Latrell Sprewell on Reggie Miller: "The thing I hated about him is he was a flopper"

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Latrell Sprewell on Reggie Miller: "The thing I hated about him is he was a flopper"

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/08/03/latrell-sprewell-on-reggie-miller-the-thing-i-hated-about-him-is-he-was-a-flopper/

Quote:

Latrell Sprewell on Reggie Miller: “The thing I hated about him is he was a flopper”

Without question, Reggie Miller is one of the great pure shooters the game has ever seen.

But there were more people frustrated and annoyed by him around the league than just Spike Lee. Former Knick Latrell Sprewell spoke with actor Michael Rapaport in a podcast that came out this week, and Spre didn’t hold back what he thought of Miller (thanks to the New York Post for the transcription).

““Reggie is a talker. The thing I hated about him is he was a flopper,” Sprewell said. “He’ll just flop and I am like, ‘Stop flopping, man.’ You can’t touch him, he’s always at the free throw line. But you have to respect Reggie, he’s always running around screens, and if you left him open, he’s going to knock down shots. You just have to be careful how you guard him because if you touched him, he’s going to act like he got shot out of a cannon.””

Yes, Miller did.

Just remember that next December when Reggie Miller is doing color commentating a TNT game and complains about how some player today flops. Miller was well ahead of the curve on that game.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Latrell Sprewell on Reggie Miller: "The thing I hated about him is he was a flopper"

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/08/03/latrell-sprewell-on-reggie-miller-the-thing-i-hated-about-him-is-he-was-a-flopper/

Quote:

Latrell Sprewell on Reggie Miller: “The thing I hated about him is he was a flopper”

Without question, Reggie Miller is one of the great pure shooters the game has ever seen.

But there were more people frustrated and annoyed by him around the league than just Spike Lee. Former Knick Latrell Sprewell spoke with actor Michael Rapaport in a podcast that came out this week, and Spre didn’t hold back what he thought of Miller (thanks to the New York Post for the transcription).

““Reggie is a talker. The thing I hated about him is he was a flopper,” Sprewell said. “He’ll just flop and I am like, ‘Stop flopping, man.’ You can’t touch him, he’s always at the free throw line. But you have to respect Reggie, he’s always running around screens, and if you left him open, he’s going to knock down shots. You just have to be careful how you guard him because if you touched him, he’s going to act like he got shot out of a cannon.””

Yes, Miller did.

Just remember that next December when Reggie Miller is doing color commentating a TNT game and complains about how some player today flops. Miller was well ahead of the curve on that game.

Latrell speaking truth, while Reggie is saying, "Get off my lawn!"
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Leg kick flopper on perimeter shots, too. Most disgusting is that he was also a grab 'n flailer like Stockton. Grabbed the opponent and made it look like the opponent pushed him. Reggie rarely if ever took hits to the chest for offensive fouls a la Coop.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Leg kick flopper on perimeter shots, too. Most disgusting is that he was also a grab 'n flailer like Stockton. Grabbed the opponent and made it look like the opponent pushed him. Reggie rarely if ever took hits to the chest for offensive fouls a la Coop.

During the 1998 season, amidst the Bulls quest for a second three peat, Jordan dropped this awesome line in an interview...

Quote:
``I really don't dislike playing against anybody in the league, but playing Reggie Miller drives me nuts. It's like chicken-fighting with a woman. His game is all this flopping type thing. Don't touch him, or it's a foul. But he has his hands on you all the time, like a woman holding your waist.''

Pretty much encapsulates Reggie's game in a nutshell. Great shooter, but a bit of a (bleep). I'm sure Jordan and many others felt this way about Reg, dude would play you like he was your jealous GF.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject:

There's plenty more to hate about Reggie than his flopping.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject:

He was the master of the leg kick out.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Its really ashamed if a superstar needs zebras help to his favor instead of utilizing his pure talents to beat the opponents fair and square.

Regi was among the worst floppers.

If he played today I would definitely tell him to let his games speak louder. Not flopping.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject:

The thing I hate most about Reggie is his tattoo

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/8a/8b/1b/8a8b1bf3c5ea48fb6a6d1a63024e524c.jpg
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject:

Thing I hate the most is that instead of focusing on his game, he was starring in Star Trek: Deep Space 9. Really Reggie? They didn't even need make up for this flopping fool.

http://cdn.styleforum.net/8/8f/8f66c842_Reggie-Miller-and-Quark-from-Star-Trek.jpeg

Christ what a troglodyte.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
Its really ashamed if a superstar needs zebras help to his favor instead of utilizing his pure talents to beat the opponents fair and square.

Regi was among the worst floppers.

If he played today I would definitely tell him to let his games speak louder. Not flopping.

The hall of fame and ring teams full of guys who played dirty, flopped, grabbed jerseys, talked trashed, threw elbows and gave themselves an edge outside of using their pure talent. While Reggie is certainly high on the list of schemers lots of Lakers keep him company on those lists
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: