How good would Bynum have been if he had healthy knees?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Without the injuries a 22/10/2 top 8 player in the league. Good enough to be a 2nd option on a championship team.
Top 8 player in the league isn't a 2nd option.

Kevin Durant.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:47 am    Post subject:

Bynum was such a big dude. He made Gasol and Howard look small.

For a time I really thought that he was going to be the next great Laker bigman. Then injuries happened, then Mike Brown happened, then insubordination happened, and just like that we ended up with D12.

If he were healthy, he could have been/arguably already was the best Center in the league.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Without the injuries a 22/10/2 top 8 player in the league. Good enough to be a 2nd option on a championship team.

Kevin Durant.
Not really imo. He's a first option, who happens to be on a team with 2 other 1st options and his previous team also had another 1st option. Kobe and Shaq, both 1st options. Lebron & Kyrie, both 1st options. Lebron & Wade, Cap & Magic. etc etc etc.

Last edited by Vancouver Fan on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Kevin Durant.
Not really imo. He's a first option, who happens to be on a team with 2 other 1st options and his previous team also had another 1st option. Kobe and Shaq, both 1st options. Lebron & Kyrie, both 1st options.

Fine. 2008 Kevin Garnett.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Kevin Durant.
Not really imo. He's a first option, who happens to be on a team with 2 other 1st options and his previous team also had another 1st option. Kobe and Shaq, both 1st options. Lebron & Kyrie, both 1st options.

Tough one. Still think Pierce & Garnett were 1a/1b options. Garnett was arguably their most important player. Plus a very reliable 2nd option in Ray Allen. Pretty sure KG was garnering some MVP votes that year. Surprising.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Kevin Durant.

Tough one. Still think Pierce & Garnett were 1a/1b options. Garnett was arguably their most important player. Plus a very reliable 2nd option in Ray Allen. Pretty sure KG was garnering some MVP votes that year. Surprising.

I never really considered Garnett a first option on offense, even in Minnesota. He's an elite second option.

To a lesser extent, it's similar with Duncan. I think that's part of the reason why SAS never repeated.

Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Kevin Durant.

I never really considered Garnett a first option on offense, even in Minnesota. He's an elite second option.

To a lesser extent, it's similar with Duncan. I think that's part of the reason why SAS never repeated.
I get what you're trying to say but, if memory serves right, both KG and Duncan were given the ball in crunch time if their respective teams needed a bucket. Especially when they both were in their primes. KG was the focal point of that Wolves team. TD, same thing.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject:

^
On the Celtics, the ball went to Pierce in crunch time. Wolves don't really count because Garnett's sidekicks were Sprewell and Cassell.

Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
^
On the Celtics, the ball went to Pierce in crunch time. Wolves don't really count because Garnett's sidekicks were Sprewell and Cassell.
Yes, but there were times where kg scored big buckets down the stretch for the C's. He was a 1b option. I do agree, on the offensive end, Pierce was the closer majority of nights. However, during the kobe/shaq era, Kobe closed out a majority of times, especially the latter end of the 3 peats. Was Shaq a 2nd option? Of course not. Just my 2.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
^
Yes, but there were times where kg scored big buckets down the stretch for the C's. He was a 1b option. I do agree, on the offensive end, Pierce was the closer majority of nights. However, during the kobe/shaq era, Kobe closed out a majority of times, especially the latter end of the 3 peats. Was Shaq a 2nd option? Of course not. Just my 2.

What about Orlando Dwight? Turkoglu was their go-to guy in crunch time.

Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
^

What about Orlando Dwight? Turkoglu was their go-to guy in crunch time.
Lmao turkoglu? Cmon now. Body of work. Dwight was the guy.
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Bynum, even in his last year with the Lakers, played bigger than anyone in the League. When defending the physically bigger Ming, Ming was basically reduced to shooting hook shots.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Mege wrote:
Bynum, even in his last year with the Lakers, played bigger than anyone in the League. When defending the physically bigger Ming, Ming was basically reduced to shooting hook shots.

Ming was never a dominant low-post center. He was mostly a mid-range shooter to begin with.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Mege wrote:

Ming was never a dominant low-post center. He was mostly a mid-range shooter to begin with.

Comment removed.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Mege wrote:

Comment removed.

Ming was a dominant poster who erased a lot of attempts.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject:

One of my favorite Laker!
D. Sharp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject:

He probably would've been a souped-up version of Cousins, with better efficiently and defense.

Also from watching some highlights of him just before his first injury, the kid was fast.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject:

Miss the (bleep) out of Drew, mostly his game. Still remember when he dropped 41 on the Clippers. We was looking to have possibly a top 3 frontline of all time for the next 7 years. Sad to see him go off the rails. But in hindsight I'm sort of glad we traded him when we did. I had no idea he was that crazy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: