LAKERS -VS- CAVS – 7-14-16 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject:

IPhilKobe wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
iceberg01 wrote:
Ultimately, I think Russell is a combo guard who will be capable of having good assist games, much like James Harden is. But IMO, even though he's still young, the fact that he's in his 2nd year and struggling in his playmaking against D-league talent doesn't bode well for his future as a "pure" type PG.
I wouldn't read a lot into going against D-League talent. When you are learning a new offense as a team, playmaking isn't going to be smooth no matter who you are up against. That's why it's important for ALL these young guys to get reps in this. Guys need to know where to move off ball and when. The guards need to know what they can and can't do. Once you add more experience not just for DLO but experience around him, we will be doing less stupid stuff on court as a unit.
Yes and No regarding a PG

In the Dubs' system, BBallBreakdown showed how their offense is more efficient when Curry is not starting the offense. It is more about how to best utilize DLO/JC's strengths

Simmons' ability to get assists, when compared to DLO, is illuminating. Results also showed that DLO is a much better scorer

DLO's ability to not shutdown D Leaguers should be monitored
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject:

I felt Simmons had better court vision than Russell which was surprising to me as I had been watching sport science and Ohio state ball English highlights.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: