Potential Dynasty?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Gomur wrote:
I love the enthusiasm but this thread is way too premature.

Gotta embrace the here and now. Agree with above: 30-35 wins would be awesome.

eh... nothing worse than mediocrity. If you are going to be bad and miss the playoffs you might as well position yourself to be rewarded with a high draft slot definitely when keeping your 1st round draft pick for the next 2 years depends on it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I say we have 2 all-star potential players (DLO/Ingram), 4 NBA starter players (JC, Randle, Zub, Nance) as part of our young core. That's pretty damn awesome to me.

Yay! Yinoma doesn't think Clarkson is a bench player anymore!

Well by that logic.. we're a superstar away from a future championship level young core.

Every championship team needs it's Superstar, 2 all stars, 6th man type, type/super role players
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I say we have 2 all-star potential players (DLO/Ingram), 4 NBA starter players (JC, Randle, Zub, Nance) as part of our young core. That's pretty damn awesome to me.

Lol when did I say he's a bench player? I've said default starter unless a better one comes to replace him (then a 6th man).
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lol when did I say he's a bench player? I've said default starter unless a better one comes to replace him (then a 6th man).

Checked with the receipts department.
Your story checks out!
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=6869644
yinoma2001 wrote:
1. Ingram (superstar)
2. DLO (superstar)
3. Randle (starter)
4. JC (starter/6th man)

Still happy you dropped the 6th man caveat in your most recent post. Now if we can just introduce JC to Defense (the LG poster), Soon you'll bump JC up to all star level.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I've always maintained that position on JC. Starter until proven otherwise. For example if we got WB JC is our 6th man. If we get pg13 the same. Common thread is a better player displaces him and if not he's starting.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I've always maintained that position on JC. Starter until proven otherwise. For example if we got WB JC is our 6th man. If we get pg13 the same. Common thread is a better player displaces him and if not he's starting.

If we can sign a player good enough to push JC to the bench. I'll be happy. That means we signed a really good player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If we can sign a player good enough to push JC to the bench. I'll be happy. That means we signed a really good player.

Absolutely.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Checked with the receipts department.
Your story checks out!
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=6869644
yinoma2001 wrote:
1. Ingram (superstar)
2. DLO (superstar)
3. Randle (starter)
4. JC (starter/6th man)

Still happy you dropped the 6th man caveat in your most recent post. Now if we can just introduce JC to Defense (the LG poster), Soon you'll bump JC up to all star level.

all these JC talk, what happened to Dave?
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

But you really think Nance is an NBA starter player? one of top 60 forwards in the game? (just doing 30 teams times 2). I like him a lot, but I think it's up in the air that he's a starter. I'd say same about JC. But the other two have are further along skills wise to make an assessment that they will likely start. For Randle, starter is pretty much guarantee with his ability, for Zubac I say that partly because the lack of really good big men to take his spot plus how gifted he seems.

I hope I am lowballing everybody actually. My gut tells me Ingram is a top 10 player, less certainly maybe top 5, and possible MVP level. DLo is less likely MVP level (though I see a way with his mentality), but very possibly top 15.

It's all hope and cotton. I was right on how good Kwahi could be (possibly more coming up), but wrong on plenty of others. I actually thought Rubio was going to be great eventually. And biggest flub was thinking Evan Turner was going to be a great allstar for his career. Oops
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But you really think Nance is an NBA starter player? one of top 60 forwards in the game? (just doing 30 teams times 2). I like him a lot, but I think it's up in the air that he's a starter. I'd say same about JC. But the other two have are further along skills wise to make an assessment that they will likely start. For Randle, starter is pretty much guarantee with his ability, for Zubac I say that partly because the lack of really good big men to take his spot plus how gifted he seems.

I hope I am lowballing everybody actually. My gut tells me Ingram is a top 10 player, less certainly maybe top 5, and possible MVP level. DLo is less likely MVP level (though I see a way with his mentality), but very possibly top 15.

It's all hope and cotton. I was right on how good Kwahi could be (possibly more coming up), but wrong on plenty of others. I actually thought Rubio was going to be great eventually. And biggest flub was thinking Evan Turner was going to be a great allstar for his career. Oops

Well Nance would have to be a top 30 PF, because he's not playing SF.
I actually think he could be a top 15 PF if he develops right. He could be top 10 defensively, and then versatile on offense and be top 15 there - pushing the rock, always making the right pass, hitting a good clip from 3, and able to attack a closeout -- that's a good offensive PF. That offensive development could very well be impending.

Randle is not a guaranteed starter either. May be better suited as a 6th man. Chance he could be a top 10 PF though.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject:

we already got a dynasty in making.....

DLo, Ingram, Randle, JC, Zubac, Nance......5 potential all-stars and 1 SOY.

We are gonna win...not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7......
sirronstuff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Dynasty?

Mitch thinks everyone just needs to calm down a bit
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
focus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I actually think he could be a top 15 PF if he develops right. He could be top 10 defensively, and then versatile on offense and be top 15 there - pushing the rock, always making the right pass, hitting a good clip from 3, and able to attack a closeout -- that's a good offensive PF. That offensive development could very well be impending.

Randle is not a guaranteed starter either. May be better suited as a 6th man. Chance he could be a top 10 PF though.

With his motor and numbers he can put up, i think he's a starter for sure on let's say weaker teams in his career. I personally believe he's going to go a lot better than that, but at a minimum, I really don't see his physical talent not breaking into starter role somewhere or another, even if his weaknesses remain as they were last season. He's also pretty hungry so I look for him to improve with dedication.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
focus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

With his motor and numbers he can put up, i think he's a starter for sure on let's say weaker teams in his career. I personally believe he's going to go a lot better than that, but at a minimum, I really don't see his physical talent not breaking into starter role somewhere or another, even if his weaknesses remain as they were last season. He's also pretty hungry so I look for him to improve with dedication.

Nance is def a starting caliber player IMO, but I don't put as much emphasis on scoring when evaluating players.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
focus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

See, I think all of these clips
for sure raise the question if he actually has a poor motor. I'm not sure which will be harder to improve, his stamina or his jumper -- both are so crucial, too. It looks like his stamina is a big reason why he's bottom 10 in advanced stats defensively for players who get minutes..

If he can fix his flaws then he'll be an allstar, but it's a long road. I think it'll be more of a fun road to watch than last year , and then the following year will bring more improvement. I have no idea how much he's going to improve in the next few years. So, I can't say he's a lock to be a starter

Despite the 11/10 averages, he was at the absolute bottom of the barrel analytic wise for players who got minutes. So..
He's such a perplexing, mixed bag of potential. It's crazy, and going to be fun to watch. All fun, because we don't NEED him to be a starting caliber player. We have a young talent overload.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
focus wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
focus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

for sure raise the question if he actually has a poor motor. I'm not sure which will be harder to improve, his stamina or his jumper -- both are so crucial, too. It looks like his stamina is a big reason why he's bottom 10 in advanced stats defensively for players who get minutes..

If he can fix his flaws then he'll be an allstar, but it's a long road. I think it'll be more of a fun road to watch than last year , and then the following year will bring more improvement. I have no idea how much he's going to improve in the next few years. So, I can't say he's a lock to be a starter

Despite the 11/10 averages, he was at the absolute bottom of the barrel analytic wise for players who got minutes. So..
He's such a perplexing, mixed bag of potential. It's crazy, and going to be fun to watch. All fun, because we don't NEED him to be a starting caliber player. We have a young talent overload.

Man, that video is pretty on point. Looked pretty lazy or incapable or both on so many of those. Acting like a 40 year old WALKING up. Not a driven attitude, terrible team or not.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
focus wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
focus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Man, that video is pretty on point. Looked pretty lazy or incapable or both on so many of those. Acting like a 40 year old WALKING up. Not a driven attitude, terrible team or not.

Yea, I made it, after watching him very closely all year. That was his effort output consistently. That's very bottom of the league effort. I'm still excited to watch him improve over the next couple years. He's a tantalizing, unique talent
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Maybe if we get another top 3 draft pick in 2017 and find a way to sign both PG13 and DMC. That's my pipe.

DMC/Zubac
Randle/Nance
Ingram/A.Brown
PG13/Clarkson
Russell/Dennis Smith/Markelle Fultz
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
focus wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
focus wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
focus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yea, I made it, after watching him very closely all year. That was his effort output consistently. That's very bottom of the league effort. I'm still excited to watch him improve over the next couple years. He's a tantalizing, unique talent

I know but it's pretty disappointing. The very first thing you want is effort in a young player, for whatever level of talent. Didn't Avery Johnson, DFish, Kawhi, Kobe...all guys with different levels of talent show that you get the most by hustling? He said Kobe was his idol or one of his idols...the first thing you get out of being a fan of Kobe was drive, work, effort, fundametals, mental strength, resiliency, competition. If you're a fan of Kobe primarily because of his dunking style, or putting points up alone...you're in the minority of Kobe fans because that is not the main thing he symbolizes. If you're a fan of Bynum, maybe drive is not the first thing of his you admire. Jeez, he was out for a whole season and has proved nothing. That's what you want to show as your basketball character to opponents? I really hope this is just about recovering from a long time off and just takes that long to get fully fit, because that was absurd. Like you, I am hopeful
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
We got Yi now, start of a dynastyi

Should have signed Yao. We could be the Ming dynasty.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject:

Take out D'LO and insert Oakafor and you got a dynasty fo'sho! But seriously, since this is 15, I have to ask.. How do you go from not wanting anything to do with D'LO to forming a dynasty with him? LOL! Have your views on him changed?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:04 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:

and this is why you're a mod, good one
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject:

Right now we are a dynasty in the lottery
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject:

sirronstuff wrote:
Dynasty?

Mitch thinks everyone just needs to calm down a bit

No no no, Mitch wants your blind optimism so that you run out and buy season tickets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: