What do the Thunder do now?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: What do the Thunder do now?

They immediately drop to 6-8th seed and Westbrook, if he resigns after next season is gonna demand a salary way MORE than Conley, meaning $30mil+ per year, and we know Oklahoma is trying to keep costs down, so it is already being floated out there that they may try to trade him.

Westbrook makes $17.7mil which is EXACTLY what D'Angello, Young and Williams make (Source: Hoopshype).

I would throw in a First Round draft pick or two to sweeten the deal, because if the Lakers can land Westbrook, other FA's will now want to come play here..

PG: Westbrook, Huertas
SG: Clarkson, Ingram
SF: Deng, Ingram
PF: Randle, Nance
C: Mosgov, Black, Zubac

Time for Mitch to be on the phone...

Thoughts????
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Continue to blow up the team and start rebuilding.
Future
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject:

I dont think they make playoffs next season, so we have more competition for a top 3 pick if they sell RW this season...
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Call the Lakers, ask for Russell/Randle + filler (likely Williams and Young)

If that doesn't work. call Boston, ask for Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Brooklyn's first round picks and filler.

If that doesn't work, call up Minnesota and ask for LaVine/Dunn/1st round pick.

If that doesn't work, call up Utah and ask for Exum/Lyles/Hood.

-------------------

I would guess everyone but Boston rejects those offers.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Anon-kun
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject:

trade Westbrook to LAL for future 2nd round pick
ricojamie
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: ...

Anon-kun wrote:
trade Westbrook to LAL for future 2nd round pick

Two protected 3rd round picks
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:10 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Call the Lakers, ask for Russell/Randle + filler (likely Williams and Young)

If that doesn't work. call Boston, ask for Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Brooklyn's first round picks and filler.

If that doesn't work, call up Minnesota and ask for LaVine/Dunn/1st round pick.

If that doesn't work, call up Utah and ask for Exum/Lyles/Hood.

-------------------

I would guess everyone but Boston rejects those offers.

Lakers would only reject that trade out of fear Westbrook would walk in free agency. Westbrook won't sign an extension, so it will be hard to unload him to a team.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: What do the Thunder do now?

unleasHell wrote:
They immediately drop to 6-8th seed and Westbrook, if he resigns after next season is gonna demand a salary way MORE than Conley, meaning $30mil+ per year, and we know Oklahoma is trying to keep costs down, so it is already being floated out there that they may try to trade him.

Westbrook makes $17.7mil which is EXACTLY what D'Angello, Young and Williams make (Source: Hoopshype).

I would throw in a First Round draft pick or two to sweeten the deal, because if the Lakers can land Westbrook, other FA's will now want to come play here..

Thoughts????

The reason this is wrong is because we have NO WAY to compete with the GSW for the next couple of years. Why do we mortgage our future for a quick fix today that can't possibly take us to the top!????

I honestly don't care if Westbrook blows up and average 35/11/11. He still isn't enough to get us rings.

Nope, I would not do this. The ONLY way I take Westbrook is if he wants to come here next year and we don't have to trade for him.

If he even has hopes of competing for a ring, then he only has 1 or 2 choices on where to go. And that will NOT be with the Lakers.

If he wants a payday and a chance to compete for a ring before he retires, then he can wait and come to the Lakers next year.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: What do the Thunder do now?

Wino wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Thoughts????

The reason this is wrong is because we have NO WAY to compete with the GSW for the next couple of years. Why do we mortgage our future for a quick fix today that can't possibly take us to the top!????

I honestly don't care if Westbrook blows up and average 35/11/11. He still isn't enough to get us rings.

Nope, I would not do this. The ONLY way I take Westbrook is if he wants to come here next year and we don't have to trade for him.

If he even has hopes of competing for a ring, then he only has 1 or 2 choices on where to go. And that will NOT be with the Lakers.

If he wants a payday and a chance to compete for a ring before he retires, then he can wait and come to the Lakers next year.

finally someone else who gets it
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject:

They'll probably trade Westbrook and continue to blow up the team and look to rebuild for the future... Which is a great idea. The Lakers don't need to do anything regarding Westbrook either than be patient and wait. No matter what, he should be unrestricted next year even if he gets traded and then he's up for Grabs and the Lakers should be able to NAB him!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject:

Trade Westbrook/Ilyasova for K.Love/Shumpert/pick
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What do the Thunder do now?

unleasHell wrote:

Wherever Westbrook goes he'll get the max salary, which is a function of how long the player has been in the league and how much revenue the league generates. How much Conley made is irrelevant, because you can't get more than the max.
laffertydaniel
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: What do the Thunder do now?

Durant left Westbrook. Why would we want him? He chucks, he plays poor defense, he is out of control with the ball.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: What do the Thunder do now?

laffertydaniel wrote:
Durant left Westbrook. Why would we want him? He chucks, he plays poor defense, he is out of control with the ball.

Westbrook is arguably a top 10 player in this league, give or take.

I would be happy with him being added to the team, just don't want to give up our future for him. I do NOT think he, alone, can take us to the finals. Not gonna gut this team for a guy who could NOT win it all when he had Durant.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject:

I would try to re-sign Westbrook and create enough cap space for a second max player.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject:

The Thunder will obviously try to re-sign Westy ASAP, and failing receipt of his commitment, they'll trade him for whatever they can get this Winter. It'll be fun to watch.

I predict the Spurs will obtain him, somehow.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
The Thunder will obviously try to re-sign Westy ASAP, and failing receipt of his commitment, they'll trade him for whatever they can get this Winter. It'll be fun to watch.

I predict the Spurs will obtain him, somehow.

Yup been saying that since KD left.

RW to SA
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject:

Looks as though 22 and I have gazed at the same hazy crystal ball. Seems our Lakers caught a break; the Spurs don't get to replace Tony Parker with a first team all-NBA lead guard just yet.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject:

yup. Looks like RW chose the loyal route for now
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject:

WB can be traded starting Feb. 2017. If his team isn't taking off, I can see both sides kicking the tires about trades.

NOW, you have a team like Boston that would give up a ton of assets for him b/c WB is locked in until 2018. Would take a lot of trust from WB to do this.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: