Prediction: Lakers will Draft Brandon Ingram
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject:

Simmons reminds me of a mix between Josh Smith and Lamar Odom but slightly better. I think he'll be a really good player but Ingram has the potential to be a great player. I hope we get Ingram.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject:

Philly fans if the Sixers pass up Simmons: https://jordimorgan.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/torches.jpg
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
If we don't get Simmons or Ingram, it would suck big time. There is a huge drop off after those 2 guys.

Good chance we get no one.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Good chance we get no one.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

No, a coin toss is a coin toss. We did good with one and got Magic, let's see if we do well again.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Prediction: Lakers will Draft Brandon Ingram

Gellollo wrote:
I just realized something. I never watch NCAA basketball, like ever.

But two years ago, I tuned in to the NCAA finals game. Julius Randle was playing for Kentucky at the time. That was the only game I watched that year.

Last year, I happened to watch a random Ohio game led by D'Angelo Russell. Besides the UCI (my former school) vs. Louisville game, those were the only two games I watched that year.

Today I watched the Yale vs Duke game. Brandon Ingram is the star in Duke.

Will it happen a third time?

do you ever watch CNBC? what did they say?
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject:

Just as a reminder, we have a 44% chance of not even having a pick. Some of you guys are jinxing us hardcore.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject:

This thread should be merged with the draft thread. There's nothing new here.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Just as a reminder, we have a 44% chance of not even having a pick. Some of you guys are jinxing us hardcore.

There is great confusion here at LG, and among the fanbase as a whole, who think we're getting a pick but simply jockeying for position.

We have no pick this year. We'll get one only if pure luck is in our favor. That's how people need to think of it.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

There is great confusion here at LG, and among the fanbase as a whole, who think we're getting a pick but simply jockeying for position.

We have no pick this year. We'll get one only if pure luck is in our favor. That's how people need to think of it.

well... there's a lot of negative thinking about the lotto... put it this way, by finishing with the second worst record, we have better odds than all of the rest of the teams, minus one in Philly. At some point "you pays your money... you takes your chances"...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

well... there's a lot of negative thinking about the lotto... put it this way, by finishing with the second worst record, we have better odds than all of the rest of the teams, minus one in Philly. At some point "you pays your money... you takes your chances"...

Sure. And by buying a lottery ticket, I have better odds than all those who didn't buy one.

We still need to be realistic about our chances, and I'm sure many of us would have paid good money to bet an average Kobe Bryant shot attempt, in his prime, would go in. And that's the chance we have of having no top pick at all.

That's why I don't think it should be something we work towards. Now if we get it? Cool.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Sure. And by buying a lottery ticket, I have better odds than all those who didn't buy one.

We still need to be realistic about our chances, and I'm sure many of us would have paid good money to bet an average Kobe Bryant shot attempt, in his prime, would go in. And that's the chance we have of having no top pick at all.

That's why I don't think it should be something we work towards. Now if we get it? Cool.

no, I don't get it. I'm baffled. All you're doing is being a Negative Nelly. At this point, we're not working towards anything, we're already there! We are finishing second - worst. We're going to be playing the ping pong balls, nobody is banking on anything, but it's better to finish 2nd worst than 3rd worst and have more ping pong ball combinations. That's it.

1. 250 combinations, 25.0% chance of receiving the #1 pick
2. 199 combinations, 19.9% chance
3. 156 combinations, 15.6% chance

and the #2 pick:

1. 250 combinations, 21.5% chance of receiving the #2 pick
2. 199 combinations, 18.8% chance
3. 156 combinations, 15.7% chance
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

You're essentially buying more tickets than the next guy to give yourself a better chance. Look at it that way.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

no, I don't get it. I'm baffled. All you're doing is being a Negative Nelly. At this point, we're not working towards anything, we're already there! We are finishing second - worst. We're going to be playing the ping pong balls, nobody is banking on anything, but it's better to finish 2nd worst than 3rd worst and have more ping pong ball combinations. That's it.

and the #2 pick:

One combination will get the #1 pick, one will get #2 and one will get #3. Out of 1,000. That isn't odds, that is reality. We could have 999 combinations and not get #1.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

and the #2 pick:

One combination will get the #1 pick, one will get #2 and one will get #3. Out of 1,000. That isn't odds, that is reality. We could have 999 combinations and not get #1.

wow... I didn't realize this! We could not have ANY pick? Why wasn't I informed of this?
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

and the #2 pick:

wow... I didn't realize this! We could not have ANY pick? Why wasn't I informed of this?

Because he KNOWS THE ODDS.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

and the #2 pick:

well thank god he is here to correct the rest of us...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

and the #2 pick:

You do a pretty poor job of reading.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Magic, please introduce him to Fatburger.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: