How far is Randle from being as good as prime Odom?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYCLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject:

I wonder what Randle can return us back in the market though....

A decent vet? Not sure how much value he has by himself.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
RJ_LA wrote:
Give Kobe's work ethic and drive to Lamar, and Lamar becomes a superstar. Do the same with Randle, he becomes an all-star. To answer the OPs question though, Randle in his prime will be about as good as Lamar in his prime, which is saying a lot.

I'm predicting a breakout year for Randle. New start in a new system. The injury is not in his head anymore. His confidence is growing everyday, and playing against Team USA should be a great boost going into the regular season.

I've already said that we're winning 41 games and fighting for the playoffs, that's how optimistic I am.

If he does then it's a perfect time to trade him, because his peak doesn't look too promising to me.
Peak: A season or two of being a borderline all star but not making the team.
Solid starter.

If he's produces at a borderline all-star level why should we trade him and for whom?
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
If he does then it's a perfect time to trade him, because his peak doesn't look too promising to me.
Solid starter.

Could you elaborate on that? What isn't promising about him? If he has a break out year it would almost certainly mean he's improved his jumper and worked on his defense. If he does that, he has the highest upside of our kids imo. It's rare for a big man to be able to move his feet and handle the ball the way Randle does.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject:

I believe Tristan has more length then Jules? We will have see how Randle mentally develops? I think he is more D Green then Thompson. Jules also used his motor on the offensive end more. TT is a workhorse on the boards and D. Would love to see Jules become a defensive and rebounding juggernaut. I think he has the potential.

For the record I would take TT over Green at center, but I really like Green at the 4.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Solid starter.

Could you elaborate on that? What isn't promising about him? If he has a break out year it would almost certainly mean he's improved his jumper and worked on his defense. If he does that, he has the highest upside of our kids imo. It's rare for a big man to be able to move his feet and handle the ball the way Randle does.

Thank you. Julius averaged a double double during, basically, his rookie year. Trade talk already? He could be among the Top 5 or Top 3 players from his draft class. No harm in having tradeable assets, but let's be smart and not sell early. Julius could have loads of upside.
kb24isback
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject:

he is no where near the talent, size or skill level of Odom.

that said, Randle is a fantastic go getter, and rebounder. once he accepts that role, and understands that he can one day become a good rotation guy on a really good team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Randle is nothing like Odom, Randle is an alpha while Odom was a "sometimes" player. Randle wants to be the best, Odom was happy to be there.

Sure but doesn't change the fact that Randle is years away from a prime Lamar. LO also brought a lot of intangibles and a calming feel which Randle lacks. Randle so far is brute force through and through, in LO's prime..he was a perfect complimentary player / third option on an almost dynasty.

Most second year players are years away from prime anyone. Kobe was light years away from MJ, how did that work out?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: