Official Predict the Lakers FA signings thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject:

I think the Lakers will think Horford but realize he's going to be way over 30 when the young core peeks. Think, KD but he'll stay in OKC. Think DeRozen bit he'll not move..

It'll be Whiteside or Byombo along with Parsons...Ingram will slide over to SG spot up shooter when starting...we'll see.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Miami would be a possibility if they can open up cap space. Horford is a tier above Whiteside so his max is quite a bit larger. $57-58 mil for him and Wade isn't something that Miami can swing at this point. They would be at $104 mil with only 6 players under contract. And you can't do that.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
I believe

DROZ - Signs Max with the lakers
Whiteside - Signs Max with the lakers

We will stretch

Swaggy

We Will trade

Either Lou or Clarkson for a vet backup pg and a pick. Jj barea is a player who'd make sense.

I'd do Lou for Barea but Clarkson ? I say bring him back and build with him. Clarkson has put in work this offseason, I see a breakout year. DLO, JC, Ingram and Randle is going to be a great pack. I'm just excited to see who we put around them. Tbh the FA this year I'm not faund of. I'd say Noah but I guess Wash is giving him 30m a yr or some (bleep). Biyombo would be a good piece, he's young and knows his role. I also wanna see what Zubac has in him. He looked good against solid competion and is said to be a steal.

Can you believe someone is going to pay Noah that? He's one of my favorite players and I wouldn't pay him for than 15 mil on a 1+1.

I'm not a big clarkson fan tbh, can't stay in front of his man on defense and takes a lot of poor shots. I would trade clarkson for jj and an unprotected first from dal, if it was Lou instead of clarkson I'd be ok with top 10 protection on the pick cuz Dallas is headed to the lottery next year IMO.

I like the zubac clips, but he's not a staring center right now. If we don't get get whiteside, biyombo works.

I am also not very high on dlo...not quick twitch enough. I DO think that randle will be an allstar at some point and Ingram has a chance to be a superstar. If I'm Mitch I shoot for this roster in 17-18

Pg - Westbrook
Sg - droz
Sf - Ingram
Pf - randle
C - whiteside

6th man - dlo
Zubac, nance as our super subs

I know most people are higher on clarkson and Russell, but neither player is good enough to be a starter on a championship level team imo.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Noah/DeRozan/Ryan Anderson/Chalmers

Russell/Williams/chalmers
DeRozan/Clarkson
Ingram/brown
Randle/Anderson/nance
Noah/Black/Zubac
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject:

No specific pick but the Magic Wand will be conjuring up something special this summer and in 2017.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:40 am    Post subject:

I agree with others in that Horford will most likely not want to sign with LA. And also whiteside will sign i have a feeling and so will DRoz. Whiteside is THE perfect center to have next to a randle

We should trade nick young for trevor ariza. DAntoni likes Nick young imo. Sweeten the pot if needed, i think Ariza would have a good effect on the young'ns. Resign Clarkson of course, Sign a backup big and another guard. I like KobeDunk's idea of signing Ryan Anderson; would be a good fit in Lukes system.

Russel/Clarkson/3rd guard
DeRozan/Clarkson/Brown
Ariza/Ingram/Brown
Randle/Anderson/Nance
Whiteside/Black

That'll do 45 wins i'd say which would have had us as the 5th seed this playoffs.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I believe
We will stretch
Swaggy
We Will trade
Either Lou or Clarkson for a vet backup pg and a pick. Jj barea is a player who'd make sense.

Agree with most of this, but I don't see the Lakers trading Clarkson, they either let him walk if the sign D-Roz or sign him and try to play him more at the PG.

And don't recall watching JJ Barera much last year, but my recollection is that he is short and older...
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
I believe
We will stretch
Swaggy
We Will trade

Agree with most of this, but I don't see the Lakers trading Clarkson, they either let him walk if the sign D-Roz or sign him and try to play him more at the PG.

And don't recall watching JJ Barera much last year, but my recollection is that he is short and older...

Russell
Droz
Bazemore
Randle
Whiteside/horford

Williams
Clarkson
Ingram/brown
Nance
Ryan anderson?/black/zubac
Somehow get rid of young lol
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject:

We need to come away with a center and should have a decent chance of getting one.

Whiteside and Hortford number 1 targets.
Noah or Gasol to 2 year deals
Biyombo 12 mil 4 years

We need to land a starter and should be able to at least get a Noah or Gasol if we can't land Whiteside or Hortford. All of them would be good fits with what Luke is looking to do. Biyombo would also be good in addition to a starting center as he can play defense at multiple positions and is just starting to scratch his potential. So a starting center from the group of 4 plus Biyombo.

Wing Player:
Batum
Droz
H. Barnes

I like Batum the best by far. He is unselfish and can play SF or SG and can defend and move the ball around while hitting an open shot. He is a good leader and mentor for the young guys.

Droz would be okay and can play 2 positions.

H. Barnes has the best upside, can play 3 positions and knows what Luke is looking to implement. He is just a bit inconsistent and is not a leader at this time which isn't a knock because he is so young.

Whiteside and Batum would be by far my best hope as they provide veteran leadership and performance that will bring us into a competitive position quickly and long term.

Noah and Batum might help us get to a really good place the fastest and I would be very happy.

Biyombo would be great with Ingram for the defense and can play as the center or with the center. He would be a long term fit.

What is most important is that we manage the cap and don't spend all of our money long term unless we get the right fit. It would be better to take on a few short term bad contracts and draft picks as this year the prices for FA is going to be really high as everyone has money.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject:

Whiteside and Batum

I'm not a big Parsons fan, dude regressed tremendously over the last 2 seasons
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject:

I'm surprised how many like the idea of paying Bazemore obscene amounts of money. I'd rather gamble on Parsons or forget Barnes last 3 games of the season and pay the guy who knows Luke's system.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
tom wrote:
I say DRoz and Harford. I know some don't want DRoz,but you have to start some where and he is an all star.

And now an Olympian. Though I'm sure his haters will find a way to hate that too.

Anybody can be an Olympian in the eastern con... oh wait

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
RowellGboy7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject:

isn't this thread exactly like the already existing FA thread?
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject:

I don't think we have a shot at Horford but someone did mention his wife might want to advance her acting career in L.A. All bets are off if we sign another prime FA. We have a huge hole at starting center and we're LA. At the very least I think we'll attract a solid young starting center: Whiteside/Biyombo/Ezeli/Mahinmi. Whiteside comes off as petulant to me and he probably still holds a grudge against us. Hopefully the team will secure someone before having to play the RFA market for Ezeli and Mahinmi probably gets secured quickly by Indy.

Otherwise, it'll have to a veteran stop-gap: Pachulia/Mozgov/Noah.

On the wing, DD is our best shot at a prime FA but I think he stays in Toronto. If they flinch at the 5th year though I think all bets are off. We have a solid shot at a young player with Ingram not a sure bet to start and JC recently declaring his willingness to come off the bench. Bazemore is a good shot if ATL loses Horford and opts to reset and go with Taurean. Plus I'm sure Bazemore will always appreciate that LA gave him his first shot at consistent playing time.

Other young options include: Lance Thomas, Solomon Hill, and Turner.
If you include RFAs the list extends to Barnes, Crabbe, Harkless
Veteran stop-gaps include Deng, Williams, Afflalo, Green, Lee, and Mayo.

I'm calling Bazemore, Biyombo at $15-20 million each and JC re-signed at 4 years/60 million. Black at $4-5 million. Huertas for $1-2 million, whatever it takes to meet the salary floor requirement.

Biyombo, Black, Zubac
Randle, Nance
Bazemore, Ingram, Brown
JC, (Bazemore), Young
DLO, Lou, Huertas

I think that's 30-35 wins and we make a run for WB in 2017 with JC or Bazemore getting dealt with one of the bigs for an upgrade at center.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject:

DLO
BATUM
INGRAM
RANDLE
HORFORD

LOU
CLARKSON
BROWN
NANCE
ZUBAC

lets go!
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

Story posting now with @ramonashelburne: @espn sources say the Lakers plan to aggressively pursue Miami's Hassan Whiteside in free agency

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:

Story posting now with @ramonashelburne: @espn sources say the Lakers plan to aggressively pursue Miami's Hassan Whiteside in free agency

I said that weeks ago and no one cared, SHE says it and it gets bolded...

me and Rodney, I tell ya, no respect at all
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject:

I have this little bit of optimism that this year might finally be the year we get some marquee free agents mainly because of Luke and our young core.

I predict:

Demar Deozan
Hassan Whiteside
Kent Bazemore

Nick Young traded for a can of Spam and a used crayon
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
I have this little bit of optimism that this year might finally be the year we get some marquee free agents mainly because of Luke and our young core.

I predict:

Demar Deozan
Hassan Whiteside
Kent Bazemore

I know Mitch is a wizard but what team is going to overpay for Young like that?
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

I predict:

Demar Deozan
Hassan Whiteside
Kent Bazemore

I know Mitch is a wizard but what team is going to overpay for Young like that?

Funny but sadly true. At the beginning of free agency you're going to have to add an asset to unload him. Maybe by the end of free agency when teams are desperate to meet the minimum salary requirement we can dump him for nothing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

My wife told me she wants to start having sex in the car.

She wants me to drive.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Biyombo (Raptors will concentrate on re-signing DeRozan)

Batum (My priority target for the summer. For the right $ he will be attainable, will have to move quickly before he becomes plan B for many teams in contention for the championship AKA GS, Cle)

Leuer In case Batum doesn't materialize, go after Jon Leuer, like Nicolas, he's also 27 and a quality stopgap for Ingram as he transitions to a starter.

I'd like us to sign or attain via trade, another wing (a la Livingston) who can be productive off the bench and play either the 2 or 3.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject:

While there's always hope that Whiteside, Horford, Dorozan, Batum, etc come here, I don't believe any of them will. IMO we should be setting our expectations at something more like: Pachulia/Mozgov and Soloman Hill/Deng/Afflalo/Lee and a few others of that level.

Bazemore would be a good fit, but I doubt he leaves. Noah or Parsons could be a possibility, but the Lakers usually shy away from players with a big injury history.

Even if a couple of the players above are all we get, we should be a much more fun team to watch. The young guys will get a lot of playing time and we should win some games.

My guess is Mozgov, Deng and Afflalo all for veteran leadership. Not exciting, but I'm fine with it. It's a step forward.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

My wife told me she wants to start having sex in the car.

She wants me to drive.

Thanks for the nugget....
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Biyombo (Raptors will concentrate on re-signing DeRozan)

Batum (My priority target for the summer. For the right $ he will be attainable, will have to move quickly before he becomes plan B for many teams in contention for the championship AKA GS, Cle)

Leuer In case Batum doesn't materialize, go after Jon Leuer, like Nicolas, he's also 27 and a quality stopgap for Ingram as he transitions to a starter.

I'd like us to sign or attain via trade, another wing (a la Livingston) who can be productive off the bench and play either the 2 or 3.

Uhhh how is Leuer a stop gap when he's a stretch 4 / backup center?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: