Basketball Podcast: I Heart Basketball (NEW Episode on Lonzo Ball)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject:

IPhilKobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
I haven't done a podcast in a year, and I miss it.

@ ArminNBA -- Check the above quote. Don't sleep on this guy. He's a wise man with knowledge up the kazoo and back. Seriously.

Definitely not sleeping on Mike! We will be doing some draft preview podcasts in the near future!
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

@ ArminNBA -- Check the above quote. Don't sleep on this guy. He's a wise man with knowledge up the kazoo and back. Seriously.

Definitely not sleeping on Mike! We will be doing some draft preview podcasts in the near future!

I am a subscriber now! Great content, thank you. Can not wait for a Mike [ at ] LG podcast before the draft!!!
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Hey everyone! I had a big time Lakers podcast last night with my incredibly knowledgable friend Max Fecske. We went very in-depth on Simmons v. Ingram, the possibility of trading the pick, and potential free agent acquisitions. It's a whole lot of Lakers! We finish up on the GSW vs OKC series for about 20 min and then we talk about how impressive the 2001 Lakers were for finishing 15-1 in the postseason.

Hope you guys enjoy it! Again, thanks so much for all the support LG!

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/iheartbasketball/episode-12-draft-lottery-reaction-lakers-talk-gsw-vs-okc-with-max-fecske

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-12-draft-lottery-reaction/id1089455559?i=1000368957111&mt=2
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject:

Hi everyone! I wanted to keep you updated on the latest episode since I haven't for the last couple and thought some of you may be interested in this one since we essentially solely discuss the epic Warriors/Thunder Game 6 and preview Game 7. Thanks for supporting and listening everyone!

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/iheartbasketball/episode-14-warriors-vs-thunder-with-dara-parsi

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-14-warriors-vs.-thunder/id1089455559?i=1000369632522&mt=2
rancar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject:

If this is a Lakers based podcast, cool! If not, please stop spamming it on this forum. Thank you!
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject:

rancar wrote:
If this is a Lakers based podcast, cool! If not, please stop spamming it on this forum. Thank you!

Hi Rancar! I got permission to post this by DancingBarry and other moderators. Been an LG member since 2008 and lurker for even longer. Definitely not a spammer but appreciate you looking out for LG.
rancar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
rancar wrote:

Hi Rancar! I got permission to post this by DancingBarry and other moderators. Been an LG member since 2008 and lurker for even longer. Definitely not a spammer but appreciate you looking out for LG.

I'm sorry if that sounded harsh. I've since been able to listen to a few episodes of your podcast. You need to talk more about the Lakers lol but I really enjoyed listening anyway.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject:

rancar wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
rancar wrote:

I'm sorry if that sounded harsh. I've since been able to listen to a few episodes of your podcast. You need to talk more about the Lakers lol but I really enjoyed listening anyway.

No worries! I really do appreciate you looking out for LG. Thanks for listening! I would love to talk Lakers as much as possible, but unfortunately not being in the playoffs stifles my ability to talk Lakers all the time. However, of the 17 episodes, we've done an episode on the Showtime Lakers, an entire episode dedicated to the current state of the Lakers, and a Lottery reaction podcast that was wholly focused on the Lakers.

Right now, obviously it's all Finals talk with a preview and reactions to both Games 1 and 2. I'm hoping to set something up with Mike soon to talk draft prospects with a focus on the Lakers draft selections.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Hey everyone! In the most recent episode, Episode 18 - NBA Finals Game 4 Reaction Podcast, we discuss something that I thought Laker fans would enjoy.

From 19:43 - 34:40, we discuss Lebron's tentativeness as a scorer and how he plays to protect his FG%, which sometimes bogs down the Cavs offense and makes him and the offense more predictable to defend. We contrast that with the way Kobe played in his prime utilizing a full repertoire and we use the Spread% and Range% statistics that were written about for the Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, which illustrated how Kobe operated with a diversified shot selection rather than concentrated spots on the floor.

Anyway, check out the podcast to get the complete discussion!

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/i-heart-basketball/id1089455559

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/iheartbasketball/episode-18-nba-finals-game-4-reaction-with-dara-parsi
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

We finally got the podcast done with Mike [AT] LG! Mike did an AWESOME NBA Draft preview. It's a must listen for any LGer. We talk Lakers for a good 25 minutes in the middle of the pod and then finish off with about 10 minutes of more Lakers talk.

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/i-heart-basketball/id1089455559

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/iheartbasketball/episode-20-nba-draft-preview-with-mike-garcia
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject:

Hi everyone! The Lakers are off to a solid start, which is exciting! If you saw my off-season posts, you would know I was optimistic about this team, but certainly not this prescient.

Last night, it was very exciting to be joined by Associate Editor-in-Chief at Silver Screen & Roll and Co-Host of the Locked on Lakers podcast, Harrison Faigen.

We tried to answer the question, "Are the Lakers good?" We go into the Lakers successful start to the season, whether or not the Lakers can sustain this level of play, early-season surprises and disappointments, the particularly inclusive rotations, and how the Lakers project long-term against other young teams like the Minnesota Timberwolves and Philadelphia 76ers.

Hope you guys could give this a listen and let me know what you think! Love you, LG!

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/iheartbasketball/episode-29-are-the-lakers-good-with-harrison-faigen

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/i-heart-basketball/id1089455559?mt=2#episodeGuid=tag%3Asoundcloud%2C2010%3Atracks%2F292346731
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject:

Awesome! I'm not in a place where I can listen right now, but it's in the queue.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Awesome! I'm not in a place where I can listen right now, but it's in the queue.

Thanks GT! I'd LOVE to have you on sometime as well, although I know you are super busy.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Thanks GT! I'd LOVE to have you on sometime as well, although I know you are super busy.

It's not even like that, man. Lmk what you need and I'll be there.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

It's not even like that, man. Lmk what you need and I'll be there.

Love it! I'll PM you soon.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject:

Hey LG! It's been a while since I've posted one of my podcasts here. I typically don't since The Lounge is exclusively Lakers talk and my podcast covers all of the NBA - plus we got GT doing the best Lakers content in the world.

However, the most recent episode focused on Lonzo Ball and I thought I'd share since my guest is not a Balliever so he brought a fairly different perspective on Lonzo. We ended up having a pretty intense (and fun) discussion on our positions on Lonzo Ball's potential. Anyway, hope y'all enjoy!

SoundCloud Link

iTunes Link
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
there he goes.. So Mike...Do you now see what I was telling you about ball? or do you need to wait and see? and this is still with his 3 ball being terrible at the moment.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
there he goes.. So Mike...Do you now see what I was telling you about ball? or do you need to wait and see? and this is still with his 3 ball being terrible at the moment.

What were you saying about Ball?
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Do it.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I will check this pod out!
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Which part? Against Philly, he showed HS Lonzo, which is the guy I wanted to see all year at UCLA. He found more creative ways to get to the hoop, and while I'd question they aren't typical/classic NBA ways in the halfcourt, I wouldn't argue its' effectiveness.

It's not like he's shooting 73% 2point and 40% behind the arc. If he showed this much added aggression throughout UCLA, I arguably would have had him #1. He only showed spurts like this for 4 minutes at a time, not a 20 point spurt in 10 minutes. Huge difference there.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Which part? Against Philly, he showed HS Lonzo, which is the guy I wanted to see all year at UCLA. He found more creative ways to get to the hoop, and while I'd question they aren't typical/classic NBA ways in the halfcourt, I wouldn't argue its' effectiveness.

It's not like he's shooting 73% 2point and 40% behind the arc. If he showed this much added aggression throughout UCLA, I arguably would have had him #1. He only showed spurts like this for 4 minutes at a time, not a 20 point spurt in 10 minutes. Huge difference there.

Lonzo has to maintain this type of aggression in order to become the player he is expected to become. We don't have the talent or personnel for Zo to be too laid back. When he is "locked in" he is a game-changer.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Lonzo has to maintain this type of aggression in order to become the player he is expected to become. We don't have the talent or personnel for Zo to be too laid back. When he is "locked in" he is a game-changer.

To me that's the biggest difference. I never felt he was really a 30 point guy at any point at UCLA because there wasn't a sustained effort to score throughout the game.

LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

He also had so many shooters around him that he didn't need to be. I think Lonzo adjusts his mentality depending on the personnel around him. That is a true PG. I do like him to be aggressive though because he is just so effective at it.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
He also had so many shooters around him that he didn't need to be. I think Lonzo adjusts his mentality depending on the personnel around him. That is a true PG. I do like him to be aggressive though because he is just so effective at it.

I disagree. Offense still sputters and it showed against Oregon, Arizona, USC. They needed Ball to be a lot more aggressive attacking the hoop, not a guy necessarily taking step back jumpshots or continuously facilitating to teammates that already had opportunities.

This is why UCLA's best guard lineup had Aaron Holiday and Ball, not Alford and Ball. Holiday relieved that pressure.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: