TRADE PERSPECTIVE

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: TRADE PERSPECTIVE

In all honesty there are a ton of rumors floating around that seem to have 1 or more of our young guys headed out of Laker Town! I just wanted to try to see if we could get some perspective on this...

IMO I don't see the team trading Ingram, Russell, Randle, Clarkson or Nance anytime soon this year. I think they want these guys to have a year under the belt with Walton at the helm to see how things unfold.

However with that being said, I'm sure if the right deal game along for a Franchise type player that would bolt us into contention, the Lakers probably would have to consider moving one of their young pieces.

DeMarcus Cousins is considered to be a Franchise Player, but is he the right fit on this team? In retrospect to a trade that would involve Boogie, I could see Randle and Russell being the main targets which would leave us with:

Calderon + Clarkson + Ingrim + Deng + Cousins
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject:

Cousins is getting reamed at the Olympics. Just run PnRs on him and he's toast.

No way I trade DLO out for Boogie. Game is trending towards what DLO brings us more than Boogie.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: TRADE PERSPECTIVE

lakurluv wrote:
In all honesty there are a ton of rumors floating around that seem to have 1 or more of our young guys headed out of Laker Town! I just wanted to try to see if we could get some perspective on this...

IMO I don't see the team trading Ingram, Russell, Randle, Clarkson or Nance anytime soon this year. I think they want these guys to have a year under the belt with Walton at the helm to see how things unfold.

However with that being said, I'm sure if the right deal game along for a Franchise type player that would bolt us into contention, the Lakers probably would have to consider moving one of their young pieces.

DeMarcus Cousins is considered to be a Franchise Player, but is he the right fit on this team? In retrospect to a trade that would involve Boogie, I could see Randle and Russell being the main targets which would leave us with:

Calderon + Clarkson + Ingrim + Deng + Cousins

I'm ok with that trade as long as Molotov is included, we don't need $64mil on the bench.

Also Calderon is old and slow and should be coming off the bench, I'd do:
Clarkson + Ingram + Deng + Nance + Cousins
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Cousins is getting reamed at the Olympics. Just run PnRs on him and he's toast.

No way I trade DLO out for Boogie. Game is trending towards what DLO brings us more than Boogie.

Totally agree, hard to admit but I cringed at him during the Olympics.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject:

In the overall scheme of things, it might be more feasible for the Lakers to wait out trading the young guys and give all of them a complete year under Luke.
It takes a long time for an NBA team to gel and the more time they all have on the floor the better they will be in the long run. Even though they got a lot of run last year, their time was inconsistent with Scott at the helm.

I truly believe that the only players that should be considered for trade should be Young & Williams. I believe packaging them in a deal should get us either some money or cap space.

Russell and Clarkson are both Combo guards and with Huertas and Calderon, either one of them can pair up with Russell and Clarkson and give an adequate back court, so IMO we can afford to let Williams walk.

Zubac will need to see some time on the floor as well as the vets on the team, so you have to bring these guys along slowly.

Russell - Huertas
CLarkson - Calderon
Deng - Ingram - Brown
Randle - Nance - Black
Mozgov - Yi - Zubac

Makes for a solid team on paper but lacking a True Superstar, but who knows one of the young guys could elevate their status.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: