The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 639, 640, 641 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
We honestly have a great group of guys. Russell and Randle seem like the alpha dog players, JC, Ingram, Larry, Brown, and Tarik are all pretty well grounded and seem to lead by example/work hard, Zubac is a funny/relateable player you can't help but love, and Deng and Mozgov have both been solid presences in locker rooms for years in the NBA.

Yup. It's about setting a good culture.

As much as I respect WB's game, to trade half our young assets for him would disturb this important process.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Asked Paul George if anyone from USA Basketball's select team stood out last week. His answer will please Laker fans
Quote:
I think LA's two young bucks - Julius and D'Angelo - and Devin, I think those three guys, we got after them. They made turnovers, they looked bad at times, but what I like most about them is they weren't scared.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject:

It seems like the young players on the Lakers are getting noticed, very cool to see.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject:

His 3 ball looks really promising in those scrimmages. Very effortless and matter of fact. Hopefully it continues to get better.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject:

It seems like JR has stamina issues similar to what we saw in Blake Griffin http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/how-clippers-uber-talent-blake-griffin-went-from-sideshow-to-superstar/

It sure explains why JR is always huffing and heaving. His super athletic body burns up too much energy and it takes him a long time to recharge.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
It seems like JR has stamina issues similar to what we saw in Blake Griffin http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/how-clippers-uber-talent-blake-griffin-went-from-sideshow-to-superstar/

It sure explains why JR is always huffing and heaving. His super athletic body burns up too much energy and it takes him a long time to recharge.

KIROE arrived at the same conclusion.

Based on some of the pictures it seems like Randle's been doing a lot of stamina work. Looking forward to seeing how he plays.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Saw Julius play at the Drew League earlier today. Still no right hand, missed the few outside shots that he took, had some trouble finishing at the rim, complained to the refs a lot and turned the ball over on 3 straight possessions with 3 minutes to play when his team was down by 12.

Keep in mind, this was basically just a pick-up game. Hope this isn't indicative of how he plays this season.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject:

He needs to slow his game down. Hopefully more reps and time on the court will help.
NYCLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject:

How good will julius randle be.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1470590
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject:

sickside323 wrote:
Saw Julius play at the Drew League earlier today. Still no right hand, missed the few outside shots that he took, had some trouble finishing at the rim, complained to the refs a lot and turned the ball over on 3 straight possessions with 3 minutes to play when his team was down by 12.

Keep in mind, this was basically just a pick-up game. Hope this isn't indicative of how he plays this season.

What were his stats?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
sickside323 wrote:

What were his stats?

18 & 12.
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if it's been posted but I'll post it here anyway.

Move at 1:20 and 9:10

I've mentioned it as much as I can last season but I'll say it again.
I love Julius' jump stop fadeaway! He converts it at a very high rate, and very rarely is it contested. It's frustrating to me that he doesn't use it as often as he tries to beat his man off the dribble.

Carlos Boozer made a living out of that move. If Julius adds that to his go to moves he'd be more relied upon in the post. It's the most controlled and consistent looking shot he has.

We know that he can do a lot of things off the dribble but sooner or later Julius will have to embrace the big man role.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
sickside323 wrote:

What were his stats?

18/12

NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject:

There's been quite a bit of Julius Randle concern and talk lately. Even my faith in him waned a little I had to go back to his scouting videos.

Julius Randle 9 games into his college basketball career was in the conversation for the number one pick per Draft Express's caption in their strength and weakness video. One thing I noticed in the video is that his weaknesses are still the same as they were back than.

Two of those weaknesses are skills which is his shooting and off hand. However, his shot is far from perfect but it is better than it was when he was in college. Off hand still needs work but he started using it more in the 2nd half of the year. Improvement can definitely be made with hard work and repitition.

The other weaknesses are coaching related. Turnovers, off ball activity, defense and decision making. Coach Cal is known to be a big time recruiter but has never been a strong teacher of the game. Byron Scott we all know is probably the worst in this aspect. He barely even talks to the young players from what we hear. So, in the first time in his career he will have a true teacher of the game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z7oLRl6NVDU
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
sickside323 wrote:

What were his stats?

18/12

Probably some jersey/camera magic but dudes arms look biyig. Imagine how strong he's gunna be in 3 years. Woohf.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Quote:
Asked Paul George if anyone from USA Basketball's select team stood out last week. His answer will please Laker fans
Quote:
I think LA's two young bucks - Julius and D'Angelo - and Devin, I think those three guys, we got after them. They made turnovers, they looked bad at times, but what I like most about them is they weren't scared.

Gotta circle every game against Phoenix in our calendar. I want Dlo to outperform Booker.
ratra_1211
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
sickside323 wrote:

What were his stats?

18/12

Probably some jersey/camera magic but dudes arms look biyig. Imagine how strong he's gunna be in 3 years. Woohf.

no seriously, first thing i noticed watching that video was how huge he became

i never him that big on YT vids, so i hope that size doesnt hinder his agility on court
NYCLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject:

Adding post moves, jump shot doesn't take a season, takes many seasons... If they ever do improve...

Example, every guy that went to Hakeen to learn the dream shake/post moves, the only player that actually used it was Kobe....Kobe didn't post his workouts at 3am in the morning. He didn't have time for that nonsense.

People expecting Randle to somehow develop a jumpshot, post game, play defense, learn to set screens, have better bb iq are really asking too much from a young kid.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
sickside323 wrote:

What were his stats?

18/12

that's not camera magic, he's huge in person. he was easily the biggest and strongest guy on the court for his game.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject:

NYCLaker wrote:
Adding post moves, jump shot doesn't take a season, takes many seasons... If they ever do improve...

Example, every guy that went to Hakeen to learn the dream shake/post moves, the only player that actually used it was Kobe....Kobe didn't post his workouts at 3am in the morning. He didn't have time for that nonsense.

People expecting Randle to somehow develop a jumpshot, post game, play defense, learn to set screens, have better bb iq are really asking too much from a young kid.

you're absolutely right, and my observations may have been a bit harsh. I just expected him to play better than he did against non-NBA players.

btw, he signed and took pictures with everyone who asked which I thought was very cool of him. what I thought was funny was that Baron Davis and Trey Burke also played yesterday and no one asked them for pictures or anything.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject:

ratra_1211 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
sickside323 wrote:

What were his stats?

18/12

no seriously, first thing i noticed watching that video was how huge he became

i never him that big on YT vids, so i hope that size doesnt hinder his agility on court

Julius is one of only a few players I've ever heard focused on losing weight when he came into the NBA. It's just so seldom because normally kids try to gain weight to compete, like BI is doing now.

I remember when Upshaw was trying to make the team. After playing against Juilus, Upshaw aptly called him strong as an "ox".

Julius is naturally big, he doesn't need weight, just keep tone what he has, he needs to simply work on his areas of weakness.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject:

sickside323 wrote:

I'm real good friends with the peeps that run the Drew League. We had some issues a few months ago about the city jerking them around about fees etc.,. we still working on keeping it right.

That said, it's kind of troubling to hear how he played. The emphasis is not on the stats, but the manner. I was hoping to hear that he's playing more under control, uses his maturity and strength to dominate guys like DR was doing in the summer league, and overall understands that he doesn't still have to be that proverbial bull in the china closet wrecking style.

Mainly, I'm hopeful that Luke can not only bond deeply with these guys, particularly the youngsters, but truly teach them the right way to play. As far as right way, my best examples are Nance Jr, an D'Angelo(though to a lesser extent)
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject:

Julius' form on his jumper is OK. Over time he'll get better at it. Repetition, consistency & confidence. He has a load of talent, just has to be used correctly. Lamar never really got comfortable as a shooter either and never developed his right hand either and he turned out alright. Different in that Lamar was longer, Julius stronger so their games will naturally be different. I expect Julius to have a very good year.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
sickside323 wrote:

I'm real good friends with the peeps that run the Drew League. We had some issues a few months ago about the city jerking them around about fees etc.,. we still working on keeping it right.

That said, it's kind of troubling to hear how he played. The emphasis is not on the stats, but the manner. I was hoping to hear that he's playing more under control, uses his maturity and strength to dominate guys like DR was doing in the summer league, and overall understands that he doesn't still have to be that proverbial bull in the china closet wrecking style.

Mainly, I'm hopeful that Luke can not only bond deeply with these guys, particularly the youngsters, but truly teach them the right way to play. As far as right way, my best examples are Nance Jr, an D'Angelo(though to a lesser extent)

dI'd you hear from anyone else that he didn't play particularly well, or just from what I posted?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 639, 640, 641 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 640 of 1536
Jump to: