OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Dunn isn't even going to start is he? In terms of NBA readiness he's probably further ahead than Ingram, but I don't think he'll get the PT to pull away from Ingram in that race
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Ingram being 3rd means we will be winning games.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
governator wrote:
I imagine the starting line up would be Mozgov-Randle-Deng-JC-DLO

If Ingram's growth is ahead of the curve, who goes to bench, Deng at the 3 or JC at the 2?

I don't think anyone will. He's an 18 year old. Kobe came off the bench for a few seasons. There's no reason to think that even if he does come out playing well he can't play the Ginobili role this entire season. Plenty of minutes regardless.

Yeah, minutes will be far more important than a starting slot. And no doubt Luke will find moments to plug him into the line-up.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dunn isn't even going to start is he? In terms of NBA readiness he's probably further ahead than Ingram, but I don't think he'll get the PT to pull away from Ingram in that race

They're shopping Rubio who, as Chick used to say, can't throw a pea in the ocean. I think Dunn is Tib's type of player. He just might get some significant minutes.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

They're shopping Rubio who, as Chick used to say, can't throw a pea in the ocean. I think Dunn is Tib's type of player. He just might get some significant minutes.

Ah didn't know he was on the block. Definetely love the fit. I think he can be a top 5-7 PG. can't wait to watch him in transition with Wiggins and Towns
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Watching Summer league, you can tell why Ingram was such a good isolation scorer in college. I think he has a better offensive repertoire than Kwahi right now.

As he should be, he was the #2 pick and in some people's mind the undisputed #1 pick, Leonard was a late lottery pick.

I'm not talking about a rookie Kwahi and Ingram here.

I'm guessing you haven't seen much of Kawhi Leonard then?
Though stiff looking and boring, Kawhi has a lot of go to moves and is very efficient offensively and in my opinion a better all around scorer than Ingram as of today.

Most fans see Kawhi as a 3 and D wing but he's so much more than that. He started out as a 3 and D guy early in his career when he was working on his shot but now; Kawhi primarily does his work in the mid range area. He has incredible footwork, strength and balance. When I see him in the post, I can see that he's been studying Kobe and MJ in terms of getting to the right spots and positioning defenders.

Don't overrate Ingram just yet. Kawhi is a top 10 player in the league. Ingram just got drafted.

Yep. You don't average 21 points a game on 50+% shooting, 44+% from 3's as a 3d guy.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Unless Rubio is part of a package that brings back Jimmy Butler, Minnesota would be foolish to move RR just to get minutes for Dunn. It's going to take a couple years or more for Dunn to get to Rubio's level as a playmaker and decisionmaker (if he ever does), while Dunn doesn't really provide better shooting - maybe at the rim - which is the main reason everyone hates on Rubio.

Dunn should be a backup CG for Minnesota while he learns how to run a team at an NBA level. If he shows himself capable, the Wolves can move Rubio next summer. There's no need to make room for Dunn to start when Rubio is much better now and the Wolves desperately need to improve their bench.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Unless Rubio is part of a package that brings back Jimmy Butler, Minnesota would be foolish to move RR just to get minutes for Dunn. It's going to take a couple years or more for Dunn to get to Rubio's level as a playmaker and decisionmaker (if he ever does), while Dunn doesn't really provide better shooting - maybe at the rim - which is the main reason everyone hates on Rubio.

Dunn should be a backup CG for Minnesota while he learns how to run a team at an NBA level. If he shows himself capable, the Wolves can move Rubio next summer. There's no need to make room for Dunn to start when Rubio is much better now and the Wolves desperately need to improve their bench.

They prob gonna move Rubio soon and have Dunn back up Lavine at PG or have Dunn-Lavine-Wiggins back court
Rubio should join J.Lin in Brooklyn
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject:

I don't think Lavine at PG is the goal. He's much better as a SG as he utterly lacks PG instincts/skills.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't think Lavine at PG is the goal. He's much better as a SG as he utterly lacks PG instincts/skills.

The Wolves started playing .500 ball when they stopped with the Lavine as a PG experiment. They gave him the greenlight at the 2 and he was huge down the stretch for them.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Pretty good rendition of Ingram in 2k16:
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The Wolves started playing .500 ball when they stopped with the Lavine as a PG experiment. They gave him the greenlight at the 2 and he was huge down the stretch for them.

Yeah. The real comparison is who is better. JC or Lavine, not Wiggins vs JC. Wiggins should be compared with Ingram.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Im surprised he hasn't been signed yet.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Flexibility is probably why.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

I'm guessing the Lakers FO expect him to play for free during the regular season. Also the Lakers FO spent millions on Mozgov but can't seem to commit 5million on the 2nd overall pick. I know about the flexibility thing but it seems like we're dragging this for way too long. The extra 5million really going to be the deal breaker for Westbrook? (who I'd rather wait for next summer for.)
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject:

Best and Worst Case Scenario For Brandon Ingram Next Season

Quote:
It’s the dog days of the NBA calendar, and for Lakers fans, that means our imaginations are hard at work

With this off-season’s unfamiliar feeling of optimism, all eyes are Brandon Ingram, the Lakers’ second overall pick in this year’s draft and Kevin Durant’s heir apparent.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/07/30/lakers-brandon-ingram-best-and-worst-case-scenario-next-season-rookie/
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject:

Also. This might also explain why he might have been on cruise control during the summer league and the Team Select practices. He isn't signed, no contract. .. He may have been advised not to go 100% and risk an injury before he has signed.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Also. This might also explain why he might have been on cruise control during the summer league and the Team Select practices. He isn't signed, no contract. .. He may have been advised not to go 100% and risk an injury before he has signed.

ehh, I honestly think that's where his game is.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject:

just wondering why he still hasnt been signed ? I read somewhere that him and Sabonis (OKC) are the only players in the draft unsigned..
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Freakin mitch! Sign him already!
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
just wondering why he still hasnt been signed ? I read somewhere that him and Sabonis (OKC) are the only players in the draft unsigned..

Pretty easy to connect some dots there with the 2 teams being OKC and the Lakers.
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lol, what???
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject:

lakerhaterhater wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lol, what???

I was stating that it's more likely he's a runner up for ROY if he's doing a lot scoring.

Him doing less means the whole team is playing as a unit.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject:

Nice article on BI's SPL play: http://lakersunited.com/brandon-ingram-showed-us-vegas/
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Pretty good rendition of Ingram in 2k16:

Most NBA 2k-ready player in the draft.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 93 of 1885
Jump to: