56+ Civilians killed in US airstrike in Syria

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: 56+ Civilians killed in US airstrike in Syria

The US military is reviewing an airstrike or airstrikes in northern Syria that a leading human rights group alleges has killed 56 civilians, among them 11 children.

The aerial bombing, termed a “massacre” by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) on Tuesday, occurred near Manbij, an area where US proxy forces are engaged in a fierce fight to oust the Islamic State militant group (Isis).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/20/us-airstrike-allegedly-kills-56-civilians-in-northern-syria

Such a mess. Prayers and Love to all those affected. God Bless.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject:

Though difficult to stomach war comes with the atrocities of collateral damage.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject:

I still dont get why the US is still bent on getting Assad out of power. If that government collapses ISIS will have free reign in that area
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I still dont get why the US is still bent on getting Assad out of power. If that government collapses ISIS will have free reign in that area

Why Bashar Assad Won’t Fight ISIS

LINK
I believe they already have free reign.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like Hillary is responsible.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Who was it in GOP that says they want to carpet bomb ISIS? They are terrorist who will hide in civilians with human shield. You indiscriminately bomb civilians their orphan children will be the next generation of US enemies.

Sending troops on the ground even worse idea. How many hundreds of billions wasted in Afghan and Iraq war. And lives lost. It's not easy to tackle terrorist organization like some want to believe.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

No!! Where's the blame it on Obama crowd?

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like we just created more terrorists

If your bomb kills my mother and children I am not going to forgive you just because your conscience can label the deaths of my family as "collateral damage"
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject:

And yet no news coverage.

This is really just as bad as terrorism.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
And yet no news coverage.

This is really just as bad as terrorism.

How do you think we have gotten away with this "war" .. Name one country we bomb that has a news channel in the US or any other country besides their own?

Seen any TV from Iraq or Afghanistan lately?

Americans trust their politicians to kill the actual bad guys...
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject:

War blows but it'll never end.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject:

The Middle East is what it is. I don't condone bombing civilians but unfortunately many of the bad guys hide among the citizens and once in a while it could go bad.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

I think we all agree that Bush is to blame for the creation of ISIS. He invaded Iraq without cause and threw Saddam out of power. Saddam although an evil person kept terrorists out of Iraq.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I think we all agree that Bush is to blame for the creation of ISIS. He invaded Iraq without cause and threw Saddam out of power. Saddam although an evil person kept terrorists out of Iraq.

Only half true.

Bush destabilized the region, but we armed them after he was out of office. They are the "freedom fighters" the Obama administration armed against Assad in the Syrian Civil War.

So, the blame lies on both of our most recent administrations. We just can't keep our nose out of the Middle East.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

20% of us haven't seen red dawn

but tell us all

If Afghanistan or Iraq, who have suffered casualties above 100,000 each.. , started bombing your neighborhood because they were going to overthrow the US Govt who has been murdering their citizens for nearly 30 years...

^^^ they bomb joe patriot who they know is plotting to attack them.. but in doing so they kill your beautiful loving peaceful kind daughter and mother and elderly grandmother in the process...

connect to those we let our government kill in mine and your name..

Sometimes when I really take a BIG step back from
Culture
Politics
Society
Socioeconomic
Racial
etc etc///

and stop dividing each of us into little tiny categories.. mine being the largest obviously..

but really though.. humans don't think much at all really.. at least about the REAL STUFF.. other dead humans.. oh.. OH>> lol.. in another country. we have decided is a "axis of evil" WTF.. human lives are now evil and so we can kill 100,000 plus in EACH Afghanistan and Iraq.. lol

Evolution was hijacked by capitolitics ... we took a BIG wrong turn... 7 BILLION of us.. lmao.. all bowing to the capitalists who rape this planet (aka GOD) for dollars and enslave the unmotivated to help push their (bleep) on the tiny little minds of humans

I had a friend who I respect tremendously tell me something I cant forget

He said.. if you want to do something good for you Brother or Sister.. HEAL THE PLANET... .

Look at us stunted geniuses at NASA.. lmao... searching how to inhabit other planets while not even respecting the one we currently inhabit

*****why did I create the education thread.... those who are really in charge want your precious children to be their financial and patriotic slaves... don't ever doubt that..

Separateness is the goal of Power... look next to you and you see a mirror.. we have to share this planet without separation.. what is that saying

"Truth is stranger than fiction..."

There is a better stream of human evolution. You just have to blind out anything other than your heart, which is always seeking to connect with others..

I know.. purely.. y'all hate me sometimes.,. but this life these 7 billion are living is a joke..

We MUST understand the only God you really have.,. you stand on .. eat from breathe from drink from piss on and (bleep) on..

I wonder if JFK were a wiccan would he have said "Ask not what your planet can do for you but ask what you can do for your planet?"

I should stop.. just sharing from my heart.. I Love us all.. only we can prevent hate.... ranger rick or who.. lol

We must solve the illnesses that suffer our "SPECIES" ;)
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject:

People predominantly from Russia, Poland and thereabouts (collectively, Ashkenazim with little, if any, credible resemblance to ANY of the indigenous populations in the Middle East), along with many similar immigrants from Brooklyn ... all of whom propagate an unprovable fairy tale that posits an intrinsically offensive view; to wit, that their earthly interests are plainly superior to those of everyone else (i.e., the "chosen people" mantra) ... having benefited from an evergreen (and massive) qualitative military edge courtesy of their Western sponsors for over 60 years ... continue to fight with the indigenous people over a (bleep) desert surrounded by vast economic treasure of the natural resource variety ... what could possibly go wrong? But in reality, what a (bleep) mess over there ...

As for the notion of collateral damage ... it really only fits the term when those behind the actions genuinely give a (bleep) ... in this case, we've long since passed the point where the individuals at Central Command actually care that innocents are slaughtered as a direct consequence of their actions. This is an Animal Farm world they live in, after all. All humans are equal, but some humans are more equal than others. American Exceptionalism and that ...
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
20% of us haven't seen red dawn

but tell us all

If Afghanistan or Iraq, who have suffered casualties above 100,000 each.. , started bombing your neighborhood because they were going to overthrow the US Govt who has been murdering their citizens for nearly 30 years...

^^^ they bomb joe patriot who they know is plotting to attack them.. but in doing so they kill your beautiful loving peaceful kind daughter and mother and elderly grandmother in the process...

connect to those we let our government kill in mine and your name..

Sometimes when I really take a BIG step back from
Culture
Politics
Society
Socioeconomic
Racial
etc etc///

and stop dividing each of us into little tiny categories.. mine being the largest obviously..

but really though.. humans don't think much at all really.. at least about the REAL STUFF.. other dead humans.. oh.. OH>> lol.. in another country. we have decided is a "axis of evil" what the heck.. human lives are now evil and so we can kill 100,000 plus in EACH Afghanistan and Iraq.. lol

Evolution was hijacked by capitolitics ... we took a BIG wrong turn... 7 BILLION of us.. lmao.. all bowing to the capitalists who assault this planet (aka GOD) for dollars and enslave the unmotivated to help push their (bleep) on the tiny little minds of humans

I had a friend who I respect tremendously tell me something I cant forget

He said.. if you want to do something good for you Brother or Sister.. HEAL THE PLANET... .

Look at us stunted geniuses at NASA.. lmao... searching how to inhabit other planets while not even respecting the one we currently inhabit

*****why did I create the education thread.... those who are really in charge want your precious children to be their financial and patriotic slaves... don't ever doubt that..

Separateness is the goal of Power... look next to you and you see a mirror.. we have to share this planet without separation.. what is that saying

"Truth is stranger than fiction..."

There is a better stream of human evolution. You just have to blind out anything other than your heart, which is always seeking to connect with others..

I know.. purely.. y'all hate me sometimes.,. but this life these 7 billion are living is a joke..

We MUST understand the only God you really have.,. you stand on .. eat from breathe from drink from piss on and (bleep) on..

I wonder if JFK were a wiccan would he have said "Ask not what your planet can do for you but ask what you can do for your planet?"

I should stop.. just sharing from my heart.. I Love us all.. only we can prevent hate.... ranger rick or who.. lol

We must solve the illnesses that suffer our "SPECIES"

I don't hate you man. Not even sometimes. Your "Axis of Evil" point was a little off though. If you're referring to the Bush administrations (idiotic, fear mongering and propagandized) comments toward Iraq, Iran and NK. That was aimed at their leaders. Not their civilians. Unfortunately, (to your point) it worked toward the latter.

I can keep going, but I'll just leave by citing something you said that hit home with me, and I like to think about on my own more times that not. That being, "take a BIG step back". It really helps put the world in perspective. Not politically, but ethically. We can still be a great nation and be individually ethical at the same time.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

This is one thought. The other is that the civil war in Syria will never end, with so many of its citizens against Assad, until Assad leaves.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
999 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Only half true.

Bush destabilized the region, but we armed them after he was out of office. They are the "freedom fighters" the Obama administration armed against Assad in the Syrian Civil War.

So, the blame lies on both of our most recent administrations. We just can't keep our nose out of the Middle East.

The IS are not the real freedom fighters. There are many, many, many different groups fighting, mainly against Assad, in Syria. The freedom fighters armed by the US, never had much success, and as they were being defeated by Assad, they retreated. Some dispersed or joined other groups, including the IS. So, just as with arming the freedom fighters (the Mujahideen) in Afghanistan, some of the weapons fell into the hands of others and the more radical of the terrorist groups.

But the largest cache of weapons that the IS procured, Humvees, tanks, machine guns, and ammunition, came when the Iraqi army turned and ran as a much smaller ISIS force invaded Mosul.

Now that the region is broken by Bush's folly, the IS exist. When Malaki and he signed the deal to leave Iraq (as Bush ducked that shoe), as the people of Iraq, and their Parliament were adamantly tired of the US and wanted us out, the temporary peace provided by 150,000+ American troops (and payment to the tribal lords to maintain local peace) was sure to end, and it did. We were invited back in, this time not to invade, but to help the country we decimated regain the regions lost.

We can either ignore the IS in the region, have a full all-out assault as the neo cons and now even Bill-O dream of, or some middle ground as is the current policy. There are only two choices to avoid political ruin in the short term, and one of these will likely lead to ruin in the long term, as Americans tire of war when they see what it leads to. So, as I see it, there is only one viable solution and that is the course set by Obama.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
999 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Only half true.

The IS are not the real freedom fighters. There are many, many, many different groups fighting, mainly against Assad, in Syria. The freedom fighters armed by the US, never had much success, and as they were being defeated by Assad, they retreated. Some dispersed or joined other groups, including the IS. So, just as with arming the freedom fighters (the Mujahideen) in Afghanistan, some of the weapons fell into the hands of others and the more radical of the terrorist groups.

But the largest cache of weapons that the IS procured, Humvees, tanks, machine guns, and ammunition, came when the Iraqi army turned and ran as a much smaller ISIS force invaded Mosul.

Now that the region is broken by Bush's folly, the IS exist. When Malaki and he signed the deal to leave Iraq (as Bush ducked that shoe), as the people of Iraq, and their Parliament were adamantly tired of the US and wanted us out, the temporary peace provided by 150,000+ American troops (and payment to the tribal lords to maintain local peace) was sure to end, and it did. We were invited back in, this time not to invade, but to help the country we decimated regain the regions lost.

We can either ignore the IS in the region, have a full all-out assault as the neo cons and now even Bill-O dream of, or some middle ground as is the current policy. There are only two choices to avoid political ruin in the short term, and one of these will likely lead to ruin in the long term, as Americans tire of war when they see what it leads to. So, as I see it, there is only one viable solution and that is the course set by Obama.

The biggest mistake Bush ever made was telling the Iraqi army and the Baath Party that the had no place in the new Iraq.
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ribeye wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
999 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Only half true.

The biggest mistake Bush ever made was telling the Iraqi army and the Baath Party that the had no place in the new Iraq.

So true - catashtrophic blunder. We're all reaping it now in the form of these neo-fascist ISIS barbarians and their weekly outbursts.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: