OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Quote:
Larry Nance Jr ‏@Larrydn22 9m9 minutes ago
Now I gotta learn how to catch Pokemon with my left hand 🤔

Me realizing the Lakers young core is playing Pokemon Go and somehow I'm not

This whole feeling that you're experiencing right now gets much, much worse as you get older, my friend.

In a few years you're going to realize that you belong to an entirely different generation than the new guys coming in, and that's a pretty strange feeling.

/high fives GT

40 is the new 30 homie!

What is 50....60?
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject:

umanasibo wrote:
Awesome news!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Thank God he has not broke his hand!!
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Happy to hear! Whew. Let's go Larry!
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Ooh sigh of relief!
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject:

This dude even kicks ass at taking xrays. What a stud
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Glad it wasn't something worse
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Good news

Preseason activated
Alexisonfire26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject:

So glad it turned out to be more minor than we thought. It look pretty nasty. Great news!

Lakers, Rams, Giants, UCLA, Galaxy, Everton, USMNT
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Quote:
Larry Nance Jr ‏@Larrydn22 9m9 minutes ago
Now I gotta learn how to catch Pokemon with my left hand 🤔

Me realizing the Lakers young core is playing Pokemon Go and somehow I'm not

This whole feeling that you're experiencing right now gets much, much worse as you get older, my friend.

In a few years you're going to realize that you belong to an entirely different generation than the new guys coming in, and that's a pretty strange feeling.

I'm 27 coaching jv/varsity and all of my players think I'm 70. I'll bring up the lakers 3peat years then realize they were about 1-2 years old at the time.

For the first time in my life I'm experiencing being the old guy, quite odd.
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject:

I am become relief
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ITS JUST A SPRAINNN!!!!!!!!!! YESSSS!!! MOOD LEVEL UP

https://twitter.com/lakers/status/754079711668543488

#blessup

Damn this brotha heals like Wolverine!

#BannersOverBillboards
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Geesh I couldn't believe that he only sprained his wrist. That was a huge sigh of relief from me when I saw the news.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject:

The summer league pick a card game;

Card - If you were a superhero, what would be your superpower?

LNJr - Invisibility… I can already fly... That's too cocky, I'm sorry.

!!!
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject:

great (long) Larry Nance interview: http://www.basketballinsiders.com/podcast-larry-nance-jr-talks-all-things-lakers/

Quote:
Basketball Insiders’ Alex Kennedy and L.A. Lakers’ Larry Nance Jr. discuss his rookie season, offseason workouts, Kobe Bryant’s final game, excitement about the Lakers’ additions, what to expect under head coach Luke Walton and much more.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Larry Nance, Jr. says the Lakers have ‘really come together’ both on and off the court

Quote:
"We've really come together both on the court and off the court,” said Nance, Jr. “Just learning each other's play type, playing in pick up games, two-on-two, one-on-one, three-on-three, and just kind of getting a feel for each other this offseason.

But it’s not just on the court where Nance, Jr. says he, D’Angelo Russell, Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson, Anthony Brown, and Brandon Ingram are developing chemistry.

“I think off the court is really where we've improved,” said Nance, Jr. “We do a lot of team dinners, team building stuff like that to where I think all of us are comfortable enough to call another one and just say 'hey what's up, let's go grab something to eat' or 'let's go hit the golf course' or something like that. It's a very good relationship we all have with each other, and I think we're all geared up to be around each other for the next couple years."

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/8/2/12364680/la-lakers-larry-nance-jr-podcast-chemistry-dangelo-russell-nick-young
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for posting. I listened to the whole interview and it was very insightful. One thing that stood out to me was he never really mentioned Tariq black as part of the young core. He also mentioned that he wanted to play alongside Randle and also zubac with no mention of Tariq there either. I think that's very telling!

Also liked that he cleared up the Dlo trust rumors as well.

He is comfortable defending 3's, 4's and 5's. That's huge, may also be why he doesn't see Tariq as part of the core.

Sees himself and Julius playing the dramon role.

Man this interview got me excited
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Oh and he also mentioned that he didn't know half of the playbook going into his rookie season. To me he's saying that he's already familiar with most of the play book. Interesting stuff..
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Larry Nance, Jr. says the Lakers have ‘really come together’ both on and off the court

Quote:
"We've really come together both on the court and off the court,” said Nance, Jr. “Just learning each other's play type, playing in pick up games, two-on-two, one-on-one, three-on-three, and just kind of getting a feel for each other this offseason.

But it’s not just on the court where Nance, Jr. says he, D’Angelo Russell, Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson, Anthony Brown, and Brandon Ingram are developing chemistry.

“I think off the court is really where we've improved,” said Nance, Jr. “We do a lot of team dinners, team building stuff like that to where I think all of us are comfortable enough to call another one and just say 'hey what's up, let's go grab something to eat' or 'let's go hit the golf course' or something like that. It's a very good relationship we all have with each other, and I think we're all geared up to be around each other for the next couple years."

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/8/2/12364680/la-lakers-larry-nance-jr-podcast-chemistry-dangelo-russell-nick-young

I read Portland had players doing the same thing last summer that made them come together as a team, hopefully this is a trend for the Lakers next year as far as positive results.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm seriously surprised at how candid he was at essentially exposing how toxic the environment was under Byron's watch, likening it to a (bleep) office with a bunch of people who clearly didn't even want to be there. It's something I would have expected out of DLo, but not someone as well-spoken and savvy as Larry. Really leads one to imagine just how bad it must have been. All things considered, it's no wonder the team played so poorly.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
I'm seriously surprised at how candid he was at essentially exposing how toxic the environment was under Byron's watch, likening it to a (bleep) office with a bunch of people who clearly didn't even want to be there. It's something I would have expected out of DLo, but not someone as well-spoken and savvy as Larry. Really leads one to imagine just how bad it must have been. All things considered, it's no wonder the team played so poorly.

He technically didn't say anything bad about the lakers enviornment last season. He worded his answers pretty well, actually. He talked about how great the team chemistry is now and how good it was to work in that type of enviornment As opposed to a bad working enviornment. obviously as fans who followed the situation closely we can read further into what he said accurately, but you can't say he bad mouthed last seasons team or coach.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:31 am    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:
great (long) Larry Nance interview: http://www.basketballinsiders.com/podcast-larry-nance-jr-talks-all-things-lakers/

Quote:
Basketball Insiders’ Alex Kennedy and L.A. Lakers’ Larry Nance Jr. discuss his rookie season, offseason workouts, Kobe Bryant’s final game, excitement about the Lakers’ additions, what to expect under head coach Luke Walton and much more.

Is the entire thing with him? 45 min is way too long lol
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject:

Larry Nance, Jr. is impressed with Lakers rookies Brandon Ingram and Ivica Zubac

Quote:
one thing was made clear in Larry Nance, Jr.’s appearance on the Basketball Insiders podcast on Tuesday, it’s that the sophomore forward could not be more pleased with the Los Angeles Lakers’ offseason. He’s enjoying working with his fellow young players, the team’s new head coach and free agency additions, as well as being pretty high on the team’s new rookies, Brandon Ingram and Ivica Zubac.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/8/2/12366046/la-lakers-larry-nance-jr-impressed-brandon-ingram-ivica-zubac
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:07 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Thanks for posting. I listened to the whole interview and it was very insightful. One thing that stood out to me was he never really mentioned Tariq black as part of the young core. He also mentioned that he wanted to play alongside Randle and also zubac with no mention of Tariq there either. I think that's very telling!

He is comfortable defending 3's, 4's and 5's. That's huge, may also be why he doesn't see Tariq as part of the core.

Ugh.

With that kind of enormous, unnecessary reaching you might as well apply for an ESPN job so you can get paid for it. They thoroughly appreciate that kind of talent.

SN: Tarik*
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Stop reaching.

Maybe I'm reaching, but I doubt it. That would mean that I think subjectively, or have some sort of hidden agenda that influences my decision making. I simply analyze the facts given to me and come to the most logical decision possible. I can give you further evidence to help you connect the dots if you would like....

Zubac gets a garunteed contract right out of the gate, while Tariq is still signing one year deals. Maybe I'm reaching here as well but it seems like the lakers are a lot higher on zubac than Tariq.

Just judging apples to apples, zubacs Summer league performance trumps Tariq's time in the summer league. Maybe I'm reaching when I assume that makes him a better player at an even younger age as well?

We have seen Larry nance and Julius Randle play small ball center over the last year, more recently summer league with Larry. Larry has said on multiple occasions that he would like to play next to Julius Randle, and in this interview he says that he and zubac would make a great defensive front court for the lakers bench.

Larry, Julius, and Ingram are all first round picks that need minutes to develop. Loul deng is absolutely a rotation player, so we can assume that the 3/4 positions are locked, right? No minutes left, so how are we going to get both Julius Randle, and Larry nance minutes? Well, if we plan on playing gsw style basketball we need someone to fill that draymon green role and play small ball center, right? So we have minutes for them at small ball center, they can both rebound and run the break. Draymon.

If I'm correct, that means Tariq is buried in the rotation, on a 1 year deal, and fighting for playing time against players that are more talented than himself (nance, Randle, zubac) his only saving grace is that he's more experienced than zubac and that may buy him some minutes to start the season 10-15 mpg but I doubt it since zubac looks like he can handle them right out of the gate.

I'm not trying to be biased, or a hater, I'm just searching for facts. nance seems like a very bright, and honest young guy. He just tells it how it is and I'm sure his view is also influenced by what he's been hearing from the coaching staff.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 111 of 221
Jump to: