This young team is about to take us on a ride
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject:

Last season was a ride too...right off a cliff.

https://youtu.be/2tGDSAs_uU4?t=8m23s
dogstar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject:

Idk, I'm just being real, not meaning to be a bummer or anything, but Walton is a first time coach and our best players are 20 year olds. That sounds like a recipe for a very long and hard season with few wins to show for it.

I think lakers fans and management should be happy if we manage to keep our pick this season and one or two players start showing as stars.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject:

dogstar wrote:
Idk, I'm just being real, not meaning to be a bummer or anything, but Walton is a first time coach and our best players are 20 year olds. That sounds like a recipe for a very long and hard season with few wins to show for it.

I think lakers fans and management should be happy if we manage to keep our pick this season and one or two players start showing as stars.

Your expectations are very realistic. I agree.
I just didn't want to poop on the OP's optimism. But you did a good job of explaining the likely scenario for us without being a Debbie Downer.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
dogstar wrote:

I just didn't want to poop on the OP's optimism. But you did a good job of explaining the likely scenario for us without being a Debbie Downer.

or Negative Nancy
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Death to the tank!!!

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Last season was a ride too...right off a cliff.

https://youtu.be/2tGDSAs_uU4?t=8m23s

Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I think, regardless of our wins/loss record, we'll be a fun team to watch this upcoming season. Last season, I probably caught 60-65 games and while I supported the team as much as any past Laker squads, we all know too well how hard it was to watch a majority of the games played due in large part to the atrocious coaching game after game, time out after time out. For me, watching D'angelo and JR grow as the season progressed, despite the cesspool of hate from fans and the unfair treatment from Lord Byron, was the highlight of it all. Of course Kobe dropping a 60 ball to end his career was icing on the cake.
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
dogstar wrote:

And the job Luke did with Golden State?

Oh wait....that was all about the players right
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject:

JH from Hemet wrote:
kikanga wrote:
dogstar wrote:

And the job Luke did with Golden State?

Oh wait....that was all about the players right

First time coaches have done quite well in recent history. It's a positive, not a negative.
sirronstuff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject:

I think this will be a fun team to watch this year. Not sure how many wins we get, but I think they will be in games, play hard, the right way, and be exciting and show progress.

that is so much better than the last couple years under Byron

SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

sirronstuff wrote:
I think this will be a fun team to watch this year. Not sure how many wins we get, but I think they will be in games, play hard, the right way, and be exciting and show progress.

yea, i also think it will be a fun team. but you realize byron tanking got us randle and ingram? i still feel we should be thanking byron for all this. if byron did "better" according to people who think he sucks...we would have ended up with 35 wins, no draft picks, and some kind of team without randle and ingram right now. thank you, byron. and the lakers knew exactly what they were doing.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Team is headed towards lottery again, and you really can't blame these guys for it. They are young, extremely young and inexperienced. The head coach is first year, yeah he did great with the Warriors who were already loaded on the way to 73 wins, but most coaches would get some wins with a team like that. I think there's a lot of "savior" expectation being thrown onto Luke that's unfair to him and it is setting the situation up to be - succeed or die. Playoffs or die. People will be calling him Puke again and calling for his head if he doesn't take a haphazard group of 20 year olds to the playoffs.
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
Team is headed towards lottery again, and you really can't blame these guys for it. They are young, extremely young and inexperienced. The head coach is first year, yeah he did great with the Warriors who were already loaded on the way to 73 wins, but most coaches would get some wins with a team like that. I think there's a lot of "savior" expectation being thrown onto Luke that's unfair to him and it is setting the situation up to be - succeed or die. Playoffs or die. People will be calling him Puke again and calling for his head if he doesn't take a haphazard group of 20 year olds to the playoffs.

Its a young core mixed in with some solid veterans

Luke didnt get "some wins" with the Warriors.....he was almost perfect as a Head Coach with them. Should people expect 73 wins? Of course not.....but there is a lot of gap between 17 wins and 73 wins.......if he even improved the lakers by 20 games that would be a huge something.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:

Luke coached the Warriors better than Kerr did. Kerr also blew it at the end.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
sirronstuff wrote:

yea, i also think it will be a fun team. but you realize byron tanking got us randle and ingram? i still feel we should be thanking byron for all this. if byron did "better" according to people who think he sucks...we would have ended up with 35 wins, no draft picks, and some kind of team without randle and ingram right now. thank you, byron. and the lakers knew exactly what they were doing.

D'angelo Russell?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: