Mitch on Cowherd
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Here's a link to the interview

https://youtu.be/7VVYjhJy7Bg

I actually found this interview interesting. I like how Mitch said that the goal isn't to add FAs just for the sake of tacking on a few extra wins. He wants to add guys that will complement the core and be a good fit for the team as a whole.

I think Chandler Parsons would be a great fit...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject:

KG24 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:

I actually found this interview interesting. I like how Mitch said that the goal isn't to add FAs just for the sake of tacking on a few extra wins. He wants to add guys that will complement the core and be a good fit for the team as a whole.

Yup. He and Horford are obvious fits. There's no doubt in my mind that the Lakers are going to shoot for KD, and I think Horford is high on their list as well. If they strike out on KD, it will be interesting to see which wing is next on their list. Derozan is the bigger name and flashier player, but Parsons is a better fit on both ends of the floor.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject:

KG24 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:

I like Parsons and Ariza (he would need to acquired via trade.) I think either one would be a good mentor for Ingram.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Seemed like a spineless interview. Cowherd spent the entire morning, prior to the Mitch interview, arguing a straw man that "all Lakers fans" think we're going to the playoffs after drafting Ingram. Nobody does. He then said we should have traded all of our picks.

I didn't hear the same tune while Mitch was on the line though. He's a gutless turd.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Seemed like a spineless interview. Cowherd spent the entire morning, prior to the Mitch interview, arguing a straw man that "all Lakers fans" think we're going to the playoffs after drafting Ingram. Nobody does. He then said we should have traded all of our picks.

I didn't hear the same tune while Mitch was on the line though. He's a gutless turd.

To be fair that most sports pundits. They talk all kinds of mess about players and GM's but once they're actually on the show they start sucking up.

*edit*

and the idea that the Lakers should be making the playoffs next year because of Ingram is almost entirely media driven. They set expectations entirely too high for our rookies. D'Lo had a good rookie season but the media acts as if he was a bust. Julius Randle also had a good first season, but again people in the media act as if he's a bust. They're going to do the same thing with Ingram if he doesn't hit the ground running.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

To be fair that most sports pundits. They talk all kinds of mess about players and GM's but once they're actually on the show they start sucking up.

*edit*

and the idea that the Lakers should be making the playoffs next year because of Ingram is almost entirely media driven. They set expectations entirely too high for our rookies. D'Lo had a good rookie season but the media acts as if he was a bust. Julius Randle also had a good first season, but again people in the media act as if he's a bust. They're going to do the same thing with Ingram if he doesn't hit the ground running.

Right, that's why I said "straw man" argument. He was acting as if the majority of Lakers fans think the Lakers are on the brink of a championship. Well this board is ALL Lakers fans and the general consensus is that we're positively optimistic about our young players, but accept we'll still not be a playoff team. No high expectations in Lakerland.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Ya'll want Chandler? He regressed a bit
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Sure, he regressed to a 41% 3 point shooting percentage.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Just drafted a small forward of the future. And if you can get Parsons for 15 mil per, sure, but paying a 3 point shooter 25 million is not a smart move. If you have to overpay, needs to be a Big.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

+10 wins from young guys maturing

Don't want to be debbie downer. But I'm not sure about that. We play in the Wild Wild West. Not the weakstern Conference.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Don't want to be debbie downer. But I'm not sure about that. We play in the Wild Wild West. Not the weakstern Conference.

He prefaced that with "I'm going to be optimistic."
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject:

OX1947 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Just drafted a small forward of the future. And if you can get Parsons for 15 mil per, sure, but paying a 3 point shooter 25 million is not a smart move. If you have to overpay, needs to be a Big.

I think we should pay BIg Money for both a Big and a SF.
Then, maybe get a backup guard for a better value.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:

This was a pretty good interview. Gave some insight that most interviews don't.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject:

OX1947 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I don't consider Ingram to be locked into a box of small forward role. Many people and scouts think he can be better utilized at the 2, I can see it. Parsons next to him and Dlo would be nice spacing and length for days.

Russell
Ingram
Parsons
Randle
Horford
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Those were Cowherd assumptions.

I think it's more like +5 likely, best case is +10

I have ideas on how to get this team to 42-45 wins
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

The first things out of Cowherd's mouth in this interview were completely pointless predictions of Ingram's statistical output, as though anyone could possible predict them and as if those predictions actually had some sort of value in a conversation with a GM. It was a pathetic way to start an interview with the head of an actual sports team. It was equally as helpful as the conversations I've had with my 10 year old nephew about the NBA and players.

I was embarrassed just watching this interview. Mitch should never lower himself to this guy's level again.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject:

I can understand the criticisms of the Cowherd interview with Mitch, but I respectfully disagree. Mitch provided some insights I typically don't see out of him.

Instead of the pat company line "we're in this to win" interview we get real talk from Mitch this time around. It's clear we're rebuilding. Developing the young core takes priority over a few more wins playing aging vets while promising youngsters ride the pine. I also found it refreshing to see a discussion from any member of the national press framing D'Angelo Russell as an integral part of the growth of this team, and pairing well with Ingram.

Contrast this with the hateful anti-Russell ESPN tantric circle jerk on draft night. If you want awful journalism, that's as bad as it gets.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
hfork75 wrote:
kristine is the only good part of the program

+1
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: