Announcement: LakersGround Terms of Use change
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 11 Aug 2002
Posts: 9863

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Larry, can I ask how such a development occurred? Motivations, a response to anything, dealing with more volume of posters? A little history would be appreciated for those of us interested in such things.


I can take a crack at writing an airtight legal document, but not being a lawyer and therefore having no clue what I'm doing, I probably can't get it 100% right. I -often- read something somewhere and wonder if it affects the LG Terms of Use. LakerSantity, being a lawyer and giving official legal advice while claiming not to (clever...) is more than happy to point out my blind spots when I ask. LS has saved my butt a number of times -- for example, when I originally had a paragraph in the Terms of Use claiming that LG is really the official ESPN.com, and that all other claimants, like that place in Bristol, CT, are fraudulent. Who knew that would be a bad idea? LS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 29770
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject:

Its funny how the other mods think I am actually a real lawyer. Love the anonymity of the internet. I do stay at Holiday Inns quite often though.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 79286
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Its funny how the other mods think I am actually a real lawyer. Love the anonymity of the internet. I do stay at Holiday Inns quite often though.


You're just a dude playing a moderator disguised as a lawyer.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 17505
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Jesus, this makes so much sense now.
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
IPK
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 6182

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Its funny how the other mods think I am actually a real lawyer. Love the anonymity of the internet. I do stay at Holiday Inns quite often though.


You're just a dude playing a moderator disguised as a lawyer.


Baus of Bawses.
_________________
Our song to Phil, the man behind LG: "Miss u"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 35163

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Did LG get called out by a media publication for copyright violations?


In recent history, more and more news media are transitioning from paid hard copy to paid digital services. Much like ESPN Insider, such publications often seek to ensure that their intellectual property is not freely distributed. These amendments to our TOS simply reflect an appropriate clarification of the rules and terms already in place.


LS, that law degree was worth every penny.


I appreciate the compliment. However, so there is no confusion, I want to make it clear that I have not, and will not, make any statements here within my capacity as an attorney or as a legal professional. Any statements I make here or have made here, including those in this thread, I make only as one of the moderators or posters of this website. Thus, nothing I post on this website should ever be taken as legal advice.

.... yes, it was worth every penny.


Sometimes you slay me, LS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2009
Posts: 7233

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject:

How about, LG is a free forum and ownership is not liable for users posts?

That comes from a real Attorney and
Quote:
"they don't have to worry about that (being sued for what a user posts) really. If they ever had a case brought against them believe me they'd have a lot of help fighting it. It would kill speech and forums if one case was found against them. It isn't going to happen. There are forum sites telling others how to make bombs and they've never been sued. They've been banned from IP's but that's all. Though I'm sure they attracted attention from Homeland Security and others. The owners should seek an attorney if they are really worried.'


Long live LG.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 51523

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
How about, LG is a free forum and ownership is not liable for users posts?

That comes from a real Attorney and
Quote:
"they don't have to worry about that (being sued for what a user posts) really. If they ever had a case brought against them believe me they'd have a lot of help fighting it. It would kill speech and forums if one case was found against them. It isn't going to happen. There are forum sites telling others how to make bombs and they've never been sued. They've been banned from IP's but that's all. Though I'm sure they attracted attention from Homeland Security and others. The owners should seek an attorney if they are really worried.'


Long live LG.

Thanks Cha*n
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2009
Posts: 7233

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
How about, LG is a free forum and ownership is not liable for users posts?

That comes from a real Attorney and
Quote:
"they don't have to worry about that (being sued for what a user posts) really. If they ever had a case brought against them believe me they'd have a lot of help fighting it. It would kill speech and forums if one case was found against them. It isn't going to happen. There are forum sites telling others how to make bombs and they've never been sued. They've been banned from IP's but that's all. Though I'm sure they attracted attention from Homeland Security and others. The owners should seek an attorney if they are really worried.'


Long live LG.

Thanks Cha*n


That makes my day coming from you my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 79286
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
How about, LG is a free forum and ownership is not liable for users posts?

That comes from a real Attorney and
Quote:
"they don't have to worry about that (being sued for what a user posts) really. If they ever had a case brought against them believe me they'd have a lot of help fighting it. It would kill speech and forums if one case was found against them. It isn't going to happen. There are forum sites telling others how to make bombs and they've never been sued. They've been banned from IP's but that's all. Though I'm sure they attracted attention from Homeland Security and others. The owners should seek an attorney if they are really worried.'


Long live LG.

Thanks Cha*n


That makes my day coming from you my friend.


Wolf's thank you in no way implies anything beyond professional appreciation for thoughts and ideas offered, and is neither an endorsement of or agreement to utilize any or all of them, together, separately, or in combination with other such formulations that may occur, in time, with or without direct approval of the principals so named, none of who warrant that they are owners, shareholders, officers, or authorized representatives of the entity known as Lakersground.net, hereinafter "LG", and agreeing that those named herein, hereinafter "The Parties", are themselves not wolves, owners of wolves, or in any way affiliated with wolves, insofar as such affiliation would impede the ability of The Parties to engage in commerce of the nature described in this document of understanding, hereinafter "The Agreement", which shall be enforceable in and subject to the laws of the state of California, and if any provision of The Agreement shall be deemed invalid, the other portions shall still be fully enforceable on the heirs and assigns of The Parties, until such time as either party shall, in writing and witnessed by three (3) marsupials acceptable to the other party, such approval not to be reasonably withheld, so indicate a desire to alter the terms and conditions herein. At such time, all of The Parties shall revert to using their real names and shall forfeit any benefits accrued, hereinafter referred to as "Post Count", and shall be hung by the neck until they are dead dead dead, and may god have mercy on their souls. The terms god and hung used under licensing agreement with 24 and John Holmes, respectively. Amen.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 17505
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject:

This thread may not be reproduced without the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball.
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2009
Posts: 7233

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
How about, LG is a free forum and ownership is not liable for users posts?

That comes from a real Attorney and
Quote:
"they don't have to worry about that (being sued for what a user posts) really. If they ever had a case brought against them believe me they'd have a lot of help fighting it. It would kill speech and forums if one case was found against them. It isn't going to happen. There are forum sites telling others how to make bombs and they've never been sued. They've been banned from IP's but that's all. Though I'm sure they attracted attention from Homeland Security and others. The owners should seek an attorney if they are really worried.'


Long live LG.

Thanks Cha*n


That makes my day coming from you my friend.


Wolf's thank you in no way implies anything beyond professional appreciation for thoughts and ideas offered, and is neither an endorsement of or agreement to utilize any or all of them, together, separately, or in combination with other such formulations that may occur, in time, with or without direct approval of the principals so named, none of who warrant that they are owners, shareholders, officers, or authorized representatives of the entity known as Lakersground.net, hereinafter "LG", and agreeing that those named herein, hereinafter "The Parties", are themselves not wolves, owners of wolves, or in any way affiliated with wolves, insofar as such affiliation would impede the ability of The Parties to engage in commerce of the nature described in this document of understanding, hereinafter "The Agreement", which shall be enforceable in and subject to the laws of the state of California, and if any provision of The Agreement shall be deemed invalid, the other portions shall still be fully enforceable on the heirs and assigns of The Parties, until such time as either party shall, in writing and witnessed by three (3) marsupials acceptable to the other party, such approval not to be reasonably withheld, so indicate a desire to alter the terms and conditions herein. At such time, all of The Parties shall revert to using their real names and shall forfeit any benefits accrued, hereinafter referred to as "Post Count", and shall be hung by the neck until they are dead dead dead, and may god have mercy on their souls. The terms god and hung used under licensing agreement with 24 and John Holmes, respectively. Amen.





I couldn't top this even if I was a marsupial.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject:

Finally... We've had posters in here for years that should have been brought up on charges long, long, long ago....

C M B for most of his participation since at least 2000 should be just now coming up for his first parole hearing!
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."


Last edited by THE_SHOES on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
24 wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
How about, LG is a free forum and ownership is not liable for users posts?

That comes from a real Attorney and
Quote:
"they don't have to worry about that (being sued for what a user posts) really. If they ever had a case brought against them believe me they'd have a lot of help fighting it. It would kill speech and forums if one case was found against them. It isn't going to happen. There are forum sites telling others how to make bombs and they've never been sued. They've been banned from IP's but that's all. Though I'm sure they attracted attention from Homeland Security and others. The owners should seek an attorney if they are really worried.'


Long live LG.

Thanks Cha*n


That makes my day coming from you my friend.


Wolf's thank you in no way implies anything beyond professional appreciation for thoughts and ideas offered, and is neither an endorsement of or agreement to utilize any or all of them, together, separately, or in combination with other such formulations that may occur, in time, with or without direct approval of the principals so named, none of who warrant that they are owners, shareholders, officers, or authorized representatives of the entity known as Lakersground.net, hereinafter "LG", and agreeing that those named herein, hereinafter "The Parties", are themselves not wolves, owners of wolves, or in any way affiliated with wolves, insofar as such affiliation would impede the ability of The Parties to engage in commerce of the nature described in this document of understanding, hereinafter "The Agreement", which shall be enforceable in and subject to the laws of the state of California, and if any provision of The Agreement shall be deemed invalid, the other portions shall still be fully enforceable on the heirs and assigns of The Parties, until such time as either party shall, in writing and witnessed by three (3) marsupials acceptable to the other party, such approval not to be reasonably withheld, so indicate a desire to alter the terms and conditions herein. At such time, all of The Parties shall revert to using their real names and shall forfeit any benefits accrued, hereinafter referred to as "Post Count", and shall be hung by the neck until they are dead dead dead, and may god have mercy on their souls. The terms god and hung used under licensing agreement with 24 and John Holmes, respectively. Amen.





I couldn't top this even if I was a marsupial.


Should be documented... That's just as plain, and as clear as day... I mean with not one uncertain term...
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Jun 2005
Posts: 875

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject:

Hi - is there a paypal link we can donate to the forum?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB