NBA Finals---Who you got?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

NBA Finals---Who you got?
Warriors
83%
 83%  [ 54 ]
Cavs
16%
 16%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 65

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
90% of the fans here will be disappointed if the Cavs manage to do the unthinkable and win it all.

Cleveland is probably our biggest rival that we never actually played a meaningful game against.

Some LGers hate 'em because they believe Gilbert sabotaged the Chris Paul deal. Some LGers hate 'em because they feel Lebron has gotten too much praise compared to Kobe.

Rest assured that if the Cavs to the unexpected and win the series, this board will be filled with threads saying it was the result of a conspiracy or give other elaborate explanations for why it doesn't count
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
and I just don't care whether (and to what extent) LeBron supplants Kobe in the pantheon of all time greats. I know many in this community don't share that indifference.

Your agenda here indicates that this is false. You can preach "indifference" to your heart's content, but that description doesn't match the volume of angry posts on the matter.

Quote:
On this issue, I just don't care. I've never once attempted to conceal my dissatisfaction with how the past 12 years have unfolded. The fact that this perspective unhinges C M B, s/he of the unrequited Kobe love similar to that seen below, is really of little consequence to me.

Hilarious vid, but, again, your pledge of apathy gets drowned out by all of the acrimony in the dozens and dozens of posts on a subject about which you supposedly don't care.

Just embrace your favorite player. If it's LeBron, fantastic, he's a great player, you should enjoy it. But please don't try to pull wool. That's (bleep), tbh fam
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
the association wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
the association wrote:
I'd definitely rather see Cleveland prevail,

Why the hell would you want that?

He's a huge LeBron fan. YUGE.

I'm rooting for the Cavs because norcal Warriors "fans" in the family have been unbearable for the past year.. They finally get to puff out their chests at the Lakers' expense, and I'm tired of it. But there's no reason to believe that the team that's 85-15 would lose 4 out of 7 games to the Cavs.

This guy / gal already ...

I don't own any LeBron, Cleveland or Miami apparel or collectibles. I don't spend any time at any LeBron, Cleveland or Miami fan sites. I didn't grow-up in Akron or anywhere else in Ohio, nor do spend any time there. I don't (bleep) his name on every thread I can find like a spastic child. No, I'd characterize myself as a passive fan of an athlete considered by most to be a Top 10 all time great. However, have a ball mischaracterizing anyway ...

Hey, there he is!

I don't think you really believe fandom requires any sort of geographic connection. In your case, it's more of a favoritism born from your resentment for a certain Laker, god knows why. And "passive" isn't exactly the word I'd use to describe such a serial devotion to running just any ol' bull (bleep) to express your rage. Here's where any reasonable claim to passivity died:

GoldenThroat wrote:
the association wrote:
One of the key differences in a Steph Curry scoring blitzkrieg is his team usually wins the game in the process ...

Laker Record When Kobe Scored 40+

Regular Season......83-40 (.675)
Playoffs.................10-3 (.769)

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=6783666

RIP

It's alright, though. You fit right in. People do that all the time here: propagate some egregiously biased, fanboy crap under the guise of "passive" objectivity. Nobody falls for it, nobody will.

Quote:
But seriously, are you going to regale us with the tale of how you tried out for Billy Martin as a 25-year-old or what?

Oh man, you went through my posts to dig for some dirt, didn't you? How very..."passive" of you. Actually, if you're curious, I did an informal walk-on with a buddy who didn't make the team but did end up playing for UCI. I was 20 and attempting transfer. We were both told that we "might have a shot" by a couple of the seniors, and to come back in the spring for an official workout with their "recruiter and a coach", though I doubt that my name made it off of that court, so I wasn't so much as a fart in the breeze to coach Martin. My ranking meeting the next week went well, I shat the bed in an open tourney a couple of weeks after that, and I never followed through. Years passed, I got better, and finally enrolled. I crashed the courts after practice and did some drills and a set with some of the team. Made an impression, and after revealing my age, eligibility issues discouraged me taking it any further, and that was that.

Thanks for opening up that old wound. Anyway, what's this got to do with LeBron?

... across the board. Seriously. Your hypocrisy is truly Grade AAA. But for the record (and setting aside the intellectual torpescence of isolating a player's total points in a game and then associating those full-game performances with a team's W - L record, which wasn't even the point you've so gleefully conflated while commandeering GT's sidecar), I believe the overall winning %age for Kobe, LeBron and Steph when scoring (the arbitrary) 40 points in a game, respectively, is directly below:

Kobe: 68.1%
LeBron: 75.7%
Steph: 80.8%

But fret not; many other individuals who chimed in with oh-so-clever quips also completely missed the point. But I learned yesterday (again) that a lot of folks who share your worldview don't care much for accuracy anyway, so no harm, no foul. The End ...
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
and I just don't care whether (and to what extent) LeBron supplants Kobe in the pantheon of all time greats. I know many in this community don't share that indifference.

Your agenda here indicates that this is false. You can preach "indifference" to your heart's content, but that description doesn't match the volume of angry posts on the matter.

Quote:
On this issue, I just don't care. I've never once attempted to conceal my dissatisfaction with how the past 12 years have unfolded. The fact that this perspective unhinges C M B, s/he of the unrequited Kobe love similar to that seen below, is really of little consequence to me.

Hilarious vid, but, again, your pledge of apathy gets drowned out by all of the acrimony in the dozens and dozens of posts on a subject about which you supposedly don't care.

Just embrace your favorite player. If it's LeBron, fantastic, he's a great player, you should enjoy it. But please don't try to pull wool. That's (bleep), tbh fam

It is a hilarious video, but alas, the actor is just that ...

You're already aware that Kawhi is my favorite player ... why must we play these games over and over again? The apathy doesn't relate to my feelings in this particular matter, it has to do with my regard for yours and those who share your worldview. And especially your self-appointed police explorer role here in this community ...

How do you have time to take the black with a medical practice? Let it go already, person ...
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
the association wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
the association wrote:

I'm rooting for the Cavs because norcal Warriors "fans" in the family have been unbearable for the past year.. They finally get to puff out their chests at the Lakers' expense, and I'm tired of it. But there's no reason to believe that the team that's 85-15 would lose 4 out of 7 games to the Cavs.

I don't own any LeBron, Cleveland or Miami apparel or collectibles. I don't spend any time at any LeBron, Cleveland or Miami fan sites. I didn't grow-up in Akron or anywhere else in Ohio, nor do spend any time there. I don't (bleep) his name on every thread I can find like a spastic child. No, I'd characterize myself as a passive fan of an athlete considered by most to be a Top 10 all time great. However, have a ball mischaracterizing anyway ...

Hey, there he is!

I don't think you really believe fandom requires any sort of geographic connection. In your case, it's more of a favoritism born from your resentment for a certain Laker, god knows why. And "passive" isn't exactly the word I'd use to describe such a serial devotion to running just any ol' bull (bleep) to express your rage. Here's where any reasonable claim to passivity died:

GoldenThroat wrote:
the association wrote:
One of the key differences in a Steph Curry scoring blitzkrieg is his team usually wins the game in the process ...

RIP

It's alright, though. You fit right in. People do that all the time here: propagate some egregiously biased, fanboy crap under the guise of "passive" objectivity. Nobody falls for it, nobody will.

Quote:
But seriously, are you going to regale us with the tale of how you tried out for Billy Martin as a 25-year-old or what?

Oh man, you went through my posts to dig for some dirt, didn't you? How very..."passive" of you. Actually, if you're curious, I did an informal walk-on with a buddy who didn't make the team but did end up playing for UCI. I was 20 and attempting transfer. We were both told that we "might have a shot" by a couple of the seniors, and to come back in the spring for an official workout with their "recruiter and a coach", though I doubt that my name made it off of that court, so I wasn't so much as a fart in the breeze to coach Martin. My ranking meeting the next week went well, I shat the bed in an open tourney a couple of weeks after that, and I never followed through. Years passed, I got better, and finally enrolled. I crashed the courts after practice and did some drills and a set with some of the team. Made an impression, and after revealing my age, eligibility issues discouraged me taking it any further, and that was that.

Thanks for opening up that old wound. Anyway, what's this got to do with LeBron?

... across the board. Seriously. Your hypocrisy is truly Grade AAA. But for the record (and setting aside the intellectual torpescence of isolating a player's total points in a game and then associating those full-game performances with a team's W - L record, which wasn't even the point you've so gleefully conflated while commandeering GT's sidecar), I believe the overall winning %age for Kobe, LeBron and Steph when scoring (the arbitrary) 40 points in a game, respectively, is directly below:

But fret not; many other individuals who chimed in with oh-so-clever quips also completely missed the point. But I learned yesterday (again) that a lot of folks who share your worldview don't care much for accuracy anyway, so no harm, no foul. The End ...

Unfortunately, friend, there's no way to squirm out of this. You implied that Kobe "usually" lost when scoring huge. 40 was selected because Curry had just scored 40, and that was the direct reference for the discussion. You played yourself.

We all (bleep) up sometimes.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
the association wrote:

Quote:

It is a hilarious video, but alas, the actor is just that ...

You're already aware that Kawhi is my favorite player ... why must we play these games over and over again? The apathy doesn't relate to my feelings in this particular matter, it has to do with my regard for yours and those who share your worldview. And especially your self-appointed police explorer role here in this community ...

How do you have time to take the black with a medical practice? Let it go already, person ...

I always make time for entertainment. Hey, you sure are interested in my personal life!

What else would you like to know?
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
the association wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
the association wrote:

Hey, there he is!

GoldenThroat wrote:
the association wrote:

RIP

Quote:

Unfortunately, friend, there's no way to squirm out of this. You implied that Kobe "usually" lost when scoring huge. 40 was selected because Curry had just scored 40, and that was the direct reference for the discussion. You played yourself.

1. When did I mention Kobe's name before, after or within my comment(s) during that particular discussion? Alternatively, when did I cite or quote anyone else who had mentioned Kobe's name? And when did I mention 40 points?

2. Though your efforts to distort the facts (what a remarkable surprise!) don't really warrant a reply / reaction of any kind, I'll indulge you briefly before I step out to lunch ... my comment was in immediate response to Steph scoring 17 points in OT, in a successful effort to "take over" a game and lead the Warriors to a win. No matter how hard YOU try to spin my intent in posting that comment, my point very clearly had to do with an intragame scoring blitzkrieg of 17 points in OT, which had never been done before. That "small window" scoring binge also has nothing - absolutely nothing - to do with another player hitting an arbitrary scoring threshold of 40 points across an ENTIRE game. (Example) 40 points on 27 FGA distributed across an entire game, I have nothing to complain about. But 13 FGA in the 4Q, leading to system dysfunction and a loss (regardless of the player's point total), I'll call B.S. every time. If that distinction escapes you, that's your fish to fry.

FFS, I hope we're good now ...

Last edited by the association on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

68 percent?

Not bad.

!...
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
the association wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
the association wrote:

Hey, there he is!

GoldenThroat wrote:
the association wrote:

RIP

Quote:

truth be told, ive never had a run in with you on this board, but your negativity towards a certain laker and bias towards lebron is pretty clear. It is what it is though... sports fandom allows for it.

as for the stat above, i'd say a large portion off that 32% loss on kobe's record is prob from 05-07 when that lakers team was pretty awful.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
the association wrote:

truth be told, ive never had a run in with you on this board, but your negativity towards a certain laker and bias towards lebron is pretty clear. It is what it is though... sports fandom allows for it.

as for the stat above, i'd say a large portion off that 32% loss on kobe's record is prob from 05-07 when that lakers team was pretty awful.

I'll agree with you re: the existence of negativity, though I don't think the depth of negativity toward a certain Laker (I like the Voldemort vibe, incidentally) and the bias in favor of LeBron is anywhere near as extensive as portrayed by some. I've never concealed my views, and I think both of these particular views are very, very defensible considering a large %age of the broader basketball universe is substantially in accord.

But I definitely appreciate your levelheadedness in sharing your view ...

As for the 32% figure being dragged up by the 2005 - 2007 period ... the exact same is true for LeBron from 2004 - 2009, though, right? Steph might not be able to lean on that excuse, though ... but ultimately, it's an arbitrary stat anyway. It's like the 50 win opponent issue in the playoffs, when nobody wants to go anywhere near that analysis when 60 wins is substituted for 50 wins. People choose what they want to see too often, myself included ... confirmation bias spares none of us.

Regardless, Kobe and LeBron are both all-time greats, and Steph sure seems on his way to getting into that broad discussion in the next 5 - 10 years if he keeps this level of production for the foreseeable future ...

Last edited by the association on Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Warriors in 6. (bleep) Dan Gilbert!!

Exactly. Saw him in that 30 For 30 about Cleveland sports woes called Believeland. POS didn't bring up how he cried about the Lakers making a trade when he had Darth Stern and all the other owners present.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
the association wrote:
the association wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
the association wrote:

Hey, there he is!

GoldenThroat wrote:
the association wrote:

RIP

Quote:

1. When did I mention Kobe's name before, after or within my comment(s) during that particular discussion? Alternatively, when did I cite or quote anyone else who had mentioned Kobe's name? And when did I mention 40 points?

2. Though your efforts to distort the facts (what a remarkable surprise!) don't really warrant a reply / reaction of any kind, I'll indulge you briefly before I step out to lunch ... my comment was in immediate response to Steph scoring 17 points in OT, in a successful effort to "take over" a game and lead the Warriors to a win. No matter how hard YOU try to spin my intent in posting that comment, my point very clearly had to do with an intragame scoring blitzkrieg of 17 points in OT, which had never been done before. That "small window" scoring binge also has nothing - absolutely nothing - to do with another player hitting an arbitrary scoring threshold of 40 points across an ENTIRE game. (Example) 40 points on 27 FGA distributed across an entire game, I have nothing to complain about. But 13 FGA in the 4Q, leading to system dysfunction and a loss (regardless of the player's point total), I'll call B.S. every time. If that distinction escapes you, that's your fish to fry.

FFS, I hope we're good now ...

Nope, no way you can spin this into me distorting things. You are simply setting the bar too high and should move on, fam. You're angry, you're biased (which makes you just like most other fans, so be relieved), and this issue is closed. Let's be friends now?
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:13 am    Post subject:

Actually, if you're curious, I did an informal walk-on with a buddy who didn't make the team but did end up playing for UCI. I was 20 and attempting transfer. We were both told that we "might have a shot" by a couple of the seniors, and to come back in the spring for an official workout with their "recruiter and a coach", though I doubt that my name made it off of that court, so I wasn't so much as a fart in the breeze to coach Martin. My ranking meeting the next week went well, I shat the bed in an open tourney a couple of weeks after that, and I never followed through. Years passed, I got better, and finally enrolled. I crashed the courts after practice and did some drills and a set with some of the team. Made an impression, and after revealing my age, eligibility issues discouraged me taking it any further, and that was that.

Thanks for opening up that old wound.
Anyway, what's this got to do with LeBron?

Seems more like something to be proud of! My athletic "career" ended after my sophomore year of high school when all the other kids I'd been posting up since grade school started getting bigger than me. It wasn't fun when I wasn't the big kid anymore, so I bailed.

If I'd almost played for UCLA (right? Had to google Billy Martin) I'd never, ever shut up about it. Hell I still talk about my dominant 8th grade season at South Pas in the Rio Hondo league because I like to hear myself talk about it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
warriors in 5...

A win on Monday and I called it
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Luke wrote:
Remember that Cleveland will play 8 vs 5...

Watch Draymond's next kick earn him a suspension.

Absolutely. They saved his suspension for the Finals. It will take much less than a kick to have him lose one or more games...

This League is so predictable...
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
Remember that Cleveland will play 8 vs 5...

Easy prediction I knew from the beginning
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject:

lmao 73 wins

lmao Curry's behind the back2back pistol pete passes out of bounds with the game on the line

lmao Draymond Green with the Andrew Golota v. Bowe gameplan backfiring

lmao the Ohio river is going to be set on fire tonight but this time intentionally
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
90% of the fans here will be disappointed if the Cavs manage to do the unthinkable and win it all.

Cleveland is probably our biggest rival that we never actually played a meaningful game against.

Some LGers hate 'em because they believe Gilbert sabotaged the Chris Paul deal. Some LGers hate 'em because they feel Lebron has gotten too much praise compared to Kobe.

Rest assured that if the Cavs to the unexpected and win the series, this board will be filled with threads saying it was the result of a conspiracy or give other elaborate explanations for why it doesn't count

I'm not sure it's a conspiracy, but i think the court of public affairs was in full force. The Warriors have been running moving screens galore for the last 2 years, backed by the adoration of Curry. However the Cavs feel good story won out in the public, the refs then called out the (bleep) screens, the game had to be played straight up and we got the result the public wanted.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: NBA Finals---Who you got?

shnxx wrote:
Who will win?
And why?

I voted for the Cavs!

Why? They scored more points!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Cavs in 6

One of these days someone gonna beat the piss out of you
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:
Cavs will win, and I have an off the wall conspiracy theory behind my idea that has really absolutely nothing to do with basketball..

2 words... Donald Trump.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

Guess 82% of the respondents would've lost if they put real money on it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: