Nice Article on Larry Coon, aka the Man
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Here is the link to the web site and it still has the information about the July 2016 program.

Sports Business Classroom

There is also a school for those interested in scouting.

Pro Scout School

I have no idea if there is any linkage between the Scouting Class and the Sports Business class.

There are a lot of outsiders who are taking advantage of the SL being in Vegas to do their own thing. Pro Scout School isn't affiliated with the SL in any way. Sports Business Classroom is -- I'm working directly with and for Warren LeGarie and Albert Hall (who put on the Summer League), and we're immersed and entrenched in Summer League. We're right there in the arena; our broadcast majors are interning with NBA TV; our Social & Branding majors are building brands directly for SL players; our Video, Scouting & Analytics majors are working directly with team people who are doing their work there; etc. Plus we're six days of content.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Kind of wish they would have pointed out that Lakersground helped him a great deal in the early days.

Without LG, I have my doubts if he would have ever caught on like he has.

As I said, I had no control over the content of the article (well, I suppose I could have lied about stuff...). That said, there were lots of milestones in my progress in the NBA, and I'm not sure I agree that LG was a big one. I don't mean for that to sound denigrating in any way -- you all know you're my homies and I'm invested in this site. But if I were to make a list of the significant people & events that marked my progress, I wouldn't put LG that high on the list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject:

^ For sure. Larry was already a legend pre-LG at asbnll and in the media. Man, I remember when you and I think it was a two other asbnll users first broke down the CBA (my memory is a little fuzzy from two decades ago...wow...but I do recall reading the threads back then). Man time flies...
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Quote:
“You think you know something? You really want to know it?” Coon says. “Explain it to others.”

My man.

Sig worthy quote.

+1
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:29 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Wino wrote:
Kind of wish they would have pointed out that Lakersground helped him a great deal in the early days.

Without LG, I have my doubts if he would have ever caught on like he has.

As I said, I had no control over the content of the article (well, I suppose I could have lied about stuff...). That said, there were lots of milestones in my progress in the NBA, and I'm not sure I agree that LG was a big one. I don't mean for that to sound denigrating in any way -- you all know you're my homies and I'm invested in this site. But if I were to make a list of the significant people & events that marked my progress, I wouldn't put LG that high on the list.

I never knew about the pre-LG stuff, so good to know. I figured you got your start here, so what the heck. I obviously had it wrong. Thanks for all the work on it, I have cruised through it a couple of times early on, only to come to the conclusion that it was all way too complicated for me to want to spend that much time on.

LOL, I applaud you, you have to be really geeked out and into it to accomplish what you have with it!
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject:

^It was a quite a surprise and honor to have Larry visit LG the first time. Too bad pre-2005 Lakersground is offline and is somewhere in storage so not sure if we'll ever get to see the original thread. As I remember it, someone had posted a thread on LG with a question about the cap referencing Larry's name. It's commonplace now, but back in 2002 it was a different time.

Since I had been a long-time lurker on asbnll, there's obviously no one else who could answer it better than the man himself. In hopes of helping out the OP, I posted a message at asbnll with a link to LG without any expectations other than seeing a follow-up or two, probably a flame from bozak. Imagine my surprise when Larry posted in the LG thread later that day, he quickly cleared up all the questions and was very well received by the LG community. After all of these years my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think he returned to LG for good a month or so later. Going on 14 years and counting, can't thank Larry enough for all that he's done for LG.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
^It was a quite a surprise and honor to have Larry visit LG the first time. Too bad pre-2005 Lakersground is offline and is somewhere in storage so not sure if we'll ever get to see the original thread. As I remember it, someone had posted a thread on LG with a question about the cap referencing Larry's name. It's commonplace now, but back in 2002 it was a different time.

Since I had been a long-time lurker on asbnll, there's obviously no one else who could answer it better than the man himself. In hopes of helping out the OP, I posted a message at asbnll with a link to LG without any expectations other than seeing a follow-up or two, probably a flame from bozak. Imagine my surprise when Larry posted in the LG thread later that day, he quickly cleared up all the questions and was very well received by the LG community. After all of these years my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think he returned to LG for good a month or so later. Going on 14 years and counting, can't thank Larry enough for all that he's done for LG.

Oh god, there is a name in infamy. The hated bozak!! He sucked!! LOL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: