd Rd pick (not 2nd pick) for Cousins.

Otherwise I just stick with the plan and go after Hassan Whiteside.

I like Julius but... he's a below the rim player, struggles getting shots off of taller players, terrible shot blocker, below average passer and is not a threat (so far) from the 3pt line.

He is young, strong, good rebounder and has some handles.

If he is the key piece in acquiring potentially a top 3 Center... the Lakers would have to lose their minds not to trade him.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
http://www.morningnewsusa.com/lakers-rumors-trade-demarcus-cousins-2381392.html

Trade Randle and the #2 pick for the arguably the best center in the league? I'd miss Randle and the fun of watching the young draft pick develop, but you'd have to do that trade. It's very rare to get a chance at a player on Cousins level and it would give us our best chance at getting other top players.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
http://www.morningnewsusa.com/lakers-rumors-trade-demarcus-cousins-2381392.html

Trade Randle and the #2 pick for the arguably the best center in the league? I'd miss Randle and the fun of watching the young draft pick develop, but you'd have to do that trade. It's very rare to get a chance at a player on Cousins level and it would give us our best chance at getting other top players.

Yes PLEASE!! Mitch should try to convince them to throw in the #8 pick for JC
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: