Another death by officer in Falcon Heights, MN
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Another death by officer in Falcon Heights, MN

Aftermath of Falcon Heights officer-involved shooting captured on phone video
The man, identified by relatives as a St. Paul schools employee, died at HCMC, according to an uncle. The shooting followed a traffic stop near Larpenteur Avenue and Fry Street.

Quote:
The girlfriend says the officer “asked him for license and registration. He told him that it was in his wallet, but he had a pistol on him because he’s licensed to carry. The officer said don’t move. As he was putting his hands back up, the officer shot him in the arm four or five times.”

The video shows a uniformed police officer holding a pistol on the couple from outside the car. The officer can be heard to say, “I told him not to reach for it. I told him to get his hand out.”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The 10-minute video shows the girlfriend being ordered from her car by several police officers, one of whom is holding a girl, presumed to be the girlfriend’s 4-year-old daughter. The woman was put in the back of a squad car in handcuffs.

“Please don’t tell me my boyfriend’s gone,” the girlfriend pleads. ”He don’t deserve this, please. He works for St. Paul Public Schools. He’s never been in jail, anything. He’s not a gang member, anything.”

Another cop will get paid vacation while people defend the death of this innocent man.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Yeah that (bleep) was crazy.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Just watched the video. Crazy.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Brutal. Now just imagine all those shootings in the past that weren't captured on video.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Brutal. Now just imagine all those shootings in the past that weren't captured on video.

And where the paper work doesn't match the actual event. See Michael Slager.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Officer knew he messed up. Sounds like he was crying.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject:

They're trigger fingers are twitching. I know the job of a cop is stressful but damn, some of this aggression, especially at black folks, is highly unnecessary.

Dude had no priors, clean cut and we gotta wait for Fox News to try and find a photo of him slangin' crack or something. Kinda like how they did Alton. Couldn't wait to throw up his mugshot instead of the other pics that's floating around.

My wife came home crying because it could have been myself or my sons or my pops. We're already in the process of duel citizenship.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject:

>be black
>sit in car
>provide credentials
>licensed concealed carry
>get shot

Last edited by Huey Lewis & The News on Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Fox News to try and find a photo of him slangin' crack or something

Not gonna happen. He was the cafeteria supervisor at a Montessori school. Their thorough background check will make sure that you can't work there if you have a goofy record. The guy was 100% law abiding, clean, and obtained a lawful gun license. He was as John Q. Public as a person could be.

Now he's a cadaver.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject:

Incredibly sad.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Fox News to try and find a photo of him slangin' crack or something

Not gonna happen. He was the cafeteria supervisor at a Montessori school. Their thorough background check will make sure that you can't work there if you have a goofy record. The guy was 100% law abiding, clean, and obtained a lawful gun license. He was as John Q. Public as a person could be.

Now he's a cadaver.

NRA will still keep mum about this.

America is telling black people they've had it too good for too long. It's payback time.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject:

The girlfriend's demeanor on the video was very strange. She's extremely calm for having just had bullets fired into her vehicle with, with her daughter sitting in the backseat, and isn't even comforting her dying boyfriend next to her.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
The girlfriend's demeanor on the video was very strange. She's extremely calm for having just had bullets fired into her vehicle with, with her daughter sitting in the backseat, and isn't even comforting her dying boyfriend next to her.

Strange indeed...probably shock. Near the end of the video, she breaks down while they have her and her daughter caged in the back of a police car.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
They're trigger fingers are twitching. I know the job of a cop is stressful but damn, some of this aggression, especially at black folks, is highly unnecessary.

Dude had no priors, clean cut and we gotta wait for Fox News to try and find a photo of him slangin' crack or something. Kinda like how they did Alton. Couldn't wait to throw up his mugshot instead of the other pics that's floating around.

My wife came home crying because it could have been myself or my sons or my pops. We're already in the process of duel citizenship.

I keep telling myself that too, but I also know how duplicitous police officers act. They actively profile. In upper middle-class neighborhoods the police are always respectful, even nice. In lower-class neighborhoods, they're an absolute terror. Is it skin color? Expectations of violence? Contempt for those living in substandard conditions? I don't know, but I've seen it first hand.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Not strange at all. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for reality to truly set in and for emotion to hit you.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
In upper middle-class neighborhoods the police are always respectful, even nice. In lower-class neighborhoods, they're an absolute terror. Is it skin color? Expectations of violence? Contempt for those living in substandard conditions? I don't know, but I've seen it first hand.

I know this to be true. Huge difference between the police in Norwalk where I grew up and the police in the Yorba Linda/Anaheim Hills area where I live now. The campus police at CSULB are similar. I go to Hollywood for a rehearsal and it's like I'm back in Norwalk again.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

I keep telling myself that too, but I also know how duplicitous police officers act. They actively profile. In upper middle-class neighborhoods the police are always respectful, even nice. In lower-class neighborhoods, they're an absolute terror. Is it skin color? Expectations of violence? Contempt for those living in substandard conditions? I don't know, but I've seen it first hand.

I think it's a mixture of all those. I think many American's, not just cops, associate the poor, violent, lazy class as being strictly minority.

But why are these cops so scared for their lives all the time? Why are they so aggressively policing the most minor crap, like selling cigarettes or CD's on the street?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject:

Gotta find video, link corrupted

Last edited by non-player zealot on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Strange indeed...probably shock. Near the end of the video, she breaks down while they have her and her daughter caged in the back of a police car.

I'm amazed at her composure, though it might have just been shock. You can even see the cop aiming his firearm at her dying boyfriend, through the passenger side window. She's calm, and yet it is the cop screaming hysterically at her, all the while ready to start pumping more rounds into the car.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Not strange at all. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for reality to truly set in and for emotion to hit you.

She had little daughter with her. At that point, you're just trying not to make your baby an orphan.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

Just so sickening. Can't believe this keeps happening again and again. I can't watch the videos any more, it's just too much.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

The police officer also had his gun still pointed at them in the car even after he shot. She feared she was next if she even moved or made a commotion.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

The police officer also had his gun still pointed at them in the car even after he shot. She feared she was next if she even moved or made a commotion.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that as more and more of these incidents get caught on camera phone, the next wave we will see is people being shot for taking video in hopes of securing phones and eliminating evidence. She could easily have been shot and the officer could simply have said in the chaos he thought she had a gun (though I guess in this case, it being a live feed, such a thing would have backfired, but still).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject:

Ive said it 1000 times - you cant effectively police black people when youre afraid of black people. It just wont work.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: