Kyrie Irving - How Will He Be Remembered
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:

But the fact remains ... the (bleep) guy just ended the NBA Finals with three consecutive elimination games against a team considered by many to be one of the greatest (if not the greatest) NBA team(s) of all time... his average line was 36.3 points, 11.7 rebounds, 9.7 assists, 3.0 steals and 3.0 blocks (and 2.7 TOs, as well) ... shooting 51% from the field and 42% from three along the way. FFS, forget about the fact that it was three consecutive elimination games in the white-hot crucible of the NBA Finals ... stare at those numbers for a moment ... where have you ever seen a comparable line in ANY three consecutive NBA games, R/S or postseason, by any player in history?

You can't. It was arguably the best Finals ever. When down 3-1 he had two 40 point games and a triple double on the road. I never wanna hear "LeBron's not clutch" again. At some points facts have to matter.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Chadley wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Saved Lebron's butt and magically cemented him into a lot of people's Top 5 all time.

Yeah Kyrie was the reason Bron led both teams in the finals in pts, rbds, assists, blocks, steals.

On a serious note, delete your account.

No, but as promised, I have deleted yours.

lmaooo Chadley pulled no punches
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject:

How good-great was Kevin Johnson in the mid 90s? Is Kyrie the Kevin Johnson type sidekick who actually stepped up in the Finals instead of wilted?
I'm 24 so I wouldn't know.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
the association wrote:

But the fact remains ... the (bleep) guy just ended the NBA Finals with three consecutive elimination games against a team considered by many to be one of the greatest (if not the greatest) NBA team(s) of all time... his average line was 36.3 points, 11.7 rebounds, 9.7 assists, 3.0 steals and 3.0 blocks (and 2.7 TOs, as well) ... shooting 51% from the field and 42% from three along the way. FFS, forget about the fact that it was three consecutive elimination games in the white-hot crucible of the NBA Finals ... stare at those numbers for a moment ... where have you ever seen a comparable line in ANY three consecutive NBA games, R/S or postseason, by any player in history?

You can't. It was arguably the best Finals ever. When down 3-1 he had two 40 point games and a triple double on the road. I never wanna hear "LeBron's not clutch" again. At some points facts have to matter.

The James' fellatio keep coming...

1) the Warriors of the last 3 games weren't even close to the team that dominated the regular season: they had 1/10 of the energy, Curry with 3 injuries ( ankle, knee, shoulder), Bogut out and Iguodala with a bad back, forced to play a lot.

2) The most clutch plays of game 7 were Kyrie 3 pointer and Love's defense on Curry the following action. Not a block on a guy with a bad back, who is known to miss layups like Fisher and getting blocked a lot... Love's defense has been fantastic and crucial vs a guy who had hit more than 400 threes this season. That's the best defensive play of the game bar none. But Lehype has to get all the credit...

3) Nothing would have happened if Silver didn't suspend Draymond; which is by far the worst robbery in the NBA hystory. Warriors would have won 4-1 , period. And no 40 points games by anybody with all the Warriors players on the floor, which didn't happen again after that scandal of a suspension...
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
How good-great was Kevin Johnson in the mid 90s? Is Kyrie the Kevin Johnson type sidekick who actually stepped up in the Finals instead of wilted?

KJ was best from about 88 to 92. He was criticized a couple of times by Chuck, but that's Chuck. You know Chuck at 24 or 44, he's a loudmouth. Once asked about why KJ was absent, he told a reporter he was on his period.

In the Finals, the Suns faced the Bulls. I think their length and speed at 2 and 3 bothered KJ, tbh. Help D was all over the place, same as what they did to the Lakers in 91. Suns' attempt to win Gm 6 at the buzzer was a shot by KJ that got blocked by a rotating Ho Grant.

You may be surprised by this, but KJ was a Cavalier as a rookie. Rare sight to see him one of their highlights. They chose Mark Price over him and traded Kev to PHX for Nance, Sr. principally.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
And no 40 points games by anybody with all the Warriors players on the floor, which didn't happen again after that scandal of a suspension...

James scored 41 in game 5 when Draymond was suspended, and he also scored 41 in game 6 after Draymond and all the other Warriors were back on the court.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
stan isn't offensive! I'm a kobe stan. We're all laker stans (except the trolls). if stan means something other than a die hard fan, then i may be using it incorrectly.

I'm an Earvin stan, and uh........I'm pretty proud of it.....

That's with Revenge Of The Nerds emphasis.
laffertydaniel
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
the association wrote:

The James' fellatio keep coming...

1) the Warriors of the last 3 games weren't even close to the team that dominated the regular season: they had 1/10 of the energy, Curry with 3 injuries ( ankle, knee, shoulder), Bogut out and Iguodala with a bad back, forced to play a lot.

2) The most clutch plays of game 7 were Kyrie 3 pointer and Love's defense on Curry the following action. Not a block on a guy with a bad back, who is known to miss layups like Fisher and getting blocked a lot... Love's defense has been fantastic and crucial vs a guy who had hit more than 400 threes this season. That's the best defensive play of the game bar none. But Lehype has to get all the credit...

3) Nothing would have happened if Silver didn't suspend Draymond; which is by far the worst robbery in the NBA hystory. Warriors would have won 4-1 , period. And no 40 points games by anybody with all the Warriors players on the floor, which didn't happen again after that scandal of a suspension...

I mean, it's almost impressive how delusional you are.
Steve Kerr: Curry is healthy
Team Doctors: Curry is healthy
Curry: I'm back!!!
Luke: how is Steph Curry even alive?

When the Spurs and Warriors played in the regular season, Steph had AARP member Tim Duncan matched up on him and failed to get by him at one point. There is precedent for him being subpar at getting to the rim.

Nothing excuses him having more turnovers than assists, throwing up stupid shots, etc. I mean he had a better TS% than Kyrie or LeBron. He was fine.

Why do you credit Kevin Love for defending a basically dying Steph Curry? Do you listen to yourself when you speak?

"Iguodala has a history of getting blocked easily" Is this guy actually serious with this garbage?

"Iguodala misses lots of layups" I already know you have zero actual proof, evidence, or anything to support this.

I don't even know where to begin on the rest of this trash post, just exhausting.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Watch also Okc- Warriors series ( no hints , you have to find them as punishment...)

and next time, watch the games and do your homework

I won't even comment the rest of that garbage that has nothing to do with my post, even if it is quoted...
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Luke wrote:
And no 40 points games by anybody with all the Warriors players on the floor, which didn't happen again after that scandal of a suspension...

James scored 41 in game 5 when Draymond was suspended, and he also scored 41 in game 6 after Draymond and all the other Warriors were back on the court.

Minus Bogut, the best rim protector of the Warriors , and minus Iguodala( not that he didn't play, he tweaked his back early and was limited) . Without Green's bs suspension, James has no luxury to play with the Warriors shorthanded and banged up ( except for Curry, but he doesn't defend James often...). In fact, no 40 point games for him in the first four games with all the Warriors on the floor
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Luke wrote:

Minus Bogut, the best rim protector of the Warriors , and minus Iguodala who had a bad back. Without Green's bs suspension, James has no luxury to play with the Warriors shorthanded and banged up ( except for Curry, but he doesn't defend James often...). In fact, no 40 point games for him in the first four games with all the Warriors on the floor

Eh. Injuries are part of the game. Iggy had a bad back this year and Bogut missed a couple of games because of his knee this finals. The Cavs had much worst injuries last year with Love and Irving. But that's life. No use whining about it on either side.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Luke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Luke wrote:

Minus Bogut, the best rim protector of the Warriors , and minus Iguodala who had a bad back. Without Green's bs suspension, James has no luxury to play with the Warriors shorthanded and banged up ( except for Curry, but he doesn't defend James often...). In fact, no 40 point games for him in the first four games with all the Warriors on the floor

Eh. Injuries are part of the game. Iggy had a bad back this year and Bogut missed a couple of games because of his knee this finals. The Cavs had much worst injuries last year with Love and Irving. But that's life. No use whining about it on either side.

True that injuries are part of the game, but those injuries were related at Draymond not playing game five, which forced both players to play more.

My point still stand: no 40 point games with the Warriors at full strenght
laffertydaniel
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject:

dp

Last edited by laffertydaniel on Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
laffertydaniel
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15hneLhTOTM

Watch also Okc- Warriors series ( no hints , you have to find them as punishment...)

and next time, watch the games and do your homework

I won't even comment the rest of that garbage that has nothing to do with my post, even if it is quoted...

Did you really just post videos of 2... (bleep) 2 instances to support your claim? You're (bleep) clueless.
Luke wrote:

True that injuries are part of the game, but those injuries were related at Draymond not playing game five, which forced both players to play more.

Bogut wasn't playing well in the series anyway, his rim protection was like current Pau Gasol rim protection- only passable because of his length... Bogut's lack of athleticism really shines through when the game slows down. Cavs have shooters for days which would have been able to stretch the floor for James/Irving AND get wide open looks when Bogut had to match up on Love/Frye... double jeopardy.

Just leave this site for a couple years. You're clearly 12 or younger.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:

Bogut sprained his knee when he collided with JR Smith in the 3rd quarter of game 5. The accident wasn't related to Draymond's absence or playing time. (Bogut only played 7 minutes in that game up til that point, and was on pace for his standard number of minutes -- about 15 a game.)

Iggy only played about 4 more minutes in game 5 than he did in game 4 -- anyone's guess if those 4 additional minutes contributed to his back pain or were a non-factor.

Luke wrote:

You may be right. Of course, you may be wrong. We'll never know.

All that matters is what actually happened, not guesses about what would have happened in different conditions.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Luke wrote:

Bogut sprained his knee when he collided with JR Smith in the 3rd quarter of game 5. The accident wasn't related to playing time. (Bogut only played 7 minutes in that game up til that point.)

Luke wrote:

You may be right. Of course, you may be wrong. We'll never know.

All that matters is what actually happened, not guesses about what would have happened in different conditions.

Wow! I try to respond to your post , but you have changed it , three times already...

Bogut, it was a freak accident, but it wouldn't have happened with different rotations due to Draymond's presence. It would have been an entire different game, and it's more likely than not that Bogut would have been on the floor in game six and seven. You remember what Ezeli did in game seven ? With Bogut on the floor, it wouldn't have happened ( so , no 3 FT for James and no easy 3 pointer a little later). By the way, with Draymond on the floor, and all the momentum in the world for the Warriors, no way we see a game six or seven...

Iggy, without Green ( and then Bogut) had to use a lot more energy on defense, without two of the best defenders of the Warriors. That's a big reason why he got hurt ( he is not young anymore). Give Draymond some of his work and he can stay healthy...

It's true that we will never know what would have happened, but we can make educated guesses and no one will get hurt ( except for someone's feelings...)
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:

Bogut, it was a freak accident, but it wouldn't have happened with different rotations due to Draymond's presence. It would have been an entire different game, and it's more likely than not that Bogut would have been on the floor in game six and seven. You remember what Ezeli did in game seven ? With Bogut on the floor, it wouldn't have happened ( so , no 3 FT for James and no easy 3 pointer a little later). By the way, with Draymond on the floor, and all the momentum in the world for the Warriors, no way we see a game six or seven...

Iggy, without Green ( and then Bogut) had to use a lot more energy on defense, without two of the best defenders of the Warriors. That's a big reason why he got hurt ( he is not young anymore). Give Draymond some of his work and he can stay healthy...

Cool story, bro
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject:

Hard to comprehend how a block on a former borderline all star turned sixth man is more impressive than an in-your-face three on the two-time reigning league MVP to WIN THE sERIES.

FWIW, even if LeBron gets somehow called for a goaltending on that block, the Cavs STILL win the series on Irving's three.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:21 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Cool story, bro

Since I was answering your first post, then I clicked: " preview" and I saw another post; then I clicked "preview", and I saw another... many posts later I got a cool story
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject:

laffertydaniel wrote:
blah, blah, blah

You know that personal attacks aren't allowed on this site? If you want an answer( which I doubt it), try to be kind...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Cool story, bro

Since I was answering your first post, then I clicked: " preview" and I saw another post; then I clicked "preview", and I saw another... many posts later I got a cool story

Cool story, bro
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Hard to comprehend how a block on a former borderline all star turned sixth man is more impressive than an in-your-face three on the two-time reigning league MVP to WIN THE sERIES.

FWIW, even if LeBron gets somehow called for a goaltending on that block, the Cavs STILL win the series on Irving's three.

The distance he quickly covered and timing to make that block was a more impressive feat than hitting a 3 on a subpar defender. The 3 was more important but not more impressive.

And the last minutes likely play out completely different if GS has a lead instead of it being a tie game.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

KJ was best from about 88 to 92. He was criticized a couple of times by Chuck, but that's Chuck. You know Chuck at 24 or 44, he's a loudmouth. Once asked about why KJ was absent, he told a reporter he was on his period.

In the Finals, the Suns faced the Bulls. I think their length and speed at 2 and 3 bothered KJ, tbh. Help D was all over the place, same as what they did to the Lakers in 91. Suns' attempt to win Gm 6 at the buzzer was a shot by KJ that got blocked by a rotating Ho Grant.

You may be surprised by this, but KJ was a Cavalier as a rookie. Rare sight to see him one of their highlights. They chose Mark Price over him and traded Kev to PHX for Nance, Sr. principally.

thanks for the insight! interesting. Chuck is a jerk through and through. lol
I can def picutre length bothering the combo-guard sized Johnson, yeup.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

thanks for the insight! interesting. Chuck is a jerk through and through. lol
I can def picutre length bothering the combo-guard sized Johnson, yeup.

The Cavs already had Mark Price at PG. The year before the trade, the Cavs had the single best draft in NBA history: they got Brad Daughtery, Mark Price (through a trade with Dallas), Ron Harper, and Johnny Newman. That same year, their pick from the previous year Hot Rod Williams joined the team, giving them 5 great rookies.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: