Texas Officer Caught in Moment of Honesty (Video)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Texas Officer Caught in Moment of Honesty (Video)

Quote:
Officials in Austin are investigating the violent arrest of a black elementary school teacher who was body-slammed by a white police officer during a traffic stop.

The investigation comes after the emergence of police video footage showing not only the June 2015 arrest but also a scene afterward, when

Quote:
another white officer told the teacher that officers are wary of blacks because of their "violent tendencies" and "intimidating" appearance.

"Ninety-nine percent of the time. . . it is the black community that is being violent," the officer tells her in the video. "That's why a lot of white people are afraid. And I don't blame them."

The footage, first reported Thursday by the Austin American-Statesman and KVUE, prompted an apology from police.

Quote:
"My heart was sickened and saddened when I first learned of this incident," said Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo, adding that the video was "disturbing."

"For those that think life is perfect for people of color, I want you to listen to that conversation and tell me we don't have social issues in this nation," Acevedo continued. "Issues of bias. Issues of racism. Issues of people being looked at different because of their color."

Police Chief says Screw the Thin Blue Line - Calls our Creepy Officer(s)

Kudo's to the Police Chief for calling out the creepy Officer(s)

Video
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject:

That cop should be banned forever.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Good on the police chief.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Good (bleep) grief that body slam. That woman couldn't have weighed 100 pounds soaking wet. That cop either beats his wife or wants to but knows he can't so he takes out his pent up aggression on "suspects." There was absolutely no reason to manhandle her like that.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Good (bleep) grief that body slam. That woman couldn't have weighed 100 pounds soaking wet. That cop either beats his wife or wants to but knows he can't so he takes out his pent up aggression on "suspects." There was absolutely no reason to manhandle her like that.

Violent guy with an inferiority complex. Probably racist too. They are some of the worst human beings. It's scary when they have a gun and a police badge. It's just a matter of time until someone gets killed for no reason only because that guy created a situation that escalated out of control.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: