OFFICIAL Lakers 2016 NBA Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1136, 1137, 1138, 1139, 1140  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
epak wrote:
tox wrote:
epak wrote:
AB looks like he got buff.
Pic?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Clrn5rCWgAE7cpm.jpg:large
Are you sure it's not the tight shirt? Lol. AB didn't strike me as someone who really needs to bulk up. He's already not quick as is (though he moves his feet well), and I fear he will get even slower with the mass.

Could get a little leaner if my memory serves me right, though.

True. Unless coaches want him to play some PF.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

Russell1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
rockyp wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
av3773 wrote:
I'll be really, really surprised if swaggy isn't moved some how, whether that's trade, stretch or whatever a non passing chucker doesn't seem ideal for luke not to mention the off the court stuff

The off the court stuff was DLO, not Young. Reality is a good thing.

Amen that was all Dlo's doing. Very immature

It was, and it seems that he's handled the situation well since then.

He has handled it very well. And if Nick can't let it go, then you let him go. I think that Mitch's comments about the DLO commercial indicates that it is nothing to worry about. Yet some here can't let it go.

What did Mitch say about the commercial? I missed it.

He chuckled and said it was funny.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
av3773 wrote:
Not really...he was a pretty big distraction, jeep ride with d lo and jc and the accusation against them, etc

Best check yourself before you wreck you self and call someone out

venturalakersfan wrote:
av3773 wrote:
I'll be really, really surprised if swaggy isn't moved some how, whether that's trade, stretch or whatever a non passing chucker doesn't seem ideal for luke not to mention the off the court stuff

A 30 yr old man should have the wherewithal to not play games with a teenager. That said, Young should've been traded, or cut, long ago due to the diminished returns on his game. Like others have said he should've never been re-signed in the first place. Hold on, what the (bleep) does this have to do with the draft? Oh yeah, not a (bleep) ing thing.

The diminished return on his game was the same as every other Laker, Byron Scott. Nick played well under MDA and I think will play well in Luke's system.

This.

I'd say give him until the trade deadline. He's a happy player.. Byron took his joy away.. Luke already mentioned that he's going to make the game fun for his players.

Nick is capable of passing the ball and isn't shy to shoot the ball.. if you watch golden state.. pretty much everyone has the green light to shoot.

At his price and with the cap going up.. he's a value. People need to put aside their love for dangelo Russell (because he's literally the only reason people want him gone. His contract isn't terrible) and think about how well he played under dantoni. That kind of production off the bench is huge.

Last edited by ch3cky0selff00 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
rockyp wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
av3773 wrote:

He has handled it very well. And if Nick can't let it go, then you let him go. I think that Mitch's comments about the DLO commercial indicates that it is nothing to worry about. Yet some here can't let it go.

He chuckled and said it was funny.

Thanks!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
rockyp wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
av3773 wrote:

That he thought it was funny and that he approved them filming it.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
rockyp wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
av3773 wrote:

That he thought it was funny and that he approved them filming it.
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
av3773 wrote:
Not really...he was a pretty big distraction, jeep ride with d lo and jc and the accusation against them, etc

venturalakersfan wrote:
av3773 wrote:

A 30 yr old man should have the wherewithal to not play games with a teenager. That said, Young should've been traded, or cut, long ago due to the diminished returns on his game. Like others have said he should've never been re-signed in the first place. Hold on, what the (bleep) does this have to do with the draft? Oh yeah, not a (bleep) ing thing.

The diminished return on his game was the same as every other Laker, Byron Scott. Nick played well under MDA and I think will play well in Luke's system.

This.

I'd say give him until the trade deadline. He's a happy player.. Byron took his joy away.. Luke already mentioned that he's going to make the game fun for his players.

Nick is capable of passing the ball and isn't shy to shoot the ball.. if you watch golden state.. pretty much everyone has the green light to shoot.

At his price and with the cap going up.. he's a value. People need to put aside their love for dangelo Russell (because he's literally the only reason people want him gone. His contract isn't terrible) and think about how well he played under dantoni. That kind of production off the bench is huge.

Nick Young has to go. I've seen him a few times here at Northridge 24 with Gilbert Arenas. He's one cocky m'fer. He acts like he's better than he really is on and off the court. He's not a good influence around the younger players. Need to go the trailblazer route, get rid of the bad apple and start a new culture, thats starts by letting Nick go.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject:

NBA draft recap: Pick-by-pick grades, analysis

Quote:
The 2016 NBA draft has come and gone, as some of the world's most talented young players prepare to embark on their once-in-a-lifetime NBA journeys, while other find themselves on the outside looking in. USA TODAY Sports takes a look at all 60 selections, providing pick-by-pick analysis and grades for each player and team.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/draft/2016/06/23/nba-draft-live-tracker-ben-simmons-brandon-ingram/86303580/
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
av3773 wrote:

venturalakersfan wrote:
av3773 wrote:

This.

People wanted Young gone prior to the incident including the Lakers so I think you're wrong on that one.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Lakers were willing to pay cash for a second-round pick on Thursday night, but didn’t want to surrender a future second-rounder to make a deal happen, and ultimately couldn’t find a trade partner, tweets Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders.

Quote:
Eric Pincus [ at ] EricPincus
Lakers were willing to pay cash for another 2nd rounder but weren't willing to trade a future 2nd

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
tox wrote:
epak wrote:
AB looks like he got buff.
Pic?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Clrn5rCWgAE7cpm.jpg:large

lol that's looking buff?!
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
av3773 wrote:

venturalakersfan wrote:
av3773 wrote:

I hope you're right, provided he stays, but I have serious doubts and reservations. He's still a fool for closing around with someone who won't be able to buy a pack of cigarettes in less than six months.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
av3773 wrote:

venturalakersfan wrote:
av3773 wrote:

This.

My want for Nick Young to be gone has less to do with DLO and more to do with the erosion of his game. If Luke can resurrect the picked over carcass that is his career then bully for the Lakers. It's just Nick seems more interested in Twitter and Instagram than getting back into the rotation.
Tayloner
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Please God somebody photoshop Zubac into that picture of our guys at dinner and get him to retweet it.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
av3773 wrote:

venturalakersfan wrote:
av3773 wrote:

This.

People wanted Young gone prior to the incident including the Lakers so I think you're wrong on that one.

i don't want Nick around young guys with a team trying to establish a winning culture. Nick doesn't seem to really care about winning.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Nick Young sucks and deserves not to be mentioned for this new roster going forward. He's not what this team needs. He's a clown, dumb as dirt and can't back up his mouth with his game.

Good riddance.

Have to be dumb to even consider this guy back. They need to cut him or ship him out for cents on the dollar if need be.

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Practice wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
av3773 wrote:

venturalakersfan wrote:
av3773 wrote:

This.

i don't want Nick around young guys with a team trying to establish a winning culture. Nick doesn't seem to really care about winning.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Lakers: 5 Undrafted Free Agents to Target

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/06/24/lakers-5-undrafted-free-agents-targets/
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject:

When do we hold the presser with our draft picks?
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers were willing to pay cash for a second-round pick on Thursday night, but didn’t want to surrender a future second-rounder to make a deal happen, and ultimately couldn’t find a trade partner, tweets Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders.

Quote:
Eric Pincus [AT] EricPincus
Lakers were willing to pay cash for another 2nd rounder but weren't willing to trade a future 2nd

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/

The Warriors paid $2.4 million to the Bucks to get the 38th pick. The Lakers couldn't do that?

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2016/6/23/12022584/warriors-draft-2016-pat-mccaw-unlv-milwaukee-bucks
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Did we give Josh Adams an invite yet!
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
laker50 wrote:
How old is Zubac?

Is he 24 as I thought I read somewhere.

If 24 he should be ready to contribute right away.

Zubac is 19 yr old. He won't be able to contribute right away.
a 24 year old center you read somewhere is Moustapho Fall.
He is a 7'2" center with 7'6" wingspan/9'7" standing reach who can move
like a average PF with good motor. but he started bball when he was 17 yrs old, so he is still very raw eventhough he is 24.
Very interesting prospect nevertheless. Imo, a guy with that size and length who can move like that should be looked upon.

Are you his agent? lol You keep mentioning him.

I will stop I promise. Just that I was so intrigued by this guy and wanted to find more info about him. but no one seems to know or care. Oh well.
I just thought he could turn into what Upshaw last year supposed to become, you know what I mean? but seriously, I will stop

Last edited by JJin77 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
@ChrisBHaynes 2m2 minutes ago
Houston Rockets will sign undrafted free agent Gary Payton II to three-year deal, league sources inform @clevelanddotcom.

Damn, why couldn't the Lakers do this?

Look at it from Payton's perspective. His chances of making the Lakers 15 man roster would be close to zero given their current personnel.

Because we stupidly reached on Anthony Brown and then gave him a multi-year contract.

I would take GPII over Brown.

Jury is out on Anthony Brown. Yes, he bricked a lot of open jumpers. But he played good defense, and frankly being a low-confidence 3 point shooter in (bleep) Byron Scott's system? Good luck.

Let's hold off on calling it a stupid reach, yeah? Danny Green was a similar scrub for a few years.

I personally don't expect much from Brown and prepared to let him go.
But you are absolutely right. How can anyone expect a rookie to play in a D league then all of sudden called upon to debut and guard KD the next day and suceed? That was the story of AB last season in nutshell. His min. was jerked around more than anyone in the team (T. Black suffered same ill treatment). As a shooter, he never established any kind of rhythm. He needs to own up to his poor performance, but BS also made everything harder than it could.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject:

I think Nick Young is gone before the start of next season, one way or another. There just seems to be too much bad blood with him and D'Angelo now and he's almost like an outsider on this squad. I think if the whole video thing never happens he could have been an intriguing option going forward with Luke but I will be very, very surprised if the FO don't cut their losses and either stretch him or trade him. Didn't he actually say in his exit presser that he was expecting to be moved?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject:

NBA Draft Grades: What did we think of the Lakers' draft?

Quote:
The Lakers arguably went BPA at both spots and got players that filled immediate and long-term roster needs, so this draft is a home run insofar as those picks are concerned.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/6/24/12026372/nba-draft-grades-la-lakers-draft-brandon-ingram-ivica-zubac
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
The 19 year old worked his tail off and owned it and is saying and doing all the right things.

I don't think the bolded is correct. One of the whispers I am hearing is that the Lakers were not enamored with his work ethic and attitude last season.

He seems to be working hard this summer, we will see in October if the results are obvious compared to the end of last season.

DLO has a lot to prove this season, he definitely has both fervent supporters and loud critics both in LakerLand and nationally.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1136, 1137, 1138, 1139, 1140  Next
Page 1137 of 1140
Jump to: