Kudo's to Lakersground
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:57 am    Post subject:

I love LG.
Probably my most visited site since 2008. (The year I was able to access the internet other than dial up...Yeah...)

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:11 am    Post subject:

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject:

LG 24/7... especially at work (shh)

Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject:

Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Kudo's to Lakersground

Gwyn wrote:
Wino wrote:
I have to say, I pretty much hang here exclusively and probably have had a jaded view of how Lakers fans react. However recently, I have also joined a Facebook group for Lakers fans. It is a very active group.

I have to say, that the quality of the posts here, is miles ahead of the quality there.

What I also like is how many dumb posts are NOT made here, that are made there routinely.

And, on top of that, you have a really stupid post made there and then people will argue all day long for it. Less ability to deal with people there as well. I am finding myself needing to block the idiots because they won't just make their point and move on, they will argue to the end of the earth and they are super rude while doing it.

There is around 20X more BS posts and ideas there than here, thanks to our mods, they can reign in the worst of the worst and keep things reasonable in content and tone.

I have always liked Lakersground, but the Facebook group has really given me pause to appreciate what this site has going for it!!

Cheers!

Yeah it's an awesome forum. I've been a lurker for a long time as well, and then a poster finally.

The majority of the posters are good folks.

The only problem are the people who are obviously baiting fans of certain players with their posts.

It's not critique as much as stealth trolling. That kind of (bleep) is tiring to read through. And then there's the guys who are posing as fans of this team, but are clearly sockpuppets from spurstalk or other forums.

Well, there are some silly posts here and there are people who are trolling to some degree. But it is a matter of degrees and the Facebook crowd has a whole lot less intelligent people posting and they fall prey to every single rumor no matter what mill created it.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Even with the ups and downs lakersground has been the first sports site I go to every time I'm looking for sports opinions or news. I followed the site starting in 2004 then joined in 08 after being pissed the Lakers lost to the Celtics.

This site has some great people, love the writeups from DB and the productive posters that don't look to snap at others or purposely incite when nothing needs to be said, aka Internet tough guys.

When the team sucks people get edgy. When the team wins people have more positives to talk about and get excited for. Thank you to the people that make this site run.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

And kudos to the LakersGround posters!!
The moderators and staff are all here to facilitate (and participate in) the Laker related conversations that we all enjoy. Thanks for all of the great content. We welcome feedback and encourage all to utilize the REPORT feature when a post or poster crosses the line so we can make sure we are keeping the site as enjoyable as possible for all involved.

Can't wait for the season to start and see the Lakers take the court!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Love LG. After the 2008 Finals I decided I finally needed to come online and commiserate with other hard-core Laker fans. I went to some other BS Lakers site and it started out OK but I quickly learned they were Hot Take Central with no real insight. The best thing about that site I can say is that someone made a stupid ass post about LG that led me to come check the site out. Thanks dumb hot take person! LOL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: