Last Chance U (Netflix Series)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Last Chance U (Netflix Series)

Anyone seen it?

It's awesome. If you like football, you're going to love this documentary series.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Last Chance U (Netflix Series)

ringfinger wrote:
Anyone seen it?

It's awesome. If you like football, you're going to love this documentary series.

Just binged watched and u right! Great series Netflix on a roll with there series of shows
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Last Chance U (Netflix Series)

dcastillo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Anyone seen it?

Just binged watched and u right! Great series Netflix on a roll with there series of shows

They say don't judge a book by its cover and initially I did because "Last Chance U" is such a crap name for a series.

But, after watching it, I was hooked. Never even knew football programs like this existed.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Awesome series.

But (bleep) these kids are frustrating. Like dude, all you have to do is show up to class and pretend to pay attention and you'll have more offers than you can count. But no, they constantly walk the line of being eligible, exceeding the max number of absences, etc. God bless Mrs. Wagner

The last two episodes of the series are incredible btw. Don't want to ruin it for anyone so I won't say anything more, but that was insane!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Awesome series.

But (bleep) these kids are frustrating. Like dude, all you have to do is show up to class and pretend to pay attention and you'll have more offers than you can count. But no, they constantly walk the line of being eligible, exceeding the max number of absences, etc. God bless Mrs. Wagner

The last two episodes of the series are incredible btw. Don't want to ruin it for anyone so I won't say anything more, but that was insane!

I find Mrs Wagner kinda hot, lmao.
forzaCOREA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject:

I'm bored at work so I'm going to write a lot of gibberish.

Spoiler Alert:

King of surprised Wyatt Roberts didn't get a single D1 offer.. team was solid when he played and his TD/INT Ratio was like 22-2 while his backup John Franklin gets a full ride to Auburn!? I guess these scouts base it on potential.. they see like a RG3 or Prime Michael Vick in him I guess but I thought Wyatt was solid all around on and off the field.

The coach lost my respect more and more as the series went on, from his verbal assaults on just about everyone, to putting his hands on the referee, to that stupid 4th on 1 they didn't kick a fg or run it in and they ended up losing that game, to throwing his team under the bus after the brawl when he was trying to score more when it was already 48-0 with 12 seconds before half time to kissing ass during his next recruiting phase. Before any of you guys think "well football is a mans sport and they need tough love".. you got to find a balance. I grew up fighting in all sorts of Martial Arts and I have the utmost respect for all my teachers and not once would they try to verbally belittle me like that. My Father is a very decorated Coach in Taekwondo, producing world champions and even an Olympic Gold Medalist.. never ever seen him berate and talk down on his athlete like that. Love your athlete and they will fight and die for you.

Mrs. Wagner just seems like such a genuine loving human being man, she is a dying breed.
marloveslakers24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Just finished in two days, great series. I saw they're doing a season 2. Can't wait
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

It was a little heartbreaking and all too human to hear DJ Law talking about his only regret being his blowing off high school and costing himself Division I offers because he wasn't eligible and seeing him do the exact same thing again in Junior College. I hope the change we saw him make at the end sticks.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

John Franklin III (Season 1) scored a TD for Florida Atlantic today.

If you do not recall, he was the QB that went to FSU before arriving at East Mississippi. Had a huge game at the end of the season, and took an offer to Auburn. He played at Auburn a year, the left to play for Lane Kiffin at FAU.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: