Are we still filling out roster or are we done

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lugo175
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Are we still filling out roster or are we done

wondering if we are still trying to see what's left in free agency
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject:

I think we still have some work to do...

These are the names that probably won't be here this upcoming season:
Young+Huertas+Sacre+MWP+Kelly+Bass = 6 Total.

Those that are here as of now for sure:
Russell+Clarkson+Ingram+Randle+Deng+Mozgov+Brown+NanceJr.+Zubac
Totals 9 Players on the Roster.

So I would say that we definitely have a lot more work to do! We need to add 6-7 more quality players to the Roster to be competitive and hopefully they will come through free agency or a legit S&T or Trade transaction.

Players we should consider in Free Agency IMO that's left are:
Point Guards: Ty Lawson or Jarrett Jack (Preferably Jack)
Shooting Guards: Brandon Rush (Former GSW could do well with Luke)
Small Forward: Allan Crabbe (would actually move him to the 2 spot)
Power Forward: Derrick Williams/Anthony Randolph (Randolph is a bit of a surprise, but he was pretty promising when he was on the Warriors had a ton of upside but just didn't fit, he's matured since being over seas. I think he would do well as the small ball 4/5 on this team. Williams would play the same roll and is due for a breakout season of basketball... Although he's 6'8 I can truly see him getting a ton of minutes as the small ball 4/5 ala Draymond Green.
Center: Ezeli would serve well in the same backup role as he seemingly did in GS. His minimal performance cost him some money so the Lakers or any team should get him on the cheap... well as cheap as you can in this NBA climate...

Yeah I'd say we have a ton of more work to do!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Did Bass sign somewhere else?

I would look to bring him back for 1 more year..

How many players are under contract?
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Would love it if we could grab Rush. Other than Young, there's no true swing-men on the roster.
ricojamie
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Are we still filling out roster or are we done

I doubt we are going to find anything significant at this point in Free Agency. However there will likely be a scenario in which we take somone on on for possible picks or just a salary dump I.E. Hibbert(2015) or Lin(2014)

lugo175 wrote:
wondering if we are still trying to see what's left in free agency
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject:

I remember reading somewhere that the Lakers are pretty much looking to have a completely new roster built around the young core. As of now I believe the core of the team is: Russell, Randle, Clarkson, Ingram, Nance Jr., Brown (Possibly) and Black. Everyone else would be shown the door.
Our veterans include: Williams, Deng and Mozgov.

If Bass doesn't sign elsewhere, we should keep him, he's a good solid Vet to have around and a new offense might suit him well. Without Bass that's a total of 10 Players and we still need 15 to round out the roster. So as I stated earlier, I believe we have a lot of work left to be done.

Rush would be a great pickup for us, his injury set him back a ways but he played well last year enough to get some run off the bench and provide a spark and keep leads. We need that on this team.
lugo175
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject:

rush, Williams
would be a nice add on's
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Well Rush is gone, surprised it's not Dallas who picked him up! The Wolves got a good role player, they would be a team that I would say closely resembles the Warriors so he should fit in well.
lugo175
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject:

Harkless
still there he's a nice piece to add maybe
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject:

I think there are a few good remaining free Agents that we should consider:

Point Guard:
Ty Lawson
- Still has some youth to his game and just needs another shot to prove himself. He got into some trouble which cause a bump in his career, but up until then he was fairly dominant at the guard position.

Mario Chalmers
- Chalmers has championship experience and knows how to run a team and get other players involved, he might work well in a rebuild situation.

Shooting Guard:

Small Forward:
I actually believe that we're set at this position. We go three deep with Deng, Ingram and Brown and we should be ok a this wing spot. I could actually see Brown or Ingram sliding over to the 2 for defensive assignment if necessary.

Power Forward:
Randle and Nance will have their hands full with other 4's in the West, but they should be productive.. I'd like to see us pick up a solid four here, but the answer might be on our summer league team.

Zach Auguste - Could honestly fill this spot on the roster. People have overlooked his ability to play in the post when he undoubtedly proved himself at Notre Dame and he's not doing a bad job in Summer League as well. He could be a hybrid 4/5 and be really productive as a hard-hat kind of player on this team.

Center:
Mozgov Zubloc and Black will man this position throughout the course of the year, however another 7 footer couldn't hurt. We could then slide Black over to the 4 spot if necessary.

I think in this style of offense to be an effective team you need HYBRID PLAYERS. Players who can play multiple positions, but you don't want to just add people for the sake of adding them, you want guys who can help out in the Locker room and mesh well with other players, guys who are unselfish.

Moe Harkless
Terrence Jones
JJ Hickson
Josh Smith

These guys all have similar qualities to their games, but moreover they are hybrid players who could be effective in this style of offense. It's all about Chemistry at the end of the day. Can everyone work together on the court and get along.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: