Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Looks like the Red Woman's time is short. Davos figured out what happened to Shireen.

Davos is a man of honor. I wonder if he'll honor his promise to Stannis (not to attempt to kill her), or if he considers all options on the table now that Stannis is dead.

Don't know why Davos would honor an oath made to an man who ended up murdering his own daughter.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Looks like the Red Woman's time is short. Davos figured out what happened to Shireen.

Davos is a man of honor. I wonder if he'll honor his promise to Stannis (not to attempt to kill her), or if he considers all options on the table now that Stannis is dead.

Don't know why Davos would honor an oath made to an man who ended up murdering his own daughter.

We're not sure what he knows at this point. Can't wait to see the confrontation though.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

After his conversation with Tormund I think we can assume that Davos is disillusioned with Stannis and won't go out of his way to honor dishonor.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

After his conversation with Tormund I think we can assume that Davos is disillusioned with Stannis and won't go out of his way to honor dishonor.

Your right, Davos always looked up to Stannis as a man of honor. Killing your daughter in order to gain a military advantage is far too dishonorable for Davos to accept. Plus, Davos loved Shireen like she was his daughter. The fear and terror she felt is something I am sure he is well aware of, and will want someone to answer for it.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Your right, Davos always looked up to Stannis as a man of honor. Killing your daughter in order to gain a military advantage is far too dishonorable for Davos to accept. Plus, Davos loved Shireen like she was his daughter. The fear and terror she felt is something I am sure he is well aware of, and will want someone to answer for it.

He continued to follow Stannis after he burned his in-laws as a sacrifice to the God of Light.

He continued to follow Stannis after he murdered his own brother with the shadow demon.

Not sure why Davos should be surprised Stannis and the Red Woman killed Shireen.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

He continued to follow Stannis after he burned his in-laws as a sacrifice to the God of Light.

He continued to follow Stannis after he murdered his own brother with the shadow demon.

Not sure why Davos should be surprised Stannis and the Red Woman killed Shireen.

Good points

Maybe he's just mad the toy he carved Shireen got a little dirty from the ash
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Good points

Maybe he's just mad the toy he carved Shireen got a little dirty from the ash

Davos got over "I just saw this witch give birth to a demon smoke cloud of evil" thing way back when pretty quickly. You just move on from that?

Also, I think he's going to realize that Stannis sent him away because he already knew he was going to burn Shirreen. Just maybe he begins to doubt his faith in Stannis a little.

Reminds me that the show misses Stannis. Actually, Tywin too. All the oldheads make an impact. Blackfish, ahole guy in Night's Watch whose name I forget, Maester Aemon, Sam's dad. At least there's Davos.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Agreed, but I'm not sure he kills her anyways. I can't see him doing it since she brought Jon (the man he now follows) back. Who knows though. Killing her makes sense since otherwise it's implied she can bring Jon back again just like the Brotherhood Without Banners guy. Kills any dramatic tension knowing Jon won't be gone for good.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject:

So thanks to Brexit, we may be seeing the end of GOT - at least as we know it. That vote is going to have a huge financial impact on the show and pose some logistical ones.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
So thanks to Brexit, we may be seeing the end of GOT - at least as we know it. That vote is going to have a huge financial impact on the show and pose some logistical ones.

What is dead may never die.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

As I understand it, they wouldn't exit until something like 2020 correct? I think GoT should hopefully wrap up by then.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

As I understand it, they wouldn't exit until something like 2020 correct? I think GoT should hopefully wrap up by then.

My wife spoke with her friend the EP this morning. She said it is a bit up in the air. It's dependedent on what happens with entity that is responsible for doling out the financial incentives to foreign production companies. They could stop their subsidies almost immediately since it is an EU organization. She said there's a scenario where they would just shutdown since they are early into the new seasons shooting. Or just conclude after shooting this season. Basically they will make the show as long as there is money in subsidies. Perhaps Britain would fund, but depends on how the economy goes in the next year or so.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Well, HBO says it is all in on continuing production, though they were less than honest about the particulars.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/4owtvv/tv_roberts_curse_is_finally_complete/

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Wonder if the wall is coming down in tomorrow night's episode.
Supposedly they are only 13 episodes left after this season finale.
It's time to get the ball rolling.

There has been a TON of stalling when it comes to plot lines

Think about it. Arya beginning of season, she rebelled against faceless men and was blind. End of this season she rebelled and left faceless men.
Dany's plotline has done a big multiple-season-long loop. And now she's back will a Dothraki hoard bigger than all other armed forces in Westeros.
Literally we've waited all season long for something to happen in King's Landing that's consequential. Luckily there should be a ton of plot progression in the capital for the season finale.

Showrunners are dragging their feet moving the plot forward. But I guess it ruins less surprises for the book readers. Hopefully GRRM will have TWOW out before season 7. But I'm not holding my breath.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Think about it. Arya beginning of season, she rebelled against faceless men and was blind. End of this season she rebelled and left faceless men.
Dany's plotline has done a big multiple-season-long loop. And now she's back will a Dothraki hoard bigger than all other armed forces in Westeros.
Literally we've waited all season long for something to happen in King's Landing that's consequential. Luckily there should be a ton of plot progression in the capital for the season finale.

Showrunners are dragging their feet moving the plot forward. But I guess it ruins less surprises for the book readers. Hopefully GRRM will have TWOW out before season 7. But I'm not holding my breath.

Here's what I expect:

- small segment with Sansa, John and Littlefinger, where Littlefinger names his price for helping (wants to marry Sansa is my guess)
- Cersei uses wildfire to burn down the Sept of Baelor, and maybe the whole city?
- the Wall comes down
- Dany finally sails to Westeros
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Here's what I expect:

- small segment with Sansa, John and Littlefinger, where Littlefinger names his price for helping (wants to marry Sansa is my guess)
- Cersei uses wildfire to burn down the Sept of Baelor, and maybe the whole city?
- the Wall comes down
- Dany finally sails to Westeros

-Sand Snakes do something that annoys the internet
-Some Freys die. Maybe Jamie too.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Re-watching that last episode, and Jon is such a (bleep) for letting Ramsay get to him and charging recklessly, and lucky he ended up on the winning side. And Sansa is a (bleep) for not telling people about Baelish's forces.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Well, HBO says it is all in on continuing production, though they were less than honest about the particulars.

Almost all the filming financial credits are UK ones not EU.

Since the fall of the British pound filming in Northern Ireland will be cheaper in US dollars.

Net net HBO will save money.

Although they did just agree to a raise to most of the main actors.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Almost all the filming financial credits are UK ones not EU.

Since the fall of the British pound filming in Northern Ireland will be cheaper in US dollars.

Net net HBO will save money.

Although they did just agree to a raise to most of the main actors.

Because of all the other locations across Europe, they have been getting EU subsidies.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject:

BREH
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Re-watching that last episode, and Jon is such a (bleep) for letting Ramsay get to him and charging recklessly, and lucky he ended up on the winning side. And Sansa is a (bleep) for not telling people about Baelish's forces.

Sansa was smart because she needed the lament of surprise with Ramsey.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Guy Fawkes!
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Jon Targaryen-Stark confirmed!

Cersei is straight (bleep).

Last edited by DuncanIdaho on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject:

So the Citadel in OldTown is based off of the Library at Alexandria.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 154 of 247
Jump to: