Get A Grip People.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Kobe carried the offense? wow you really are delusional. I love Kobe and he had some great flash back games, but he was a liability for most of the season. Took a lot of three's and shot a very low percentage. Couldn't stay in front of anyone. Our offense was so predictable with just Kobe iso after Kobe iso. We get much better having someone like Deng who won't stagnant our offense and will be able to stay in front of guys as well as the versatility with being able to play multiple positions.

Also lol at us having more of a starting rotation than the other teams. We literally have ONE guy who will likely be a starter for us. Russell and that's it. With his wrist injury Nance Jr. will almost certainly be a backup to Julius. Zubac will probably be a third string center and Ingram is not ready to supplant Deng. We have no more of a starting rotation than the Sixers do and even if we did so what if they had struggled? They haven't played together can you not get that through your head? How long have you watched basketball? Teams don't just start playing together and start dominating. Who the hell said we are as good as the Warriors? They're the best team in the league. What people are saying is their system that we are likely to run here will best utilize the players we have and their respective skill sets.

As for Russell yes he has a lot to learn, but playing with better players with no doubt lead to better decisions because he'll have players capable of I don't know making some shots, cutting hard, and we have the ability to take the able out of Russell's hands and let Clarkson facilitate the offense. There will be growing pains, we'll blow games, but the veterans we added and the improvement of our young guys throughout the year and playing for Luke should lead to at least 10-15 more wins this season.

How is Phoenix better? They have nothing outside of Booker. The Heat? Please Bosh will probably never play again and they've pretty much lost all their key players outside of Whiteside and Dragic. Yeah the Kings will be their mediocre selves which will probably be right around 30 wins so I see no reason why the Lakers can't do the same. Basing all this off one summer league loss is ridiculous, but go ahead keep freaking out over one meaningless exhibition game where we're missing like seven rotation quality players.

The Sixers had one starter on the floor and he doesn't even have NBA conditioning at this time. Nance is already in the starting rotation because Randle can't actually jump for a rebound, or to contest a shot. Although boxing out is his strength, we have no one else to grab the damn board so, his one strength on defense is less useful to us. Our depth chart essentially has three third stringers at C, making Zubac part of the starting rotation, if only vicariously. Ingram isn't as physically ready as I thought, so the 24-win potential may have been optimistic on my part. We aren't the 2009 Thunder.

Deng has had an elite playmaker by his side since 2009. Rose, Irving, and Wade. Now D'Angelo will be the main ballhandler, that will make Deng less effective. Clarkson isn't a playmaker, he's Monta Ellis at best, he hardly ever gets an assist. Randle can't go right, he'll either be going right next year or right to the bench. Mozgov will not help our spacing, and completely fell out of the rotation last year. Channing Frye went from playing 10 minutes on Orlando to completely taking Mozgov's minutes, before falling out of the rotation himself.

Kobe shot 39% overall and 32% on threes after 12/7. All this as a high usage player on a mess of a team. In the games he missed, or stunk up, the Lakers almost always looked like (bleep). The wins without Kobe were pathetic, and all at Staples. Luke is a better coach but the offense is missing key ingredients, and we don't have enough shooting to mask our awful defense or lack of playmaking.

The team is on the right track though, and should have a 56-63% chance of drafting another key piece. Need a playmaking guard ASAP, and Westbrook would'nt come/stay anyway.

Edit: two starters for Philly. Jerami Grant and Ben Simmons. Stauskas fell out of the starting rotation as did TJ McConnell.

Last edited by Laker_Dynasty_01 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
lakershead22
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject:

I have always kept my expectations in check. I am not calling for anyone's head just because the Lakers lost a summer league game. The coaching staff will analyze and make adjustments. I really liked what I saw the past 3 games and the first half of last game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject:

And this is SPL.

everyone says they're all about the rebuild except when they see how painful it is to stake our hopes in guys who aren't able to buy a beer yet or are barely there.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:

Lol at the notion of the guys needing some rest. First thought into my head was Ben Simmons. Didn't play in the tournament, missed half the SL games, but needs rest at 19 years old
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if there was a party Wednesday night or a hard practice, but nobody had their legs in that game after the break. They were lucky to get the ball to the rim on shots. No effort on D. Slow to the ball.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject:

I agree with those who say we're going to start out sloppy, vets notwithstandng. It takes a while to get an offense down solid, as it does to learn passable team defense for those who did not get a solid foundation in college.

That said, I disagree with predictions we're not winning 30+ games. I think by the time we hit All-Star break we're going to be about even with the lower tier playoff teams. 37 wins is my guess, with a good portion of them coming after ASB.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: