Report: Lakers, Wizards won't get Kevin Durant meeting, Knicks might
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject:

Well this is better than Durant just adding us to his long list of teams and leading us on when he won't really consider us. I prefer him just bluntly telling the Lakers no right away if he isn't interested.

Makes sense Lakers are not a good team(yet). Lakers need to add some good smaller pieces and our young guys need to grow. When superstars see that happening here that is when they will really consider coming here.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject:

In reality, outside of GSW, there isn't another team that would be better than the team KD has right now in OKC. I don't think he'll go to GS though, as it's too similar to what Lebron did with the Heat. I could see Durant doing something unconventional. Plus, I think he and Westbrook have both discussed where their futures are and it's not in OKC.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:04 am    Post subject:

I will lie if I said I didn't want KD, but I knew it wasn't realistic... I still say the perfect signings will be Whiteside/Batum and maybe a cheap big.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject:

Good. I would rather us build up our own stars. My hope is that we keep our core of Russell, Ingram, and Randle and allow them to grow together.
I Love LA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject:

Good. There are some good players that may wanna come hear. Not point in having other teams snatch up those good players while we're waiting on kd to tell us no.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject:

I hope Durant never wins a championship. guy is to shallow.... There is a reason why some think WB was the 1st option on the OKC team...
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Report: Lakers, Wizards won't get Kevin Durant meeting, Knicks might

K28 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Guess it's good if he saves our time unlike Melo, Aldridge situation in last two years. We could go for realistic targets right away.

KD is saving our front office from themselves lol.

I want to be mad at KD...but this is so true. News from the Laker front office is that they are still holding out hope for a meeting.

Cue "Dumb and Dumber"...."You're telling me there's still a chance?"

With those reports that Mitch and Jim are still trying to set up a meeting, it looks like they don't want to be saved. SMFH.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16510998/los-angeles-lakers-aggressively-pursue-hassan-whiteside-free-agency

Quote:
The Lakers, like the Heat, are still hopeful of securing a face-to-face recruiting meeting with Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant once free agency season commences at 12:01 a.m. on July 1.

I'd wish they let it go and focus in on Whiteside and a complimentary starter in order to bring Clarkson off the bench. I'm thinking Bazemore.

This is one of those ESPN stories using "league sources" stories--e.g. they are likely making it up.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject:

I hope KD does not give us an interview and we move on very quickly on
the 1st.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
Derrick Rose, Carmelo, Durant, Porzingis.

If theyre all healthy that's probably 2nd best team in the East.

Dwight should sign too and just play Defense and rebound, nothing more.

Could beat the CAVS if healthy.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject:

KobeMania wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
Derrick Rose, Carmelo, Durant, Porzingis.

If theyre all healthy that's probably 2nd best team in the East.

Looks like Kobe, Dwight, Nash and Gasol all over again. And in some ways it's worse because at least Kobe and Gasol won rings. Rose reminds me of Nash with the injuries and Carmelo reminds me of Dwight-another big name who never won anything. In fact Carmelo has won less than Howard.

This?

http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mba7mnbJIu1ruj0bpo1_1280.jpg

man...that team SO should've gone all the way....NO EXCUSE for all that crap they went through during the season and getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

this is great news. We never had a real shot at him this summer anyway. Now our FO can focus on other free agents rather than trying to put effort in signing someone who would never sign.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject:

I'm so happy about this. We never had a real chance so that means no waste of attention to a "Durant to LA" storyline and no chance that the pursuit of Durant will hamstring our ability to get free agents who might really join.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Blessing in disguise. He wasnt coming here anyways. Now the FO can focus on the FA's who are actually interested.

Very true, I forgot that that (bleep) us over so much.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject:

I don't blame KD for not giving the Lakers an interview at the moment the Lakers are still in rebuild mode with this young group of players and with Luke becoming the head coach. I don't think the Lakers are going to make the playoffs next season and that isn't being negative but just realistic. KD can't be waiting for a couple of years for other players to be ready he wants to win now. The best thing the Lakers could regarding trying to get big FA in free agency is this season (16/17) let the young guys develop and improve, Luke to become the best coach he can as he will need time it's his first proper head coach role and this could attract free agents in 2017. Everyone knows 2017 free agency is much better than this year's.

Last edited by Dilla_ on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Artesties
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject:

Well I hope he signs a 1 year deal with OKC, don't sign anyone, Russell Ingram and Randle show their promise next year, and were more attractive for the elite group of FA in 18.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject:

It's sad how times have changed... I mean, yes I understand KD, but it really speaks to our lack of leadership in the organization.

Mitch is a nice guy but he's no Logo.
Jim / Jeanie, they are not Jerry.

Sad...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
It's sad how times have changed... I mean, yes I understand KD, but it really speaks to our lack of leadership in the organization.

Sad...

what? all it says is what product we put on the court matters and the noise of just being the best franchise is just that.

we have 8 really young solid players. thats about it. i am not mad at KD or FO about the situation.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject:

The ONLY downside to this is that certain people in the media are going to spin this as the front office being dysfunctional. It'll be spun to make it seem like the only reason Durant didn't give them a meeting is because "Jim Buss is incompetent".

The reality is there's no logical reason why Durant should want ot sign on and rebuild with the Lakers.

There's this unfair expectations that the Lakers are supposed to be able to jedi mind trick free agents into playing here no matter what the roster looks like. People often cite Shaq signing here but they overlook that Shaq joined a team that had already been making the playoffs and had all star caliber players on the roster. Shaq's contract situation at the time was also very unique and allowed him to leave earlier than normal.

Situations like that just aren't going to exist anymore with the new CBA. People need to be more fair in their criticisms of the Lakers from office. Not being able to turn crap into diamond doesn't make them a "bad" front office. What they've been able to do given all the bad breaks they've dealt with (The Veto, The New CBA, veterans being injured) it's remarkable where the team is right now and the future is VERY bright even without Kevin Durant.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:

Sad...

how is it sad? kobe's gone and now they've put themselves in a position to succeed after him. byron's job was to tank while Kobe got the proper send off. mission accomplished.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:
Well I hope he signs a 1 year deal with OKC, don't sign anyone, Russell Ingram and Randle show their promise next year, and were more attractive for the elite group of FA in 18.

You do realize that the Lakers HAVE to spend money this off season right? They're either going to have to sign a couple legit max contract players or overpay a few mid tier players.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
methdxman wrote:

Sad...

how is it sad? kobe's gone and now they've put themselves in a position to succeed after him. byron's job was to tank while Kobe got the proper send off. mission accomplished.

People have bought into the idea that the Lakers and Dr Buss have always been able to just sign a Superstar player whenever they've needed one. Like I said in my previous post, people often cite the Shaq signing but ignore the special circumstances that surrounded it.

You have to have a solid foundation in order to sign a big name free agent these days. Most guys aren't signing up for a rebuild because by the time they hit free agency they're looking to compete. There's also a financial advantage to staying with the team that drafted you.

The only big name free agent we reasonably had a shot at getting was Melo, and Melo clearly wanted the money over everything else.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:

Sad...

It has nothing to do with "a lack of leadership". This team is in full rebuild mode with a very young core. They aren't contending any time soon, even with KD. He wants to win. He's not going to want to waste two years of his prime hoping that this squad might become a contender one day. And that would be the case no matter who was in the front office for the Lakers.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject:

If he leaves OKC he should only consider joining GSW, SAS or the Cavs. All other teams won't give him any more chances to win anything.

If he wants to be part of rebuilding again he is very welcome here.
etmo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:

Sad...

Disagree. Lakers just had their worst year in team history. Bunch of young kids who need years and years to improve before they're ready to make a splash in the NBA. Rookie head coach. Total rebuild.

Durant is an MVP-caliber player trying to win a title right now. With only 2-3 years left at his peak, he doesn't have time to wait for the Lakers to come along.

KD to LA makes no sense for either side.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12
Jump to: