Silver Lining of Lackluster 2016 Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what is to hate about Moz game.

1. He loves protecting the rim.
2. Dude finishes strong.
3. Can run the break.
4. Sets bone crushing picks.
5. Pretty reliable outside/free throw shot.(For a traditional Big)
6. Doesn't provide off court distractions
7. Can dunk or perform the sweeping hook with either hand.
8. Performs well under pressure.
9. Very effective diving to the basket.
10. Won't back down from contact.
11. Has both length and strength.
12. Good hands.
13. Coach-able/likeable team mate.
14. No major injuries.
15. Won't demand minutes.
16. Works hard in the off season.
17. Good Motor.
18. Can be effective in Up tempo or slow tempo game.
19. Not prone to TO. Good FG%
20. Above Average Pick and Roll Center.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Although we got Shaq as FA we have gotten most of our marquee players via trade or draft. Kobe, Magic, Worthy, Kareem, West, Wilt, Gasol ect.

So this is the way to go.

An excellent point. We've signed key role players in the past, but game changers have been acquired a variety of ways.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject:

The silver lining is it wasn't a bad FA and our last 3 drafts have been great...and we have a coach
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Silver Lining of Lackluster 2016 Free Agency

yinoma2001 wrote:
Overall, my personal grade for this offseason is a B-, maybe C+. Not as horrific as some make it out to be. However, reading some of Luke's comments, I feel there is a tremendous silver lining to the somewhat lackluster free agency.

If we had landed a marquee all star or all star level FAs (think something like DRoz/Hassan), the expectations for a rookie coach would be immense. There would be no latitude to miss the playoffs or incrementally improve the young core. Of course, having talent is always a great thing in the NBA, but given our circumstances.

This is also a reason why I'm against trading for WB. His supernova ways may prove to be too challenging for a rookie coach. Let Luke breath a bit. Allow him to develop a culture and an ecosystem first. Trying to cheat the process will only end up hurting Luke, or even chasing someone away like WB if he doesn't like what's being brewed up.

I know this is really seeing it from a glass is half full perspective (as opposed to my glass is half empty view the past few seasons), but I genuinely believe we are up to something really nice. Not having such lofty expectations may prove beneficial for the team overall, assuming that Jim/Mitch aren't on the "Deadline." If the whole team can just "trust the process" for one more year, I think the franchise will be in a position to finally make that pivot towards the playoffs again.

I couldn't agree more. I'm willing to be patient with the core and Luke. I wanted this last year but watching Scott bullheadedly break the spirit of the younger players was disheartening but to be honest, he doesn't know modern hoops and can't teach worth a damn. Having Luke IMHO will be refreshing beyond belief. There will be growing pains as these youngsters grow into their bodies and their games and I accept that!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: