Official Game of Thrones Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Since Rhaegar and Lyanna are Rob's grandparents.
That means Jon's paternal grandfather burned his maternal grandfather alive.

And I thought my gf's family reunions were awkward.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

R + L = Rob's uncle
R + L = Jon's parents
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

R + L = Rob's uncle
R + L = Jon's parents

My bad. I meant to say Jon.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
marga86 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

R + L = Rob's uncle
R + L = Jon's parents

My bad. I meant to say Jon.

i was like dang ima have to go rewatch some episodes
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
8 details you might have missed in the 'Game of Thrones' finale

The Bolton sigil was removed from Winterfell in the opening credits (replaced by the Stark sigil).

Jon Snow's new nickname has a significant meaning. When Robb Stark was crowned King in the North back in season one, his men called him the Young Wolf. Now in season six, when Lord Wyman Manderly declared Jon Snow the King in the North, he referred to Jon as the "White Wolf." This nickname is more than just an allusion to Jon's albino direwolf, Ghost. It has ties to his bastard status.

Jon's new sigil as King in the North will be a reversal of House Stark's banner. In Westeros, bastards who take up their house banners must reverse the colors of the sigil. This custom is meant to signal the man's bastard status.

Arya Stark's highborn mannerisms betrayed her real identity. She almost gave herself away by referring to Frey as "My Lord", something only highborns do - as Tywin Lannister taught her this lesson back in season two.

Arya's scene had another hidden reference: The Rat Cook. Bran Stark told the fable of the Rat Cook right after the Red Wedding.

There was a neat Easter Egg in the Citadel library. The spinning astrolabe from the opening credits is seen hanging from the ceiling.

Were you wondering how Varys managed to get back to Meereen so fast? The show skipped ahead by a few weeks at least. We know because you can see Dornish ships among Daenerys' fleet. The Tyrell fleet is present as well, meaning Lady Olenna has officially teamed up with the Mother of Dragons.

Tommen's final costume was a callback to the prophecy predicting his death. Back in the season five premiere, viewers watched as a young Cersei had her fortune told by a woman named Maggy the Frog. The witch told her that all three of her children would die. "Gold their crowns, and gold their shrouds," she said. Tommen was dressed in a golden jacket when he committed suicide by jumping from his window in the Red Keep.

Sansa and Littlefinger's conversation was a reversal of a scene from season one. Catelyn told Ned the news of Jon Arryn's death in this exact same place.

Details and visuals at link.

Seems like someone's hanging around the reddit forums for GOT/ ASOIAF

All of these points were on the GoT wiki for this episode before the article came out. Btw, the wiki is awesome and it was spoiler free for the duration of the show.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

The Bolton sigil was removed from Winterfell in the opening credits (replaced by the Stark sigil).

Jon Snow's new nickname has a significant meaning. When Robb Stark was crowned King in the North back in season one, his men called him the Young Wolf. Now in season six, when Lord Wyman Manderly declared Jon Snow the King in the North, he referred to Jon as the "White Wolf." This nickname is more than just an allusion to Jon's albino direwolf, Ghost. It has ties to his bastard status.

Jon's new sigil as King in the North will be a reversal of House Stark's banner. In Westeros, bastards who take up their house banners must reverse the colors of the sigil. This custom is meant to signal the man's bastard status.

Arya Stark's highborn mannerisms betrayed her real identity. She almost gave herself away by referring to Frey as "My Lord", something only highborns do - as Tywin Lannister taught her this lesson back in season two.

Arya's scene had another hidden reference: The Rat Cook. Bran Stark told the fable of the Rat Cook right after the Red Wedding.

There was a neat Easter Egg in the Citadel library. The spinning astrolabe from the opening credits is seen hanging from the ceiling.

Were you wondering how Varys managed to get back to Meereen so fast? The show skipped ahead by a few weeks at least. We know because you can see Dornish ships among Daenerys' fleet. The Tyrell fleet is present as well, meaning Lady Olenna has officially teamed up with the Mother of Dragons.

Tommen's final costume was a callback to the prophecy predicting his death. Back in the season five premiere, viewers watched as a young Cersei had her fortune told by a woman named Maggy the Frog. The witch told her that all three of her children would die. "Gold their crowns, and gold their shrouds," she said. Tommen was dressed in a golden jacket when he committed suicide by jumping from his window in the Red Keep.

Sansa and Littlefinger's conversation was a reversal of a scene from season one. Catelyn told Ned the news of Jon Arryn's death in this exact same place.

Excuse me, but I posted a freaking link to the article I was quoting at the very head of the post. At no point did I even imply that what was written in the post was anything but passing on an article.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Jon's new sigil as King in the North will be a reversal of House Stark's banner. In Westeros, bastards who take up their house banners must reverse the colors of the sigil.

So it'll be a white wolf against a black background?
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Dammit, this show is amazing.

Great post, do one for every single episode please, thanks.

I've always told GoT detractors that the beauty of this show/series is in the details.

I rewatched S1 a few months ago -- good lord, i thought i knew what was going on the first time i saw it... i had no idea how much more awesome the season would be once i rewatched it

I have rewatched the first 3 seasons a couple of times when I was getting friends and family into it, and it is even more enjoyable. The first time I watched it I was so focused on trying to keep up with the story and the characters, the next few times I can just enjoy it.

After watching a new season its cool to go back, because sometimes those characters resurface and you never knew they did before, which is always a treat. There is a lot of subtlety in the show and in the characters, which I really admire. I totally miss it the first time through though.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject:

Here is a helpful (someone was paying better attention than I) lineage visual:

See the Connections Behind Ned’s Promise With This Infographic
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
tox wrote:

Excuse me, but I posted a freaking link to the article I was quoting at the very head of the post. At no point did I even imply that what was written in the post was anything but passing on an article.

Yes I was referring to the guy who posted the article. That's what makes it funny --- it seems like a professional website is scraping off of reddit. Though as fiendish pointed out, the GoT wiki is more likely.

Last edited by tox on Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

All of these points were on the GoT wiki for this episode before the article came out. Btw, the wiki is awesome and it was spoiler free for the duration of the show.

Oh, nice. Yeah that's probably where they got the content from, then.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

https://myfantasymyworld.tumblr.com/post/146075575187/ser-jorah-has-ret

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Nobody knows what's gonna happen next for Game of Thrones.

The books aren't really ahead of the show. And they already delayed the filiming of season 7 (apparently due to weather) LINK.

Anybody on LG have realistic predictions?

I think Littlefinger turns Sansa against Jon.

Brienne and Pod bring the Brotherhood without Banners up to Winterfell to support da KINGINDANORF Jon.

Have no idea what's gonna happen with Arya. But I love that any scene, I half expect a person (Arya) to remove their face and kill someone.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

The books aren't really ahead of the show. And they already delayed the filiming of season 7 (apparently due to weather) LINK.

Brienne and Pod bring the Brotherhood without Banners up to Winterfell to support da KINGINDANORF Jon.

Have no idea what's gonna happen with Arya. But I love that any scene, I half expect a person (Arya) to remove their face and kill someone.

Quite the opposite at this point. The shows are well past the books. With that said, things have to start gearing towards the White Walkers. I don't see any more surprising political machinations coming into play. There's a lot to tie up in two seasons without introducing anymore.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Dunno.

I saw an article on how Sam will have a big impact, or bigger than people expect, in the last two seasons. I didn't click on it, so idk what it says.. but i've have my theories too. Given that the producers have been adamant about his story, i think it means he will play a role in the war vs the ice walkers.

I have a feeling he will discover something during his training - after all, he is probably the first maester (sp?) to see a white walker, let alone slay one. He will likely make the connection that dragon or dragon magic (or what ever Valeryans used) counter these white walkers. Not only that, but he took the sword with em (FML i forget the name).. i'm sure it will come into play with his training as well. I'm guessing all his valuable research will help jon.. maybe even somehow he can prove jon is a targaryen?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Dunno.

I saw an article on how Sam will have a big impact, or bigger than people expect, in the last two seasons. I didn't click on it, so idk what it says.. but i've have my theories too. Given that the producers have been adamant about his story, i think it means he will play a role in the war vs the ice walkers.

I have a feeling he will discover something during his training - after all, he is probably the first maester (sp?) to see a white walker, let alone slay one. He will likely make the connection that dragon or dragon magic (or what ever Valeryans used) counter these white walkers. Not only that, but he took the sword with em (FML i forget the name).. i'm sure it will come into play with his training as well. I'm guessing all his valuable research will help jon.. maybe even somehow he can prove jon is a targaryen?

heartsbane -- the name of the sword.

Also, I figure Sam will also be used to keep the audience abreast of Jorah's coming and goings. he needs to find the cure --- what better place than the holder of all the world's collected knowledge?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject:

Guess we already knew it but HBO confirmed it. The end is nigh.

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/18/12215292/game-of-thrones-season-7-release-schedule-announced

Quote:
Game of Thrones season seven will air in the summer of 2017 and run for seven episodes, according to an HBO press release issued Monday — officially confirming what many have been saying for months: that at least one of the show's probable two final seasons will be shortened as the series closes in on its endgame. All six previous seasons of Game of Thrones have run for 10 episodes each.

DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject:

I just saw Jon Snow driving an Infiniti on my TV.

WTF?

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject:

RIP Aemon http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38225796
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
RIP Aemon http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38225796

He was the blood of the dragon, but now his fire has gone out. And now his watch has ended.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject:

It took about 3 months but I finished watching all 60 episodes, and then read all 160 pages of this thread. I wish I could dive in and explore inside GRRM's sick and beautiful mind. I'm in awe at the worlds the human mind can create.

Also, watching the show at my own pace really completely heightened the viewing experience. I never felt like a single episode, or even scene for that matter, was wasted. But when reading this thread, I was surprised how many episodes people would say "boring episode, nothing happened" or "just a filler, disappointing week". It's like addicts getting a small dose .

And every theory gets broken down and torn to shreds to the point that it isn't as shocking when it actually happens. I enjoyed just sitting back and experiencing the storytelling the way the show creators intended. I don't think I'll be able to watch season 7 from week to week now that I've experienced binge watching this show.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject:

Oh, and Hodor . Damn, damn, damn. Arguably the most gut-wrenching tv I've ever witnessed. Just had me staring at the tv screen long after the episode ended. Well done, big fella. That one hit me harder then Red Wedding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHhoVif_dbM&feature=youtu.be
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject:

^^^^

Wow awesome and welcome aboard!

Yes, that scene was POWERFUL!

Go check out Westworld if you haven't and join us in that thread as well!
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

Was excited that we finally had our first trailer...Unfortunately, doesn't really show anything:

I'm guessing we'll actually have a "real" trailer in May/June.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Did anybody catch the "Music is Coming" concert?

I went to the shows at the Forum and in Vegas. Absolutely incredible!

I suggest you check out the videos on youtube.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 160 of 247
Jump to: