The Knicks willl be absolute monster
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: The Knicks willl be absolute monster

Rose
Lee
Melo
Noah
Porzingis

Thats's balanced. Their defense will be great. Spacing should work.
Their best player will be Porzingis. Look for him to average 18/12 or so. This is a team that can knock off the Cavs. Of course, a lot depends on Noah's and Rose's health but assuming they are healthy and decent, this team is amazing. Knicks dont need Noah and Rose to be their old self, to play like they did in their prime. Just being decent and providing that veteran leadership is enough. I'm telling you, this team is going places.
LeBron is (bleep) his pants facing this team. Lets see him get pas Melo easily. Lets se him save his energy on defense. Lets see him just bully his way to the paint with big Zing there.
And you know they have clutch shot makers. This team is built for the playoffs, built to win close games. Just like all of Phil's teams always were.

This is the way I look at it...you need to make a clutch stop? This is the first team you think of.
You need to make a clutch basket? This is your team again.

People are underestimating them just because the Knicks have been a laughing stock for a long time. They need Rose and Noah just to be good role players. That's it. I think they are both capable of being that.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject:

Kind of depressing since the Knicks and the Lakers started the rebuild essentially at the same time. Except the big factor is they have melo but the lakers still had Kobe and pau

Last edited by 999 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject:

So when does this "we want Phil" start again?
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject:

And people here saying the dumbest things about Phil Jackson running the NYK FO.

The man made some decent moves. The only slip-up that I saw was the Triangle Offense setup and hiring the inexperienced Derek Fisher.

Come to talk about it, the Knicks are way ahead of the Lakers. I don't see the Lakers getting better in 5-10 years.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject:

Top 4 team in the east, but making Lebron crap in his pants....
Problem for them is they built their team on players who for the past couple of years have been injured a lot....
You can't really build that kind of team in the west and expect them to do much. Which is why our front office haven't tried. In the east its possible since the competition is wide open for the race for 2nd place and down.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

And why would their defense be great with Rose and Melo? Noah used to be great at chasing shooters by the 3, but not sure he can do now that with injuries he's had. I do think they will be very interesting if they stay healthy. I'm very curious to see how Melo does because my theory was Kobe simply needed players he can rely on in big moments to make right decisions, including scoring. With Porzingis(who if I remember is solid in clutch) and Rose, and definitely Noah he has guys to ease some pressure in the pretty still weak conference though the f'in Celtics took a step up with Horford.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: The Knicks willl be absolute monster

LakersNewEra wrote:
Rose
Lee
Melo
Noah
Porzingis

Their best player will be Porzingis. Look for him to average 18/12 or so. This is a team that can knock off the Cavs. Of course, a lot depends on Noah's and Rose's health but assuming they are healthy and decent, this team is amazing. Knicks dont need Noah and Rose to be their old self, to play like they did in their prime. Just being decent and providing that veteran leadership is enough. I'm telling you, this team is going places.
LeBron is (bleep) his pants facing this team. Lets see him get pas Melo easily. Lets se him save his energy on defense. Lets see him just bully his way to the paint with big Zing there.
And you know they have clutch shot makers. This team is built for the playoffs, built to win close games. Just like all of Phil's teams always were.

This is the way I look at it...you need to make a clutch stop? This is the first team you think of.

People are underestimating them just because the Knicks have been a laughing stock for a long time. They need Rose and Noah just to be good role players. That's it. I think they are both capable of being that.

I don't look at their team and get all hot and bothered like you do. The Knicks are taking a short-window approach by teaming a lot of 30-year-old players, and hoping some key guys overcome their injury issues.

Might work out, might not.

I don't see them as genuine contenders to come of the east. I think the Knicks would have done better by not being obsessed by names, but at Phil's age he'd probably rather roll than dice than worry about 3 years from now.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject:

If Rose and Noah are healthy, I see 2nd round of playoffs, I don't see them going further than that.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Essentially I see Knicks as great becauase I think Porzingis will be great.
He will be an all star, a guy averaging around 20-10 and arguably the best shotblocker in the NBA. I see Melo and everyone else as his supporting cast. But what a supporting cast it is. Thats my vision on the Knicks. It hinges of course on a lot of factors that may or may not happen, I get that. I personally see it working out. To suggest that Porzingis will be as good as I think, to assume Rose and Noah will be good role players isn't a big stretch at all.
Talent wise, they got it. East is easy except for the Cavs. They have clutch offense and defense and no team was built better to stop LeBron. Melo was always able to play well in matchups against LeBron
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject:

They will be a monster in -5 years. I'm excited
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Last time the Knicks made the playoffs, they signed Rasheed Wallace out of retirement and Baron Davis who got injured during their elimination game. Signing big names completely backfired on them.

But I do hope they do better this time around
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject:

They look good on paper but we all know how that goes. I'd like to see them finally get on track cuz it makes the NBA (especially the East) more exciting but Noah and Rose are both likely to miss about 20 games a piece. And Melo will probably shoot them out of about 5.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Even on paper that roster doesn't look as good as this past year's Bulls. This is what you shoot your wad for?
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Sure they would've. In 2007!
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject:

They've done well. Not like PJ has the patience to build a team from the ground up. He's trying to win now.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject:

I don't see how this team is a monster and expecting Porzingis to average 12 rebounds next year is kinda out there.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject:

They have good chance to make the playoffs. But Noah, Rose and Melo are not the players they used to be so I have teams like Pacers and Celtics ahead of them. Now if Rose, Noah and Melo can regain some percentage of their past ability, this team is scary.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The Knicks willl be absolute monster

activeverb wrote:

I don't look at their team and get all hot and bothered like you do. The Knicks are taking a short-window approach by teaming a lot of 30-year-old players, and hoping some key guys overcome their injury issues.

Reminds me a lot of the Nash, Howard, Kobe Lakers. I don't suspect it will be any more successful than that team was for the same reasons.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject:

I agree with those that talk concerns similar to the 2012 Lakers difference may be that team was both unhealthy (Dwight, Nash, Gasol) and also poor chemistry (Dwight and Kobe disliked each other poorly coached - Gasol/Howard hated MDA, too many guys that need or want touches)

In NY the health thing is exact same if not worse due to Rose's recent injury but the starting 5 is not old. I believe the starting 5s age will be 31, 21, 32, 30 and 27 - average of 27 years old. In LA average was a bit higher with Dwight 27, Pau 32, MWP 33, Kobe 34 and Nash 38 average age of 32.8 years. Chemistry wise not enough guys that liked to just catch and shoot off a ball dominant Kobe or Nash playing ball handling screen/roll PG. I think their team is much better in terms of egos, chemistry on the court and skill set blending. But I would not bet on them being healthy enough to win 50 games or be a playoff lock due to injury concerns.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject:

I think they're a 40-45 win team, with a really low floor due to injury concerns. I really liked the Lee signing, and hated the Rose acquisition. That dude is not a good basketball player anymore. High usage, low efficiency, and doesn't help you in any other aspect of the game. I also think this is a detrimental supporting cast for Porzingis, with one good passer in Noah. (although Melo got a lot better in this respect last year)

The key to their season is Noah's health. But I'd be surprised if they got beyond the first round either way.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject:

This Knicks team is not good. They might be better than the Lakers this year but they have very little youth and won't be a contender anytime soon. Porzingis hit a huge wall last year.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I think they're a 40-45 win team, with a really low floor due to injury concerns. I really liked the Lee signing, and hated the Rose acquisition. That dude is not a good basketball player anymore. High usage, low efficiency, and doesn't help you in any other aspect of the game. I also think this is a detrimental supporting cast for Porzingis, with one good passer in Noah. (although Melo got a lot better in this respect last year)

The key to their season is Noah's health. But I'd be surprised if they got beyond the first round either way.

That's the same thought I had, Porzingis is the real loser here.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Looks good on paper but otherwise, 4 out 5 of those players are past their primes. Porzingis is the only one with an upside and he'll have to pace himself considering he hit the rookie wall last year.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The Knicks willl be absolute monster

activeverb wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Rose
Lee
Melo
Noah
Porzingis

I don't see them as genuine contenders to come of the east. I think the Knicks would have done better by not being obsessed by names, but at Phil's age he'd probably rather roll than dice than worry about 3 years from now.

Think Phil put together this team so Melo can't say he didn't try. If they fail to do much in the playoffs, it won't be because he looked at the window 5 years in the future, he put together a roster of vets which has playoff experience.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Knicks summer league team lost 74-48 in their first game and then 81-49 in their second game. How's that 'system basketball' goink, Phil?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12
Jump to: