Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 390, 391, 392 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Well the fact is the fighter who scored the most significant strikes each round - WON that round!

Conner: 1, 2 & 4

Nate: 3 & 5

Super good to see Cowboy win, one of my favorite fighters...

Glad Cowboy won too
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
The major media has yet to report anything regarding McGregor running.

Looks like everyone's spinning this as a win-win for both fighters and the hype for the third installment of this matchup is already going from sparks to flames.

On a side note: McGregor apparently broke his foot during the fight and Nate walked into the ring with a broken or badly injured rib. Both of which are being used to shine further luster to both fighters.

Every major MMA media outlet but one scored it 48-47 McGregor or a draw

http://imgur.com/a/Aa4ni
Maybe I have to watch the 2nd round again. Because right now I'm thinking it was 2,3,5 Nate.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
The major media has yet to report anything regarding McGregor running.

Looks like everyone's spinning this as a win-win for both fighters and the hype for the third installment of this matchup is already going from sparks to flames.

On a side note: McGregor apparently broke his foot during the fight and Nate walked into the ring with a broken or badly injured rib. Both of which are being used to shine further luster to both fighters.

Every major MMA media outlet but one scored it 48-47 McGregor or a draw

http://imgur.com/a/Aa4ni
Maybe I have to watch the 2nd round again. Because right now I'm thinking it was 2,3,5 Nate.

I had it 1,2,4 Conor
3,5 Nate

Round 2 was the only one I was debating, but Conor won it like 60-40, although I wouldn't complain if it was given to Nate.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject:

Looking back, round 2 is the one where it could've gone either way. Conor had the knock downs at the start of the round, then the round ended with Nate doing well in the final minute or so.

I think the result is fair, it also sets up a 3rd match which should be entertaining.

Best moment of the night for me was that unreal uppercut that Rumble landed on Glover. Hoping this time around he can do the same to DC, about time we got a real LHW champ.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:32 am    Post subject:

^^^

re: Rumble Ko

Tell me I'm not imagining a freaking tooth go flying?

https://vine.co/v/5M2dHUjhj0M

For what it's worth DC took a huge shot from Rumble and ate it like a champ. DC was braced though unlike Glover who was leaning down.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
^^^

re: Rumble Ko

Tell me I'm not imagining a freaking tooth go flying?

https://vine.co/v/5M2dHUjhj0M

For what it's worth DC took a huge shot from Rumble and ate it like a champ. DC was braced though unlike Glover who was leaning down.

Looks like it, didn't see that when i watched it live. Hard to imagine a tooth flying out when he's wearing a mouthguard, but certainly looks like it.

I don't think anyone in the division could've took that shot. It was flush. The one he landed on DC was powerful but nothing like as bad as this one.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject:

remember when rumble was 170 welterweight.. LOL.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject:

just watched the connor/nate fight.. I respect the decision. I had connor winning the fight.. connor was so dominant in the early rounds and nate was really good in the 3rd round.. thought it might be over... but conor stayed in there despite his style not being great for 5 rounders. He's going to come back tougher.. biggest fight in UFC history and its his first 5 rounder? he did well.

interesting news about Jon Jones and his failed USADA test. apparently it wasn't performance enhancing..some kind of non-performance enhancing contaminant..
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
just watched the connor/nate fight.. I respect the decision. I had connor winning the fight.. connor was so dominant in the early rounds and nate was really good in the 3rd round.. thought it might be over... but conor stayed in there despite his style not being great for 5 rounders. He's going to come back tougher.. biggest fight in UFC history and its his first 5 rounder? he did well.

interesting news about Jon Jones and his failed USADA test. apparently it wasn't performance enhancing..some kind of non-performance enhancing contaminant..

They're saying it was a drug to counter impotence.

RE: the Conor v Nate fight, definitely the right decision, but a good fight, the 3rd should be entertaining, but if at LW I'd give Conor the edge.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Not sure why round 2 is up for debate. Connor controlled the majority of that round and knocked down Nate twice. Nate made a push during the final 1:30 of the round but didn't do anything to negate much less overcome those 2 knockdowns. Round 4 was the closest round IMO, but I thought Connor had the slight edge. In the end, the decision was the correct one. Connor deserves a lot of credit for not wilting in that 3rd round. After Nate started pouring it on, I thought for sure that we'd see a repeat of the first fight with Connor lasting longer only because he didn't gas himself out.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject:

yeah.. round 2 was clearly Connor's. dropped him twice.. Nate had a flurry.. but it wasn't too substantial.

if you can out wrestle nate.. you can beat him. he's got pretty good stand up.. good jits.. and good cardio.. but he's shown his weakness many times. he's way better at LW. but he's got a good chin despite the scar tissue.

Connor out struck him.. which is no easy task.

I wonder how Mendes would have done with a full camp. or another solid wrestler with G&P. i think that's connor's weakness.. that's why he does well at FW where these guys can't take him down as easily.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
yeah.. round 2 was clearly Connor's. dropped him twice.. Nate had a flurry.. but it wasn't too substantial.

if you can out wrestle nate.. you can beat him. he's got pretty good stand up.. good jits.. and good cardio.. but he's shown his weakness many times. he's way better at LW. but he's got a good chin despite the scar tissue.

I wonder how Mendes would have done with a full camp. or another solid wrestler with G&P. i think that's connor's weakness.. that's why he does well at FW where these guys can't take him down as easily.

Chad doesn't have the chin to stand with Conor.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

I don't think any FW has the chin to stand with Connor. LW might be a different story. I'm interested in seeing how Connor measures against the elite LWs.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

I don't think any FW has the chin to stand with Connor. LW might be a different story. I'm interested in seeing how Connor measures against the elite LWs.
thats what im curiuos to see...Conor in the lightweight division. still kinda want to see him against dos anjos..or even Alvarez
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

thats what im curiuos to see...Conor in the lightweight division. still kinda want to see him against dos anjos..or even Alvarez

I'd like to see him against Pettis. Would be interesting to see their stand up against each other.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

I agree.. he didn't stand with him in the first round. and most of the 2nd.. and I think he won both those rounds until conner TKO'd him.

Chad would lay and pray/g&p him for 5 rounds.. until conner got the up.. it would be an entertaining fight.. I'd rather see that than another Aldo 13 second KO.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Finally got to watch the Diaz/McGregor fight.

Decision was correct. Conor paced himself about as perfectly as he could and those chopping leg kicks were the difference. Excellent game plan and execution.

One thing I did note, however: Nate used his left hand as sparingly as I've ever seen. I was actually perplexed. In clinches, it was almost like he was chicken winging it when he threw those really pity pat hooks that are normally his bread and butter. Nothing on those. And no classic Diaz shoulders either when the opportunity was there. Got me wondering if the rib he hurt was on his left side because he failed to throw his classic 1-2 almost all night. And McGregor was able to counter off of Nate's jab all night, something that normally doesn't happen when Diaz is following his 1.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Rory left to Bellator... I get the feeling Cowboy is next.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject:

hmm.. not sure why rory would leave unless they didn't offer him. that division is wide open.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Cowboy won't go to Bellator. They can offer him 500K but ...

1) sponsorships suck there compared to UFC (even with reebok)
2) he fights a ton and that adds up $$$. Bellator won't be able to offer him as many fights a year.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:

As I was saying...

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/cowboy-sticking-around-donald-cerrone-signs-new-eight-fight-ufc-contract/
VTECkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Poor cm punk
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject:

I thought CM was going to be beat really badly. I was watching the open workouts yesterday. CM Punk looked like a guy who's been doing MMA/Jiu Jitsu for a year (which is what he is). Gall looked like an actual fighter - fast, strong, slick...Just new it was going to be bad for Punk.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
I thought CM was going to be beat really badly. I was watching the open workouts yesterday. CM Punk looked like a guy who's been doing MMA/Jiu Jitsu for a year (which is what he is). Gall looked like an actual fighter - fast, strong, slick...Just new it was going to be bad for Punk.

That was embarrassing. I though Gall was going to literally kill him once he took his back.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Stick to wrestling, Punk.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 390, 391, 392 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 391 of 499
Jump to: