Mason and Ireland on First Take killing The Lakers (update youtube video)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cookies & Cream
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject:

AVoiceInTheCrowd wrote:
It makes absolutely no sense in trading for Westbrook even if he would resign.

He isn't going to age well. He relies on his freakish athleticism. He is turning 28 in November. In 4 years, he won't be an elite player anymore. That's too small a window for the Lakers to put together a good enough team to try to challenge for a ring, if you trade away your 2 most promising players.

Come on man, not wanting to trade too many assets for him is one thing, but saying that Westbrook isn't going to age well and that we don't need him is just wrong.

Yes, he relies on his freakish athleticism, but that's the main reason why he's such a dominating force right now, other elite athletes look too slow and too weak compared to him, Westbrook even came back stronger than ever after being injured, it's not wise to compare him to other players, because only LeBron has that level of athleticism in the league and we all can see that he's not slowing down at all, even though many were saying that he will decline.

I'm all for trading for Westbrook now if he becomes available, if not, that's fine, we'll get him in free agency, i love all our young players, but trading some of them and securing bird rights on Russ will be major step in our path of getting back to the top, getting him via trade means that we'll still have enough flexibility to open up cap space next summer and go after someone like Blake Griffin who is very likely to change teams in LA if we already have RW on our roster.

That being said, i also fully understand all our fans who don't want to make any move right now and who are willing to wait for the free agency, i believe we can get Russ when he becomes FA, the only thing that can mess up that plan is if he gets traded this season to some team where he's comfortable enough to stay a lil bit longer, especially considering that team trading for him will obtain his bird rights, so they would be able to offer him 40 millions more than any other possible suitor, that little detail can be very important, because players want to be paid.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Mason is a tool who's just trying to be famous.

I don't mind Ireland, but he really needs to do more homework He made a few mistakes in the summer league games. Granted, they're summer league, but you would expect him to know simple things like the Cavs won the title and not the Warriors.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Title of the thread should be: Mason and Ireland are acting like idiots again, this time on First Take.

You're right. Ireland needs to do homework. I don't know how a guy who's been around basketball for so long can be so obtuse about it.

And Mason? This guy takes the cake. To be fair, I think he takes moronic viewpoints for the ratings. Since he knows it'll upset the fans. Hmm. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit and he really is an imbecile. He's the type of guy that puts all stock in numbers... especially advanced numbers and nothing else. The guy who never watches the game but loves to look at box scores.

Trudell is the only guy that makes the espn lineup bearable when it comes to Lakers.
Kobe_MJ_Fan_No_1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject:

Idk what the problem is I would trade Ingram in a heart beat for Westbrook ... You get Westbrook's bird rights which means you can go over the cap to resign him as oppose to eating up precious cap to sign him as a FA.

Ingram is too raw... He is going I struggle at first because he is slightly slow footed and clearly undersized. He cannot create for himself in summer league.

Russell Westbrook is ready to go now.

Also, d'Angelo Russell has to work on being less sloppy. At this point Simmons is a much better ball handler and passer.

I would trade Randle for a legit center like DMC ... Nerlans...
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject:

Kobe_MJ_Fan_No_1 wrote:
Idk what the problem is I would trade Ingram in a heart beat for Westbrook ... You get Westbrook's bird rights which means you can go over the cap to resign him as oppose to eating up precious cap to sign him as a FA.

Ingram is too raw... He is going I struggle at first because he is slightly slow footed and clearly undersized. He cannot create for himself in summer league.

Also, d'Angelo Russell has to work on being less sloppy. At this point Simmons is a much better ball handler and passer.

Westbrook and a bunch of kids aren't winning (bleep) and still might not make the playoffs.
alexamerling43
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Ingram and Russell should be absolutely untouchable. Mason is a clown. I don't mind Ireland though.
alexamerling43
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_MJ_Fan_No_1 wrote:

Glad you aren't our GM.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Honestly 710 has been in the toilet for some time now but the Mason and Ireland show takes the cake. They do a "fast track" segment where they literally just ask each other questions (how exciting!!). Ireland routinely gets Laker related facts wrong, whether it be the year something happened or the player in question. mason is usually pretty pro/laker but I think he's just super anti-jim buss. At any rate, they're both pushing 60 so hopefully they're off the air soon

I'm sure Mase will get a kick out of this one. Are they beginning to sound like somewhat like Doug Krikorian? Old men shooting the breeze? They ought to do a Take Tape segment like the late Chet Forte used to do and wax nostalgic of days gone by.

Mason's peak was somewhere between the morning drive show with Ireland/Jeanne "Judy" Zelasko back on Xtra 690 and the Mudhens show with Schwartz. He's been descending ever since and they're just mailing it in now. There was a time when they had a bit more creativity with listeners, like having them come up with a crazy list of items (not limited to getting Dr. Laura Schlissinger on tape) for a Superbowl giveaway in their Scavenger Hunt. They are now as interesting as Lee "Hacksaw" Hamilton's old shoe.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject:

alexamerling43 wrote:
Kobe_MJ_Fan_No_1 wrote:

Glad you aren't our GM.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Such nonsense. Jerry West is the reason the Warriors have Durant now apparently, not the 73 wins or Curry and Klay, but the old guy Durant never even saw play... idiot.

Why do you think they won 73 games?

Because they drafted Curry, Thompson, and Green. lol

To be fair. West stood in the way when other high ups in GS wanted to trade Klay and Barnes for Kevin Love.

Yes we heard that, but we also hear Steve Kerr and one of their owners opposed to that deal too. I am not saying having West is a bad thing just thought i would point out that drafting good and being patient also pays off.

And their fans booed the owner, Joe Lacob, about 4 years or so ago at a Chris Mullin tribute which shows they were just as clueless as many of our fans are now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: