first to drop 50 pts in a game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject:

If I had to put money on the probability of who it would be, I'd go with Russell. But I's rather see Ingram go super white nova and drop a random 55 on the Spurs.

I don't appreciate what Pop "didn't say" about young fella.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject:

The magic formula is to find the player who can get hot from 3s, has the ball in his hands a lot, and can get to the line frequently.

That makes it basically DLO/Lou/JC. If JC can continue improving his 3s and draw more fouls, I can see him hitting over 30 a few times this year. Lou probably won't get the PT and touches to get over 30. DLO has a chance at 40 this year IMO with his 3 point shooting, controlling the offense, and likely increased FT drawing rates.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
DLO will be the first.

Ingram will do it the most.

Randle will never score 50.

Lou had 44 against Oklohoma, he could potentially do it.

That was his career high in his 11th season and he started. DLO almost did that in his 30th game as a 19 year old.

And Lou won't start this season either.

I'm going with DLO.

no way, disagree. DLo showed a nice touch for one game, and did ok for a few others. But Lou is a potent scorer and has done it for several seasons, and on offense is really good. Dlo may surpass it one day, but right now he is not close...or at least his performances don't indicate it yet.

I think it's funny that you'd say Dlo showed nice touch for one game, when prior to that 44-point outburst, Lou Williams had never even had a 40 point game in his 10-season career at that point.

In fact, were it not for that single 44-point game, D'Angelo Russell at 19 and in his rookie season, would have already surpassed Lou's career high of 36 points.

Factoring in that Lou will no longer start on this Laker team, and that DLo will likely be the #1 option on offense this year, the smart money is on DLO, not Lou.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject:

I'd guess Russell, Williams and Clarkson have a shot of doing it, but it's not likely. Ingram is a ways away imo, and Randle would have a hard time getting up enough shots even if he was on fire. If I had to guess who would be the first I'd guess Russell.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
DLO will be the first.

That was his career high in his 11th season and he started. DLO almost did that in his 30th game as a 19 year old.

I'm going with DLO.

no way, disagree. DLo showed a nice touch for one game, and did ok for a few others. But Lou is a potent scorer and has done it for several seasons, and on offense is really good. Dlo may surpass it one day, but right now he is not close...or at least his performances don't indicate it yet.

I think it's funny that you'd say Dlo showed nice touch for one game, when prior to that 44-point outburst, Lou Williams had never even had a 40 point game in his 10-season career at that point.

In fact, were it not for that single 44-point game, D'Angelo Russell at 19 and in his rookie season, would have already surpassed Lou's career high of 36 points.

Factoring in that Lou will no longer start on this Laker team, and that DLo will likely be the #1 option on offense this year, the smart money is on DLO, not Lou.

That also has to do with the fact Lou has been a 6th man his entire career. He likely would have had more scoring outbursts akin to that but the team wouldn't have won many games, because Lou IS and always should be a 6th man. It was Byron that increased his responsibilities last year to places it should never have been taken.

Fortunately this season Lou will be given the role he is SUPPOSED to be given, and hopefully the 6th man on the Lakers bench.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
DLO will be the first.

I'm going with DLO.

That also has to do with the fact Lou has been a 6th man his entire career. He likely would have had more scoring outbursts akin to that but the team wouldn't have won many games, because Lou IS and always should be a 6th man. It was Byron that increased his responsibilities last year to places it should never have been taken.

Fortunately this season Lou will be given the role he is SUPPOSED to be given, and hopefully the 6th man on the Lakers bench.

Well sure, you can always have caveats. I mean, you could say ANY player could score 50 if they're given enough shots. Like, if you gave Smush Parker every single shot, he'd score 50 and we'd lose 95-50 and shoot 35% as a team.

But yeah, I agree, Lou will have more of a role like he has had for most of his 11-year career, which makes it unlikely he surpasses his career high by the 15% cushion needed to hit the 50 point mark.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Westbrook

You didn't read the OP. It is asking within the domain of the young Laker core.

I did read the OP.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
DLO will be the first.

I'm going with DLO.

Well sure, you can always have caveats. I mean, you could say ANY player could score 50 if they're given enough shots. Like, if you gave Smush Parker every single shot, he'd score 50 and we'd lose 95-50 and shoot 35% as a team.

But yeah, I agree, Lou will have more of a role like he has had for most of his 11-year career, which makes it unlikely he surpasses his career high by the 15% cushion needed to hit the 50 point mark.

And hopefully he doesn't need to.

If Lou Williams is getting the minutes necessary and the shots that he has to score 50 points then something has gone horribly wrong.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Westbrook

I did read the OP.

Then you should not have an opinion, right?

Weren't you the one who said since Yi was not signed, you do not have an opinion on the signing?

Which is it? Are you capable of speculating or not??
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Westbrook

I did read the OP.

Weren't you the one who said since Yi was not signed, you do not have an opinion on the signing?

I thought that common sense would say that I don't think any of our young players will score 50 any time soon, that signing Westbrook and him doing so is more likely. I guess I was wrong.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Russell's the only guy on the roster who I think could score 50 points at some point during his career, although I really doubt it happens this season. This is a question of who gets the hottest when they get hot, and Russell scores in flurries when he has it going, more so than the other guys.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Russell's the only guy on the roster who I think could score 50 points at some point during his career, although I really doubt it happens this season. This is a question of who gets the hottest when they get hot, and Russell scores in flurries when he has it going, more so than the other guys.

Agreed. And besides him, Lou has the best combination of 3 point shooting/FT drawing rates. However, Lou isn't going to get enough PT/shots to get to 50 IMO, while DLO is going to be given a significant green light, especially if he plays some off guard minutes with Calderon/Huertas.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Westbrook

I did read the OP.

I thought that common sense would say that I don't think any of our young players will score 50 any time soon, that signing Westbrook and him doing so is more likely. I guess I was wrong.

Ok but the earliest he could sign would be for the 2018-2019 season when he'll be 30. Westbrook wouldnt be one of our young players which is what was asked in the OP.

Anyway, GT is right. DLO is the only guy who has that ability to hit from 3 and get to the line plus the virtual guarantee of playing time. I also dont think nor care if it happens this season, but it'll happen eventually I'm certain.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject:

Russell will drop 50 in his career, though maybe not next year.

Clarkson will never drop 50 and nobody can even feasibly say about Ingram because he hasn't played a relevant minute yet.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject:

I really don't understsnd how people still can't see how special Russell is. Questioning his ability to score the basketball is insulting IMO. He may not drop 50 this season (and that's only because he's not a chucker like that) bit I'm sure that he could if he wanted to. He has too many advantages not to.

He can score at every level, and In every fashion

3point - most made by a room in laker history. Will likely increase this season under Luke as well as his %

Midrange - arguably the best part of his game. Seemed to hunt this shot out of PnR more than any other.

Close -they used to say he couldn't get all the way to the rim....not anymore

Post - how many starting point guards can stop him from posting up? Probably just Westbrook.

Teardrop -when he can't get all the way to the basket, he's always got this shot.

If he can't score on the ball he's just as lethal playing away from it. He showed that in the NCAA tourney against VCU.

The kid gets red hot and it's more often than laker fans got to see last season. He scores in flurries. (When given the opportunity) I really think the "pecking order" really messed with him last season. No more Kobe and he's likely top dog now (although Randle will probably have something to say about that)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: